Will Crawley be the most hated team?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

tufcfan wrote:didn't like their attitude at all when they came to Plainmoor, wasn't very impressive at all, if they had won fair and square I would have probably been happy for them, but they weren't!
You cant really blame them for Zebs having a rush of blood to give away the penalty :-| We were always going to struggle with 10 men...

Dont hate them as a club as such, just reserve my loathing for Fatboy Evans and his obnoxious gopher... :@
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Jerry wrote:
For instance Peterborough's owner sponsored there shirts for the sum of £3,000,000 (as a comparison, Sparkworld pay about £30,000 to sponsor our shirts!) so it appeared as turnover rather than a "gift" from a wealthy benefactor.
Thought it's be a bit more than £30,000 to be honest. Shows what I know.

I've been saying it for years, but we should get Motorola to either sponsor us for at least £1m a season, or threaten to sue them for nicking our logo.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Crawley Town are the lower league version of Chelsea and sum up everything wrong with the modern game.

Horrible little club with ideas massively above their station that have been gifted a ton of money, play a horrible way and ran by a criminal.

Their 2000 glory supporters quite happy to bend over and take a load of vas while their winning. When this all goes tits up and they go broke (and they will because tinpot outfits with no fans who spend above their means always ends in tears) they'll be the first ones begging for sympathy before jumping on a train and going to watch Brighton again.

Wretched horrible club who i genuinely hope fold.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

yellowmonkey wrote:I thought there was a wage cap coming in this season preventing clubs from spending above their budgets. Surely Crawley will be in breach of this with some of their signings.
given the history of the fat sh*te, and his, erm, fat sh*te partner in "crime", budgets and spending, manipulating figures, "inaccurate/false" contracts, i'm sure they know their way around the rules :rules:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Quite a lot of negative vitriol on this thread about Crawley. Yes, they are a collective of tails who conduct themselves in the wrong manner but just for example if a wealthy benefactor came in for Torquay tomorrow and threw money all over the place buying quality players and paying them ridiculous wages, would the current gulls fans stop going to plainmoor and complain about money ruining football? No. Money has ruined football and created the likes of Wigan, Fulham, Hull, Blackpool etc etc who 10 or so years ago didn't have a bent bean and now are or have recently been in the Prem. I don't like it but there ain't nowt i can do about it. Its the way it is and it will get worse. We get crowds of 2-3000 generally but in 10 years time if we were in the championship or premiership we will suddenly have to cater for thousands more bandwagon-jumpers. It is human nature i'm afraid. Of course this scenario is 99% not gonna happen but it can happen at any time and WE could be that lower league club that everybody hates. Back onto the topic, i hate Crawley!!!! But i hate Accrington more, the town and the ground. It is just a desperate mess! I went for the first time this season when we lost 1-0 and i swore never again. The place makes me bilious!!!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

personally my main issue is not the money. it's the way they've conducted their business, and themselves, since.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

thats ok regiment, i was just commenting on what royal gull said about the modern game and money in general. we all know that some of those associated with crawley have conducted themselves badly and every gull has a point in hating them for what has gone on in recent seasons.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

It's not Crawley the football club that's despised, it's the two sh*ts that pick the team. :nod:

The two sh*ts only play football as it should be played when the two sh*ts know they can win a game playing football. :nod:

When the two sh*ts are up against a team playing REAL football, the two sh*ts are out thought and out fought. :nod:

This is when two sh*ts employ tactics to disrupt the rhythm of a REAL football team (as witnessed in the recent 4th Round Cup tie). :nod:

The two sh*ts, like it or not, are masters of winding up the crowd and playing, to their advantage, the feeble sh*ts with the whistle and flags. :nod:

Do you expect the two sh*ts to play any differently against the feeble whistle and flag sh*ts in League Two ? :no:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Horrible club. Even though I do feel for their fans who have been supporting them for longer than Evans and Raynor, they're the one club I really wouldn't be sorry to see wound up or departing back down the leagues.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Andygull - I agree with regiment here; it's not that they are the nouveau riche (although that does annoy me a little bit, and yes, it's jealousy!) - it's they way that they have acted since they came into their money. In some ways it's not even about how they're throwing cash around, it's how they have been behaving both on and off the pitch. It's almost as though the team have become Steve Evans/Paul Raynor writ large - their snidey ways and dirty tricks seem to be carried out by everyone associated with the club. Remember, it's not just Torquay who feel aggrieved by their behaviour (even though we have more reason than most detest them; Raynor especially).

there's a right way and a wrong way to go about your work, in any walk of life, and it seems to me that Crawley revel in doing everything they can to piss people off. It probably helps them develop this 'them-and-us' mentality but it alienates people and it's got to the stage where we just want to see it all goes tits up. This wouldn't have been the case if they'd just gone quietly about their job, winning promotion but not acting like total tossers.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Yes. In Div 2 that is. It s the combination of their money and their management.

They will nearly rank alongside MK Dons but cannot surpass the dastardly deeds to get Franchise FC on the road. May they rot in hell.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

The least said about the club, the better. It's bad enough I live a 45 minutes drive from that s***hole of a club.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

tktufc91 wrote:The least said about the club, the better. It's bad enough I live a 45 minutes drive from that s***hole of a club.
Think thats the most sensible thing said on this thread thus far. Really think it's another matter we have to move on from ASAP

They thrive on negative attention, don't give it to them. The thread was even started by a supporter from another club, they must be loving it, they draw strength from the contempt they recieve. Sooner or later something will happen within their own ranks to bring them crashing back down to earth.

We really have better things to worry about. We need to be professional, overcome them, THEN lay it on thick.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

happytorq wrote: Thought it's be a bit more than £30,000 to be honest. Shows what I know.

I've been saying it for years, but we should get Motorola to either sponsor us for at least £1m a season, or threaten to sue them for nicking our logo.

http://www.sparkworld.co.uk/news.aspx?articleID=13