Robertson next for transfer list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

i get my info "from the top"....Forever will back me on this ....Chris WANTS to go (ask his girlfriend) and PB is after him...so its only a matter of a little time.....

i am gutted like you all
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

kingsgull wrote:i get my info "from the top"....Forever will back me on this ....Chris WANTS to go (ask his girlfriend) and PB is after him...so its only a matter of a little time.....

i am gutted like you all
Two words - feck off

We need to make a stand. We are a joke of a club with no backbone what-so-ever if we don't. If he sits on the bench sulking until he deals with it - so be it.

We cannot allow Buckle to rape us for what he wants and not fight back.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Richinns wrote: Two words - feck off

We need to make a stand. We are a joke of a club with no backbone what-so-ever if we don't. If he sits on the bench sulking until he deals with it - so be it.

We cannot allow Buckle to rape us for what he wants and not fight back.

totally agree.....
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Oh heck,i do know Kingsgull personaly,i know what he does for a job and who he know's,so there is likey to be a lot of truth in his statement.

I fully agree with Richinns,it really is time for our board to stand up and tell Buckle to go and **** himself,had enough of this Charlie,uniform,November,Tango,butt raping us for our best players.

And the board should tell Robbo to put shut up and get on with it,our board have to start protecting our own intrest's
Last edited by Dave on 05 Jul 2011, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Yeah great, waste money leaving somebody on the bench. Btw, HRG won't like these posts at all.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

monkeyboy wrote:Yeah great, waste money leaving somebody on the bench. Btw, HRG won't like these posts at all.
Would you rather just become Paul Buckle rug then monkeyboy? He is taking the piss and people with the same thinking as you are letting him do so.
TUST member 328
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

If a player wants to go then there is absolutely no point in keeping him. Because of Buckle's move to Rovers, Zebs and Robbo have a new option open to them, one which offers more money and in their opinion probably a better chance of success. No other teams are interested in them so it has to be BR I'm afraid. Let's just wave them off and welcome and support new players coming in. Sorry to be so logical Richinns, maybe I should be more angry, but football is a fickle business and these things happen, get over it.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Is funny how such a mighty team from Bristol are pinching "little old Torquay" players In order to be successful..... :~D ..... thought we were just a shit club, shit fans, shit players etc. I mean, their line-up for the 1st game of the season will potentially be 50% of ex-Torquay players...Gas can't be happy with that surely.

My Watford supporting mate is fuming at the moment too. Granted Malky Mackay didn't bomb us off when he still had playoffs to play nor is he an arrogant cock, but he's left Watford for Cardiff & has already taken midfielder Don Cowie with him. Andrew Taylor, a loanee from somewhere, was believed to be joining Watford at the end of the season but now looks set to join Cardiff. Mirrors the Stanley situation exactly. For the record Watford lost Brendan Rogers to Reading a few seasons ago, again, players like McAnuff & others went with him.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I think the club have to be careful here if they continue to let our best players walk out the door and lets face it (and I know they weren't all ours) we have probably lost (or about to lose in the case of Robbo) SEVEN of our successful team from last season .... Bevan, Branston, Zebroski, Tomlin, Robinson, Stanley and now possibly Robertson.

Now I don't know exactly know how the voting went for Player of the Year last season but my guess would be that if you asked any TUFC fan to name our TEN BEST PLAYERS back in May then ALL SEVEN would have been on that list - with O'Kane, Manse and Nico making up the rest. I guess our own MOM poll voting from around that time would back this up?

That is a heck of a lot of quality (let alone quantity) that needs to be replaced! As others have said, we can't keep a player if he really wants to go ... but not only have we lost nearly all our best players but one thing which we have benefited from over the last couple of years is a settled team , that has now gone completely out of the window and trying to rebuld almost from scratch (only O'Kane, Mansell and Nico would be realistically expected to be shoe ins for next season) is a difficult task for anyone without having the added constraints of a limited budget,geographical location and a transfer window that closes in 7 weeks to add to the problems.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Said earlier in the thread I'd like to see him stay but of all the players we could lose he's probably one of the very few that takes no effort to replace. Ellis instantly comes in. It's difficult for a club like us to keep 3 centre backs that should or could all start. Ideally we'd keep all 3 but we saw with Charnock we couldn't and you can't deny them the chance to play. Ellis and Saah should be competent, Oastler can play there then i'd expect a young loan or something like that to come in and provide some cover, it also depends how they rate Palmer whether he'd be ok as a short term stop gap. Was a shame to miss out on Stanley, shame to lose Zebroski and Branston because those 3 really were key players for us. The others including Robertson, easily replaceable.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

sadly i also have heard this about chris wanting to leave us however i think the thought of him going to bristol would annoy me far more than him just leaving he isnt that good to be honest i think ellis is far better and should have played the majority of games last year rather than him thing is though if or when he goes we are kinda running out of time to be looking for replacements i fear a triallist explosion of dismal quality or a lottery loan market session
Last edited by teeboo100 on 05 Jul 2011, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

monkeyboy wrote:If a player wants to go then there is absolutely no point in keeping him. Because of Buckle's move to Rovers, Zebs and Robbo have a new option open to them, one which offers more money and in their opinion probably a better chance of success. No other teams are interested in them so it has to be BR I'm afraid. Let's just wave them off and welcome and support new players coming in. Sorry to be so logical Richinns, maybe I should be more angry, but football is a fickle business and these things happen, get over it.
Your right - lets just lie down and let Buckle and Rovers walk all over us and take what they want for very little reward to us, lets not react, lets not fight, lets just be 'patted' on the head and then lets wave as all that is important walks out the door laughing with Mr Buckle's arm round them? Feck the little guy eh? Feck League status. In fact - why bother at all???

Well done monkeyboy - Very logical!
TUST member 328
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

he's right though. It's not just Torquay, Ronaldo, Fabregas (soon), Tevez and countless other top players if they want a move they'll get it. Players have the power not clubs and Torquay are sure as hell no different. It's almost impossible to keep players that don't want to stay and if you do you'll never get them at their best. About getting the right fees for players, getting new ones and moving on.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

royalgull wrote:he's right though. It's not just Torquay, Ronaldo, Fabregas (soon), Tevez and countless other top players if they want a move they'll get it. Players have the power not clubs and Torquay are sure as hell no different. It's almost impossible to keep players that don't want to stay and if you do you'll never get them at their best. About getting the right fees for players, getting new ones and moving on.
There in-lies the biggest problem - we clearly are not (35k for Zeb is beyond a joke) and until the right offer comes in then we do not let our hand be forced by the player, rovers, Buckle or anyone. We need a backbone and we currently don't have one.
TUST member 328
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

If Zebroski has one year left on his deal, the former manager knows all the cards you are holding and the player has made it adament he is going. You are left knackered. There is no official confirmation that was the fee either.

Not about having a backbone it's about having money, we don't have any.