Scott bevan.. gone.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I refused to come out of retirement :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:I refused to come out of retirement :)

YOU will do as you are told...... :@

or i will sue you for breach of contract! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

As long as it isn't some dodgy keeper coming out of retirement from Barnsley I will be happy - surely we won't scrap that far down the barrel.... :~D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Bevs has done well for us, but he's certainly not irreplaceable. Decent shot stopper, but considering his size, far too reluctant to leave his line. His kicking is Rayner-esque too. Cheers Scott, enjoy being second choice somewhere else.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
exmouthgull1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: zebs

Post by exmouthgull1 »

andy marriott :P :lol:
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Marcus Hahnemann anyone? Ahhh im just dreaming.

James Bitner and Martin Rice it is.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:ladies and gentleman,

im led to believe that the club have lined up two impressive goalkeepers to replace bevs and potts.

one is from southampton and the other has previously played for torquay.......... ;-)
Got to be referring to Steve Collis - I'm not going to fall for the bait that you're referring to Poke! Or should I................?!

In response to these revelations, if Bevan wants to go then I don't think we should be losing too much (if any) sleep over it.

Don't get me wrong, he could be a cracking keeper and got us out of a hole on many an occaision. But he was also prone to the odd clanger, which is what made him a League 2 keeper. The fact that we actually debated on here who was better out of him and Potter - who was essentially a career BSP keeper - just goes to show that. Thanks for your efforts Scotty, but be prepared for some backlash if you go up the road and take the dollar from Brizzle Rovers.

As for replacements, I instinctively thought of Jake Cole. Cracking shot stopper who got plenty of practise last season. I'm sure he has faults but I know of nothing that makes him any worse than any of the other keepers on offer.

Obviously Steve Collis will be mentioned. Did o.k in his token appearance for us, and has lived the life of a reserve keeper mr fix-it over the last season. Tipping up for stints on the bench at Posh, Bristol City amongst others. I think Crewe fans would say he's one of the worst keepers they've ever had, but I remember him appearing against us for Yeovil in 2003/4 and he was inspired - I recall him saving Woodsy's equalising penalty, but Woodsy buried the rebound. He (Collis) is probably keen on some regular first team football and a steady contract. Again, similar to what I said about Ademeno, could be the sort of signing we have to look too now.

Other players on the give me football list who could be interesting - localish ex Argyle lads Saxton, Sandercombe and Chenoworth; John Danby, Rhys Evans, Jon Stewart, Shane Higgs, Daryl Flahavan (interestingly enough, referring back to SNW's post, from Southampton) and a few others.

A shame if Scotty does go, but not irreplaceable.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Jeff wrote: Got to be referring to Steve Collis - I'm not going to fall for the bait that you're referring to Poke! Or should I................?!

In response to these revelations, if Bevan wants to go then I don't think we should be losing too much (if any) sleep over it.

Don't get me wrong, he could be a cracking keeper and got us out of a hole on many an occaision. But he was also prone to the odd clanger, which is what made him a League 2 keeper. The fact that we actually debated on here who was better out of him and Potter - who was essentially a career BSP keeper - just goes to show that. Thanks for your efforts Scotty, but be prepared for some backlash if you go up the road and take the dollar from Brizzle Rovers.

As for replacements, I instinctively thought of Jake Cole. Cracking shot stopper who got plenty of practise last season. I'm sure he has faults but I know of nothing that makes him any worse than any of the other keepers on offer.

Obviously Steve Collis will be mentioned. Did o.k in his token appearance for us, and has lived the life of a reserve keeper mr fix-it over the last season. Tipping up for stints on the bench at Posh, Bristol City amongst others. I think Crewe fans would say he's one of the worst keepers they've ever had, but I remember him appearing against us for Yeovil in 2003/4 and he was inspired - I recall him saving Woodsy's equalising penalty, but Woodsy buried the rebound. He (Collis) is probably keen on some regular first team football and a steady contract. Again, similar to what I said about Ademeno, could be the sort of signing we have to look too now.

Other players on the give me football list who could be interesting - localish ex Argyle lads Saxton, Sandercombe and Chenoworth; John Danby, Rhys Evans, Jon Stewart, Shane Higgs, Daryl Flahavan (interestingly enough, referring back to SNW's post, from Southampton) and a few others.

A shame if Scotty does go, but not irreplaceable.
That is not a bad shout, even if SNW didnt put the southampton link up. he did well at oldham and just been released by Pompey, at 32 i think he would be a quality first choice keeper. Seen him play a few reserve games and really rate the guy.

We need two keepers and i hope we can get him or someone just as good.
rodneyjackjackjack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by rodneyjackjackjack »

Bevan is QUALITY. We will definitely miss him if he goes.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

im led to believe that the club have lined up two impressive goalkeepers to replace bevs and potts.

one is from southampton and the other has previously played for torquay.......... ;-)
I hope this isn't Tommy Forecast...
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

How can we have replacements lined up with no manager??

Surly the new man will want his say on this?

It is perceived we cannot offer contracts to the loans / out of contract players because of this rerason so why would it be any different for these circumstances?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Richinns wrote:
How can we have replacements lined up with no manager??

Surly the new man will want his say on this?

It is perceived we cannot offer contracts to the loans / out of contract players because of this rerason so why would it be any different for these circumstances?
I think he was refering to members of the forum. I would guess as the Southampton one being Dave, not sure on the other.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

Bristol Rovers have swooped for Torquay keeper Scott Bevan.
...on twitter
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

goalkeepers are a funny breed (sorry SG). as so many of you have said, Bev could be great on his day.....................but isn't that the life of most goalkeepers ?? OK, there are varying degrees of (in)competence, just look at that Gomes bloke at Spurs - great on his day, but always liable to throw one in his own net every now and then.

If Bev is on his way, good luck to him, he's served us well, and seems a decent bloke, but i'm confident there are equal and better keepers available. would certainly be more worried if other names were linked with leaving, that's for sure.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

If the BR rumour on twitter is true I will be angry. **** OFF BUCKLE.