Replacement for Buckle (if he goes)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I think North would go with Buckle to be assistant at his new club.

I'd be all for the appointment of an up and coming manager who's done well at non-league level. I don't really mind about never managing in the league, i think Aldershot have done well to get Holdsworth and i'd have been happy if he'd have managed here. Only problem is, would our board want to actually pay anyone compensation when they could get someone who's more than good that's out of work?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

Already agreed I'm afraid. North to go with him and wouldn't be surprised to see at least one centre half and forward travelling up the M5 with them.

Certain people in the club can see huge cost savings, no goalkeeping coach and a cheaper manager.

My biggest concern would be if Damien Davey were also to leave. How many injuries have we had with him looking after the squads fitness this season? Hardly any and a lot of credit for this season should be placed at his door.

I heard a horrifying potential replacement today - Paul Hart
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

COLIN LEE
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

Avram Grant is available now...

Seriously though it all depends (on whether he goes or not) but if we stayed down, I'd agree about an up and coming manager. If we go up then I'd like to someone with experience and there will be many around who would love the chance of such a fresh young team in League One.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Martin O Neill is free

Dave Penney did a great job at Donny - likes his teams to play football
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Dave Penney is a really good shout. Hart would be horrific. George Burley is linked with the Swindon job - if he doesn't get that one perhaps he'd be interested...?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Danny Wilson is the other name being touted for the Brizzle Rovers job - perhaps if Buckle goes there he'll come to us?

Not sure if its a good or a bad thing though.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Jeff wrote:Danny Wilson is the other name being touted for the Brizzle Rovers job - perhaps if Buckle goes there he'll come to us?

Not sure if its a good or a bad thing though.
Unfortunately it seems that Danny Wilson is now favorite for the Barnsley job (recently vacated by Mark Robbins - who is now in turn favourite for the Sheff Utd job!).

I reckon Wilson may have been our best hope of Bucks not being offered the BRFC job - cheaper option (although probably not as far as wages) in that he is out of work and so no compensation required. I really don't see much standing in Bucks way now - unless he still feels that there is a future here for him.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Mark Robbins then please
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

we wont get mark robins.

hes left barnsley due to a cut in budget! so he wont come to us.

as for danny wilson, think barnsley are looking at him now - although i think he was a big fave for brizzie.

my mate (the hack) reckons wilsons nailed on for barnsley.

paul hart for tufc??? do me a favour!!!!!! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I do think it will be Hargreaves and Branston. It fits the boards direction and plans. I also see Hargreaves was in the players dressing room before and after the game Saturday.
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:we wont get mark robins.

hes left barnsley due to a cut in budget! so he wont come to us.

as for danny wilson, think barnsley are looking at him now - although i think he was a big fave for brizzie.

my mate (the hack) reckons wilsons nailed on for barnsley.

paul hart for tufc??? do me a favour!!!!!! :@
My reaction exactly when I was told. That would be total disaster and would undo all the good work put into the club over the past 4 years.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

Devington do you mind me asking how you know this is a done deal. I don't doubt you as such just it seems a bit bizarre for a deal like this to be done before our playoff campaign is even finished.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Hargreaves AND Branston? How does that fit in with 'cost-cutting'? If Branston was to perform some kind of player-coach role, you can almost guarantee his performances on the pitch will suffer. I find it amusing that as soon as you have a player on the pitch with seemingly some leadership about him, he's guaranteed to want to go into management (and be good at it). And now it seems if you have two in quick succession, they are destined to form some kind of management dream team. Can you not see problems with that exact scenario? Do you not think with their personalities, it might result in a clash or two, in a battle for supremacy? If you are going to 'groom' a player for the top job, it should be alongside a more experienced head. You can;t have two people learning the job simultaneously.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Fonda wrote:Hargreaves AND Branston? How does that fit in with 'cost-cutting'? If Branston was to perform some kind of player-coach role, you can almost guarantee his performances on the pitch will suffer. I find it amusing that as soon as you have a player on the pitch with seemingly some leadership about him, he's guaranteed to want to go into management (and be good at it). And now it seems if you have two in quick succession, they are destined to form some kind of management dream team. Can you not see problems with that exact scenario? Do you not think with their personalities, it might result in a clash or two, in a battle for supremacy? If you are going to 'groom' a player for the top job, it should be alongside a more experienced head. You can;t have two people learning the job simultaneously.
Agree totally (again!) ;-)

The thought of having someone with NO coaching experience at all in the pro game in charge, concerns me somewhat. That way lies a struggle against relegation I fear.

We probably need the same set up as Gasheads had (ironically!) with Trolls as coach and Lennie Lawrence as the wiser head guiding him, if we go down the novice manager route.
Perhaps Bruce Rioch might be tempted to act as mentor to Branners ?