Ticket arrangements for Shrewsbury

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

I can't make the game on saturday but will deffo be there for the away leg. I've not been to the new ground at shrewsbury and some chesterfield fans have told me parking is a nightmare and they cone off large parts of the nearby streets. Does anyone have any info for me as to where i can park? It would be appreciated thanks.
floreat salopia1
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: jakey robinson

Post by floreat salopia1 »

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/page/Trav ... 43,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the official travel plan . scroll down page..would recommend Harlescott Park and ride which is go to the end of the M54 /A5 turn right and follow the signs after 2 miles...park and coach tom the ground with no aggro!
Parking not good near to ground especially with near full house expected.. :scarf:
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Here's some info Andy.
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/shrewsbury_town/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's a couple of pubs that provide parking, my dad and I used the Brooklands Hotel. Costs a fiver but is not far to walk.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I went last season and it is a nightmare. Must have been a condition of putting the ground where it is but loads of no parking signs get put on on the nearby roads and we ended up parking about a 2 mile walk away and got in 2 mins after ko. Pretty bad considering we got there around midday, thought we had loads of time and pulled up at a pub for lunch then on to the ground.

I'm contemplating going but the Friday KO, the poor parking and the facts is on Sky means I'm wavering.
TUST #324
MattSTFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jake Robinson ;)

Post by MattSTFC »

There are places where you can park on the street which are around a 10 minute walk to the stadium, but they're not the easiest to describe to be honest, but aren't too far away from the Brooklands Hotel pub, see below.

You'll not get much nearer without a permit to park at the stadium itself or risking it in the retail park the other side of the railway line behind the West Stand. Your best bet is to park at the Brooklands Hotel (pub) postcode SY3 9JT or across the road from there at Pritchards Van Hire. Both charge £5 per car for matchday parking and are a 10 minute walk to the stadium.

Alternatively there is the Charles Darwin pub in Sutton Farm postcode SY2 6HN which is a similar distance from the ground. I don't now the score regards charges for parking there these days as I believe it's recenty changed hands. It used to be the case that if you bought a drink inside you got a ticket to display in the car. Whatever you do don't park on the streets around there though as you will get a ticket!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Matt, the stewards were excellent at your ground last season. My dad dropped me off in the car park as I was pregnant and couldn't manage the walk. He was going to park the car and walk back but your lovely stewards gave us a permit to park at the ground so I wouldn't be left on me lonesome.
They were incredibly friendly, never seen a steward smile before. :-D :)
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I parked at the Brooklands hotel both times I've been so that was where I was going to aim for. Never had a problem before, but I suppose with it being a capacity crowd it might be busier than usual. I might aim to get there early!

As a cautionary tale, my mate parked up in the retail park and got a ticket. Its no closer than any of the pubs which offer a bit of parking, but is a fair bit cheaper if you got caught!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Sorry Shrews fans, haven't read all your replies as yet. Do you still do that shuttle bus thing you did earlier in the year? Or will that be really busy this time around?!
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Lets not all get put off going just cause its on Sky, we need as much vocal support there as we can get!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I went to an unrelated Shrews match once, was given a ride by a lovely man in a Ping shirt, a Rolex and a Range Rover. We enjoyed a pre-match ale in the Charles Darwin, hardly salubrious, but I'm sure Dave will like it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

ferrarilover wrote:was given a ride by a lovely man in a Ping shirt, a Rolex and a Range Rover.
Matt.

The thing that dreams are made of...... o:)
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

gullsflyinghigh wrote:Lets not all get put off going just cause its on Sky, we need as much vocal support there as we can get!
I have to keep my options open in case we get to the final, I don't think the other 'alf would be too impressed with me going to Shrewsbury then, should we get through, Manchester six days later. Also I can't justify going to two football matches when money is tight.
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

Not to be down-hearted but I would work on the premise that we wont be going to OT. That way you get to go to one game rather than miss the first one and there is no second one. Just a thought.
:( Tommy :)
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

At the same time though Tommy, I've been to Shrewsbury a fair few times but never Old Trafford so I'd rather miss out on Shrewsbury and us not get to the final than go to Shrewsbury, get to the final and be unable to go.

It makes sense in my head at least. I've only got the funds for one match and I'd rather save it for the big one just in case. If we don't get to the final I'll use that money to buy myself something pretty or the new home shirt. :)
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

Yea sounds fair. Old Trafford over the New Meadow any day!

Hope to see you there!
:( Tommy :)