PSF: Torquay United vs Bristol City

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

stefano wrote:You think you're having a hard time of it Trojan I have had 3 attempts disappear into the ether so if this one doesn't get through I'm off to bed!

Don Mills and Sammy Collins I never saw either but I think when discussing legends in a football club it is not right to restrict it just to players you have seen. Don Mills was of course voted our best ever player in a supporters poll probably about 6 or 7 years ago. A former Leeds United player he captained us in that 4-0 FA Cup demolition of Leeds in 1955 when the legend John Charles of Juventus fame was the Leeds captain. Don stopped playing in 1962 but then became a member of the coaching staff and he was my youth team coach in the late 1960's. He retired from football when we ditched our reserve and youth teams for financial reasons and in 1974 became Torquay's friendliest traffic warden!

Sammy Collins scored 27, 40, and 30 league goals in successive seasons so would always have to be considered, and Robin Stubbs was the best player I have seen in a Torquay shirt, including future international Lee Sharpe and former internationals Chris Waddle, Bruce Rioch, and Neville Southall (albeit I am not too sure what Robin was like in goal! ;-) ).

I keep going waiting for the next one to come along, but everybody we sign Brucie reckons is sh*t! ;-)

Don was one of my youth coaches at TUFC in the early 1970s. :-D The last time I saw Don was when he retired from "traffic duty" and had a beach hut beneath the cliff walk on Goodrington Promenade. Like many, I was saddened when he passed away.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Kinky John Fowler wrote:Cheers for the info Jerry, Royalgull and Russiangull

My Mother in Law ( :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: ) has got a bugalow in Shiphay and she reckons its about a mile from Torre station but it sounds like the taxi's are great value in Torquay. Some mates of mine have already gone down for both games but Im on night shifts tonight and tomorrow so Im going to have to see how I feel.
If you're going for the taxi plan it's best to stay on the train until Torquay station (only an extra minute or 2) as there will be taxis waiting at the station. There's nothing at Torre station except the platform!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

To confirm the city line up tomorrow:

City v Torquay: (DAVID!)James; Edwards, Carey, Nyatanga, Ball; Bolasie, Johnson, Elliott, Woolford; Pitman, Taylor.

I'm lookng forward to it!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Nice sunny day for it, proper shirt off weather. I'll probably sun myself for an hour in the deckchair before I go Plainmoor. :~D
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

That should be fixed now... It was an auto page refresh as part of an update.. Gone now, sorry for frustration!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Trojan 67 wrote:I'm part way through writing a reply to John Fowler when WHOOSH ! the box empties and the post disappears. :@ What the f'ck's happening ? Is someone playing silly buggers at TF.com because it's happening on a regular basis. :@
:bow: :clap:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

First half - Olejnik, Oastler, Robertson, Ellis, Nicholson, McPhee, Mansell, Lathrope, Stevens, Kee, Atieno
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Richinns wrote:First half - Olejnik, Oastler, Robertson, Ellis, Nicholson, McPhee, Mansell, Lathrope, Stevens, Kee, Atieno
It'll be good to see Oastler at RB, looks like McPhee will be used on the wing with Stevens on the left.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

The most important thing about todays match has to be how Atieno does against quality defenders, and if Ling offers him a contract. A long trial if he is offered nothing!
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

1-0, Atieno. Nice finish from an Ellis head down.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Warwickgull »

Get in, bet Ling gives him 2 year deal!

Anyone know the Bristol line up?
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

James; Edwards, Carey, Nyatanga, Ball; Bolasie, Johnson, Elliott, Woolford; Pitman, Taylor.

Strong team.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Warwickgull »

JamieE wrote:James; Edwards, Carey, Nyatanga, Ball; Bolasie, Johnson, Elliott, Woolford; Pitman, Taylor.

Strong team.
Wow that is a strong side, hell of a test.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Bobby Reid is playing in place of Pitman.

Talking of a hell of test, just wait til the second half: http://lockerz.com/s/120711888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

on twitter @insideplainmoor are putting up pretty quick goal updates which is useful