Promotion chasing Squad?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

forevertufc your posts are always bang on and considered even when you criticised me for what I said about the Referee after the Ashton Gate Play Off Final.

The biggest problem we have is a lack of pace. Lolos has to start today and I think the new signing Addai will bring pace which is crucial if we are to counter attack like we did so well last season.

I think Gary has been caught out by just how bad we have been in the first 6 games but I am confident he will resolve the main issues and quickly.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

portugull wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 13:29 forevertufc your posts are always bang on and considered even when you criticised me for what I said about the Referee after the Ashton Gate Play Off Final.

The biggest problem we have is a lack of pace. Lolos has to start today and I think the new signing Addai will bring pace which is crucial if we are to counter attack like we did so well last season.

I think Gary has been caught out by just how bad we have been in the first 6 games but I am confident he will resolve the main issues and quickly.
Hi Portugull, any individual or collective opinion I may critize should never be taken personally, or that I think my own opinion is superior, football is a game of opinions and talking points we are not always going to agree with each other.

If I've caused any upset please accept my humble apologies. Just been a little frustrated with the lack of honesty and passion round our club of late. More stories today of people boycotting because of restrictions, cashless turnstiles, jobsworth stewarding and a real unwelcoming feel around the club, 1900 home fans in and falling, the club will die on it's arse if this continues and no one seems to be either noticing or caring much.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Thanks forevertufc.

I think a courteous letter to George Edwards listing some really alarming incidents might be a good idea.

However it is always difficult to summarise when the detail is second or third hand.

The story of the father and his 2 young sons being turned away at 2.25pm last Saturday if true is shocking.

This is a Management issue and it needs a Public Statement by the Club in my opinion.
TerryTorq
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Northcott

Post by TerryTorq »

Unless anyone is able to ask GJ what his recruitment timeline was I guess we will never know the answer.

I couldn’t remember exactly what he said in his post match Solihull Moors interview so I copied the following from the club website.

“….because at the moment some of them are proving not quite up to this level. I apologise for that because I’m the one that recruits these people, and we didn’t have a lot of time to recruit people”

He doesn’t strike me as someone who leaves everything to the last minute so maybe he really didn’t have a lot of time.

Last season was different in one respect in that the National League which usually runs in conjunction with the Football League operated 3 weeks behind the FL in both first and last matches as well as the Play-Off final.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

TerryTorq wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 14:43 He doesn’t strike me as someone who leaves everything to the last minute so maybe he really didn’t have a lot of time.
I would imagine they had targets identified, and contracts ready for when they knew which division they'd be in. Once we don't go up, half of those targets are no longer realistic, and no doubt some of the contracts offered were never likely to be accepted. (thinking of Cameron, Nemane, Whitfield, Covolan there).

So now they have to bring in players they think that buy in to the ethos of the club 3 or 4 weeks after everybody else in the division has started building their squad. Couple with the need to give players time off before bring them back for pre-season, losing the playoff final was the worst possible thing for our chances this time around. That's why I Johnson will be given time to get things going. first half a dozen were mostly terrible, but to me that's been our pre-season. True, it means there is already ground to make up on the leaders, but Johnson's done it before to great success.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.