Today's the day.............

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
fatboywoz
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: danny stevens

Post by fatboywoz »

12:01 still no news, now its getting tense.perhaps we have to wait another week to see if alex mcleish or billy davies are interested. :lol:
:scarf:
smithy86
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branno

Post by smithy86 »

looking at the website i thought we'd appointed Platini as manager!
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Alpine Joe wrote:I hear that the Board did meet this morning but they initially got side tracked from discussing the managerial situation as one of them asked if anyone else had heard a rumour that Scott Bevan could be leaving to join Bristol Rovers.

Once the shock & surprise of this unexpected news had been dealt with all minds were concentrated on the task in hand & it was decided to announce a Press Conference for 2pm. Unfortunately two Directors then admitted to voting for Butterworth,not realising that he was actually Baraclough. They are currently studying photo's of both Baraclough & Butterworth to try and work out if any further votes may have erroneously been cast for the wrong man.

One Director who did not vote claimed to be waiting for the English translation of John Hughes interview answers , but having been informed that none will be available commented 'OK ,in that case mark me down for Trollope.' :clown:
Magical! :lol: :-D
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Chris Hargreaves blogged yesterday that he's off to Ireland this week, so I guess we can count him out from the manager's job, then.
TUST member 203
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

divingbboy wrote:Chris Hargreaves blogged yesterday that he's off to Ireland this week, so I guess we can count him out from the manager's job, then.
Unless he has signed the contract and is off on a scouting mission for the week, to uncover some more O'Kane's
yellowhammer
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by yellowhammer »

regiment wrote: really ?? i'm guessing they'll know in the amazonian rain forest before it appears on the OS :rofl:
Actually meant i won't be looking at the official site for it... Expecting all breaking news to appear here first!!! :-D

Also had a strange moment seeing platini on the OS front page 8/
smithy86
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by smithy86 »

I have heard its down to two Ling and Baraclough
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think Ling is wasting his time.....
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Martin Ling?! Are you serious smithy? I know he had quite a long spell at Orient a while ago but didn't he have a complete nightmare at Cambridge?? I seem to remember he really struggled there in the bottom half of the BSP with the fans never really taking to him.

I know Baraclough has a lot of experience and did all that could be expected of him at Scunthorpe, but I would still favour Forster over these two.

Is your info reliable?
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

smithy86 wrote:I have heard its down to two Ling and Baraclough
A who now?
Am I missing a joke? I'm tired, I've just been battered with a noisy toy hammer and the waiting is killing me. I can't be doing with jokes. :|

I take the above back. Seen other thread.
smithy86
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by smithy86 »

someone close enough too the club,also someones just started another thread about Ling so think it could be the case, I am unaware of his track record why is he bad news??
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

well, today's the day - again.

press conference later today, looking forward to hearing what ML has got to say, as this is his chance to win a few doubters over, and put a few minds at rest.

all in all, this week is pretty massive for the club, new manager, hopefully some staff issues will be resolved, squad issues should be addressed and new players should be heading our way. all this, and the fixtures coming out.

close season can often be boring when there's no world cup/euros to pass the sunny days, but i for one am eagerly anticipating events over the next few days/weeks, and looking forward to the new season already.

COYY
Brady

I Wish I Was There