Rovers match in doubt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Exactly why does a balloon festival need policing?
TUST #324
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

In case people get carried away.

:rofl:
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

Bigman wrote:In case people get carried away.

:rofl:
Groan!!!! :no:

Gas game off tonight at request of police. Doesn't bode well for Saturday!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Don't worry about Bigman, he's full of hot air.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/Lat ... 17,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rovers V Watford OFF

I wonder what this will mean for our game on Saturday. It will be hugely disappointing if it is postponed but that seems to be the way things are going at the moment with the unrest. It's an understandable precaution, the worrying thing is that our game will generate a lot more interest and will be much better attended so there must be a question mark hanging over it a the moment. That said the rivalry that's developed between us and Rovers I don't think would ever be likely to spill over as it's not in Torquay's nature. I guess that it could become a target if there's further disorder. As has been mentioned the ballon fiesta is on that day as well. I suppose the next few days will determine whether it will go ahead.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I see that now most of you know. The Rovers Game tonite has been postponed on Police advice. it follows rioting last night in Bristol again. the trouble also flared upm In Kingswood as well as Gloucester road so i am informed from a customer who lives there. Our force was also required to send officers to Gloucester to help out with a serious outbreak there which was even worse than Bristol. The old college building, a ten storey 50 metre by 25 meter block was set on fire and around 60 idiots rampaged around smashing up all tthey could find. they were eventualy cornered by Police in Barton St where we used to hve our shop and now I am glad we moved. Several fires were set off in Barton street. This further stretched forces around as Gloucester sent officers to London last night. No one really expected anything to kick off in Gloucester.
I realy dispair right now. havn't we enough problems with the financial meltdown of world economy without these morons destroying what is left
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

The game tonight being an evening game could have had something to do with it, Our game would be in the afternoon and all police would be back on the streets in time for the evenings antics. Its understandable that they cant have a game on tonight as the riots could be at the same time as the game.

I feel our game will be on but who knows what could happen over the next few days.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Dear Brett
please look at the 5th post on this thread. It states why there is a problem with Policing a daytime match. It hasn't a lot to do with a riot actually taking place at that moment. it has to do with Police having to have a presence during the day and don't forget that the officers who have dealt with the riot are on the night shift. The offices left during the day which I assume will be much depleted are having to re assure the residents in that area and deal with a whole host of things so there won't be many left to deal with a football match. Access to the South down Gloucester Road right into the area of unrest has caused safety concerns as you cannop possibly guess where and when the fighting and looting with break out again. Don't assume it's all late at night. it isn't. Bristol started brewing during the late afternoon. the other thing to factor in is Officers were also sent from Bristol to help in Gloucester last night. I am glad I don't live on Barton street anymore as the trouble was right outside where our shop was
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

numpte wrote:Exactly why does a balloon festival need policing?
Because it is not just a balloon festival. They have loads of things going on there. It attracts lots of youths and there is plenty of alcohol available.

After what has happened over the last couple of days in Bristol, I think the balloon fiesta may be a target for these c*nts to cause more trouble.

I have a feeling that saturday's game will not go ahead, more trouble is expected in Bristol over the next couple of days, and with the balloon fiesta aswell, police recources are going to be needed elsewhere.

Plus Bristol police were called to Gloucester last night too.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

mmmm you must very have up market chavs in Bristol.

I hope its off as I can go this Saturday.
TUST #324
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

numpte wrote:mmmm you must very have up market chavs in Bristol.

I hope its off as I can go this Saturday.
Whats up market about the balloon fiesta? :)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

BritishGAS wrote: Whats up market about the balloon fiesta? :)
Whenever I think of these big balloons I can't help being reminded of Paul Buckle's head. :lol:
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

BritishGAS wrote: Whats up market about the balloon fiesta? :)

What isn't?

I should correct, I cant go this Saturday so postpone away!!!!!

In all seriousness, lets hope the Police start to get some balls , stop videoing disorder instead of stopping it and 'give the oinks a damn good thrashing - RAH RAH RAH.'
TUST #324
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Gullscorer wrote: Whenever I think of these big balloons I can't help being reminded of Paul Buckle's head. :lol:
Don't laugh at your own jokes. Poor form!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

cambgull wrote: Don't laugh at your own jokes. Poor form!
Why shouldn't I laugh at my own jokes? Nobody else does! :lol: :'(