Seating & Travel Arrangements - Old Trafford.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Probably try for the £36 tickets behind the goal but where will we be? Stretford or scoreboard end? I was a memeber of the Devon Reds, run by Phil Tozer, a bus driver in Newton Abbot back in 1975, and used to go up to OT when they were in the old 2nd division, Doc's red army and all that!!! Happy days :clap:
Oblivion!!!!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

We're at the Stretford, Oxgull.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

wherever we sit, (dont forget they're allowed to stand at OT still!!) it'll be a better view than we've had at a lot of grounds this season. i'm not paying more than £26 anyway
still keeping the faith
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Think I'll head for the £36 one 104 probably still be close to the singers then.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

NickGull wrote:We're at the Stretford, Oxgull.

Thanks Nick :-D Can't wait!!
Oblivion!!!!
Smithys
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Smithys »

dunno know weather or not it was gonna travel or not, but I head to OT alot with Utd when I can't follow TUFC and I'm almost 100% sure drums, air horns or most things similar are banned at Old Trafford, and if they enforce the usual rules Standing is only permited at either end.
chafford100gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: kevin nicholson

Post by chafford100gull »

Been to old trafford quite a few times watching chelsea and england and sat at pitch level(can only see the 30 yards near to you),upper stretford end(seats seem to be close together so if you've got long legs maybe a place to avoid),the away section(probably best for viewing) and the newer stand upper opposite the dugouts(a great view but far away and the roof slopes down so you cant see much of the rest of the crowd)...i would probably say that the back of the lower tier would be the best place for viewing and atmosphere..
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

NickGull wrote:No worries. Bit peed off at the prices, no student discount or anything.

I've highlighted the following areas as the better sections, but want to see where the singers are going..

WL103
WL104
WU203
WU204

The Executive box is a bit dearer (£40) I think.

What do we reckon?
I agree with those highlighted ones, keep us together in a block, the lower tier seats look good
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
manchestergulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by manchestergulls »

talking about decent pubs near to old trafford then few of my mates suggest the BISHOP BLAIZE top of matt busby way very near to the ground. i am working near there on monday i could call in and found out some details if that helps
http://www.facebook/manchestergulls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
follow me on twitter @manchestergull
take me home to place where i belong, down at plainmoor to see united, take me home the torquay road.........
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Stevenage acting on the signing section

http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestN ... 00,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

i've also been to old trafford a few times over the years, for utd and england games (and a stadium tour), which doesn't help 100% here as on all those occasions, the ground was full (apart from the tour obviously !!), and i'm guessing it wont be on saturday, so we really need to make sure we're all together to create the best atmosphere.

personally, i think anywhere towards the very front behind the goal is too low. the pitch is raised, and right at the front, it's not a great view.

i've been up on the second tier at the side, and behind the goal, and the view is excellent, and i think we'd create the best atmosphere there, so the £36 areas.

also, again this is my opinion, although it is a big stadium, it doesn't feel so big when you're in there. i think the stands are steep, and so you never feel too far away from the pitch, yes it gets high towards the back, but it's not as bad a wembley.

i'm happy to go with the majority, and would be keen to hear where Dave and Paul etc are looking to go, but the "popside" idea employed at wembley last time out, would be helpful.

want to get tickets tomorrow, as i will need them posting to me, so want to make sure i get them in time, so would be grateful if anyone could give some definite advice.

finally, on the occasions i've been up there, the trafford pub in particular, are VERY strict on admission for one team only. there is no compromise, so finding out in advance who's been allocated that particular pub, is a good idea. i hope we get the nod, it's a great place for a pre match beer.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
UpminsterGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by UpminsterGull »

£36 seats at back of lower tier behind the goal seem to be the ones to go for for those who want to stand & sing.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Thats the best bet. Spoke to a Man United fan on a forum I'm on and he said the top bit of the lower tier is the better place to go.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:Stevenage acting on the signing section

http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestN ... 00,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wish our club would do the same.....
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Could someone ask the people at the ticket office when tickets go on sale whether they're thinking of putting a "Popside" section for people who want to generate an atmosphere. No harm in asking.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!