Torquay United V Bristol Rovers 27th April 2013

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Friendlygas, have you watched the TV replay of your penalty incident?! Pathetic; nothing like a foul.

See you deluded sleeping dwarfs next year, in the basement division.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I was very surprised that this game was allocated a man who is probably the worst and most disliked referee in the country when there was so much at stake.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Seen the replay and it is one of the softest penalties I've ever seen. Deadman certainly tried his best to see us put to the sword yesterday. From the bench, it also looked like Lathrope was pulled back before the opening goal although the highlights miss it.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Frankie Prince
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by Frankie Prince »

Just a reminder. We drew and Torquay are safe in the division for another year. A marginal penalty decision, that was missed anyway is hardly worthy of the anger expressed by some on here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

ADMIN EDIT: POST REMOVED - OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

The penalty was stupid-there was no need for your defender to make any contact whatsoever as our player was going away from goal but he did and therefore it WAS a penalty and not a bad refereeing decision just bad defending. If you are talking about the highlights then watch your third goal where our defender as blatently thrown to the ground when the ball came in!!
The fact is that over the whole game a draw was a fair result and watching a 3-3 draw a bonus over a 0-0 draw. You stayed up which I never doubted you would even if you had lost but I understand that where there is even the slightest possibility you would be on edge.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Brucie, Perhaps if you had attended your view would be a more valid one,your language unnecessary and you criticise our fans as being a disgrace using language like that. You are a joke mate even by your own fans.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Brucie, Friendlygas is right: please refrain from swearing. Foul language is not worthy of any Torquay supporter. There are plenty of more effectively expressive and appropriate words in the English language. (Please note - I find a dictionary or thesaurus often proves useful).
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Trojan 67 wrote:Do you know how a Guardsman retreats ? Guardsmen don't retreat, they enact a fighting withdrawal. That c**t Deadman with his COWARDLY action would have run stomach first on to the cold steel of a sharp bayonet.
Aye, Guardsmen withdraw stepping back while facing forward, bayonet fixed.
Trojan, do guardsmen enjoy sticking bayonets into people? :whistle:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Perhaps of I had been able to get a ticket in the stand where I sit on a regular basis I would have done.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Three mistakes from us gave them three goals. We did brilliantly to come back and Darren deadman confirmed to me that he is one of the worst referees in the league. He had a very good first half and then lost the plot in the second. The pen was never a penalty. He may have for the wrong side of Saah but he seemed to fall over and got the penalty. Glad poke saved it.

We got the job done though and can look forward to next season. I can't wait for Pompy away. Lose my nearest fixture in aldershot but gain Pompy. Couldn't be happier!!

FriendlyGAS, having seen your posts in the last few monthss, you seem to be one of the nicer fans I have seen on the forum. We are generally a bunch of moaners anyway so I wouldn't take anything to heart. I look forward to seeing you guys back at plainmoor next season and selling out the away end again.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Won't take it to heart. As regards the penalty it was a soft penalty but there was contact by your player and it was totally unnecessary but was a penalty. Have a look at your third goal which is amazing the referee didn't see Downes manhandle our defender to the ground.
Have to say it was hilarious the way the referee blew his whistle at the end and sprinted off the pitch and straight down the tunnel.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

After watching the highlights, I must say it did look like a great game. Why can't we play with that desire every game? It was great to see Chris Brass throwing himself around like a lunatic after our second goal too. I was impressed by the commentators stats though, Benyon getting his 3rd goal in 32 games for us this season! We haven't even played anywhere near 32 games since he arrived but impressive statistic finding, none the less.

A good result against a team with nothing to play for, which can often lead to an upset for the team still fighting for something and ended up several places clear of the bottom.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"