FA Cup 4RQ draw - (now 1st Round Proper draw)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
craigtufc32
New Signing
New Signing

Post by craigtufc32 »

Surely this potential tie of Derby at home is the motivation to go and win tomorrow night! COYY
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

craigtufc32 wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 19:46 Surely this potential tie of Derby at home is the motivation to go and win tomorrow night! COYY
TV game for sure. Friday night under the lights
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

craigtufc32 wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 19:46 Surely this potential tie of Derby at home is the motivation to go and win tomorrow night! COYY
Spot on. Exactly what the lads need to remind them why they play football. Brilliant draw.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

A great draw, and potential of even more much needed money with the TV possibility, just hope GJ can get them up for this from the off. There can be no better incentive for these underperforming kids.........Over to u Gaffer.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Not entirely sure it would be a TV game,Derby are a big name,but to be honest with you,it's a league 1 version of Derby,IF we beat H&R which is 50/50, they'll be pumped up for it on hearing the draw themselves,I could see Derby sticking 5 or 6 plus past us,and I don't see how that's good for confidence myself.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Admiral wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 19:49 TV game for sure. Friday night under the lights
Don't be silly, BBC United are bound to cover Salford City so we can see the owners 50 or 60 times in the crowd.
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

Everyone who plays at Hampton & Richmond is invited to breakfast at Delmar cafe (Sponsor of GJ) on Wednesday morning at 10am .....but only if we win.
TamworthRam
Trialist
Trialist

Post by TamworthRam »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 20:48 Not entirely sure it would be a TV game,Derby are a big name,but to be honest with you,it's a league 1 version of Derby,IF we beat H&R which is 50/50, they'll be pumped up for it on hearing the draw themselves,I could see Derby sticking 5 or 6 plus past us,and I don't see how that's good for confidence myself.
Rams fan in peace.

I'm not so sure about your prediction of Derby scoring 5 or 6. We have a pretty small squad made up largely of youngsters, loans and free transfer older players who, still have a lot of talent but aren't quite the players they used to be. I very much doubt we'll play many of our regular first team players. The focus will be very much on the league and we have a tough November with no home games and 5 away games (including Liverpool) so this game will probably not be a high priority (see how I'm getting the excuses in early :) )

Anyway, well done tonight and good luck should you beat Derby.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I'm sure Derby will sell their allocation but not sure we'll sell out ours.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Tamworth Ram what sort of gate would you think we could expect for the replay ,😂 not much interest from you I wouldn't have thought.
TamworthRam
Trialist
Trialist

Post by TamworthRam »

desperado wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 12:05 Tamworth Ram what sort of gate would you think we could expect for the replay ,😂 not much interest from you I wouldn't have thought.
Hard to say really. As you will know, we get very good crowds for home games but that is partly due to having more than 19,000 season ticket holders.

I know it was only the Carabao Cup but it was West Brom and the attendance was just over 10,000 recently. It would be a long journey for a mid week game so I don't think there would be any criticism (other than the usual match day banter of course) if you didn't travel in numbers.

I would guess at somewhere between 9,000 and 13,000.

Derby will easily sell out for the game at your place but don't expect much entertaining or flashy football. It's not really Warne's style and, as I say, I suspect we'll rest a number of the regulars.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Tamworth , derby sounds very much like us in that you have a squad of youngsters, free transfer old players, one crucial difference yours have or had some experience and talent, bring your reserves they will still run us close.
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Admiral wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 19:49 TV game for sure. Friday night under the lights
Cup tie switched to Sunday 6th November with 3pm kick off...it is live on ITV.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I see Derby play Liverpool at Anfeld 3 days after us in the EFL Cup. Hopefully their minds will be more on that, and they will play some youngsters v us but obviously they will still be big favourites !
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Is there any truth in the rumour that Derby are sending their Ladies side to play us?

We would struggle against them.