So much negativity!!?...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Half a dozen, plus throw in a couple of BIG clubs.

Thats enough!
TUST #324
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

numpte wrote:Aldershot, Morecambe, Accrington, Wimbledon, Macclesfield, Barnet, Dagenham,Cheltenham, Burton, Hereford.

All similar clubs to ourselves.

Get real.
Agreed. There are many clubs in the same boat as us, or even in a completely different, sinking boat. People saying we are certain for the drop a day after a league two play-off final is laughable. Only at Torquay would the fans be doing this.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nobody has said we're certain for the drop. Some are just being realistic that we're in for a scrap to avoid it.

Steve, if you think only fans of Torquay are worried about the coming season I would suggest you take a look at other forums.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Fair enough Southampton Gull. My counter-argument to that would be that we have never been expected to do anything in the run up to previous seasons. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we are one of the heavyweights in league 2, I just feel that our players tend to thrive with the underdog tag, as we were expected to be in the dogfight this season but ended up in the play-off final!

You never know supporting Torquay! :)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

I don't see how people can write us off a day after our season has ended, this is what gets my goat!!

This is originally why I posted this up about negativity in the first place. I've written this on here already but if/when Buckle does go, theres nothing to say that we wont get another manager in which is twice as good, I'd accept Rosenior back with open arms, he achieved what Buckle has done, if not more.

Might be me just looking through tinted specs, and if I am wrong and we are scrapping for league survival next year I'll happily hold my hands up and admit I was wrong!

For now though I'm just gunna bask in what we have achieved this season, thank you!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

stevegull wrote:Fair enough Southampton Gull. My counter-argument to that would be that we have never been expected to do anything in the run up to previous seasons. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we are one of the heavyweights in league 2, I just feel that our players tend to thrive with the underdog tag, as we were expected to be in the dogfight this season but ended up in the play-off final!

You never know supporting Torquay! :)

Yep, being a fan of Torquay is certainly a rollercoaster ride of epic proportions.

What some call being negative others just call being realistic. We have a Grandstand to fund and will be losing our manager as well as most of the backroom staff a few players and a chunk of our playing budget. Only a fool would fail to see it's going to be a tough season ahead. Yesterday makes no difference to that now and I see no reason to dwell on it, it's over and the sooner we all get back down to earth the better. Getting to the play-off final yesterday will have no bearing on what happens from now on, time to regroup, make some tough decisions and start again.

The Board will meet next week to discuss the managerial situation so I'm not expecting us to know who will get the job for a little while yet.

Hodges/Hargreaves/Hill or whoever it is will have a tough job on their hands, I hope they're up for it.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I agree next season will be tough ,there is no doubt about that,i do not see our team being top10 next season,however i do not see us being bottom 4 either,i will being renewing my season ticket and hopefully will pick up a few sore throats along the way next season whatever happens.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I'm worried about our prospects. Simply because i do not see us challenging for promotion. This automatically means we'll be fighting relegation - because 'mid-table obscurity' has very rarely been our style...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

forevertufc wrote:I agree next season will be tough ,there is no doubt about that,i do not see our team being top10 next season,however i do not see us being bottom 4 either,i will being renewing my season ticket and hopefully will pick up a few sore throats along the way next season whatever happens.
here here Dave....by the way...is your vavuzala broken dave ???? :lol:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

kingsgull wrote: here here Dave....by the way...is your vavuzala broken dave ???? :lol:
Not broke Mike,never had one,just the shouting voice :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc