Martin Ling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

orient_fan wrote:Leyton Orient supporter here...if this rumour about Lingy going to you is true then I think that you have found made a very shrewd appointment.

Before he took over as our manager, we were looking more likely to be relegated from the division, yet Ling got us on the right track and after just missing out on the play-offs in his first season, we gained automatic promotion is second full season.

He will get you playing football in the right way and he has a knack of attracting good quality players to a club that's on a tight budget. Yes he was poor at Cambridge, but at League Two level (with a few more funds available) he'll have you battling towards the top of the division again. You'll be knowhere near the bottom of the league with Ling in charge, dont worry.
Let's hope so! He certainly has 'tarnished' his reputation with the stint at Cambridge, he did very well for you.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

He won't have any funds available. If he can't do owt at Cambridge then that speaks volumes.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Ian Baraclough's the man I reckon. I, for one, would be happy with that.
loyalgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by loyalgull »

It's offical according to Herald Express' twitter...heraldexpress Herald Express
It's official. Torquay United will introduce new manager Martin Ling to the press at Plainmoor on Tuesday. Full story in Tuesday's paper.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Bollox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Just to let you know, i just got off the phone to my freind who works at the club. Both Ling and Baraclough are at Plainmoor.

He seems to think its between them two.

Also there are Sky people there trying to find out information. Which is where the Ling thing hs come from.

Nothing is yet offical. I expect Baraclough :lol:
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Just saw that on the Herald's twitter too. In the immortal words of Basil Fawlty..."oh spiffing". While it's perfectly plausible that it could well be another classic Herald cock-up, it certainly seems official. Not an appointment to lift the fans. Will have to hope that Orient fan is right about him.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I'd prefer Baraclough I think, despite Forster being my first choice.

Don't listen to that herald twitter/facebook account, it usually spouts a lot of s**t.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
MarineGull707
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MarineGull707 »

Well the board have really gone and messed things up if this is true!! Cheap appointment if you ask me!!!!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

What a laughing stock we've become if it's Ling. F***ing farce if you ask me.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Abysmal decision. What on earth are they playing at?

With Branston going today this just finishes off a really shit couple of weeks as a TQY fan.

No wonder Branston left. I am disgusted.

How badly did he fare at Cambridge - one of the biggest clubs in the BSP?

Did he offer to work for free? A fecking joke!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

LING IS MANAGER. ON THE OS NOW

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 14,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

BOLLOX!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe of all the people they had the choice of they chose Martin Ling.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

EDIT - So Ling it is. I find it very surprising if that his name hasn't been brought up before given that he's ended up being appointed. I suppose you can never tell how it is going to work out, I remember when PB was appointed I wasn't overly enthusiastic! I had been concerned that not having any 'football people' at the club they could make the wrong appointment and I have to say Ling doesn't inspire me with confidence even taking into account the good work he did at Orient. If he couldn't operate on a shoestring at Cambridge what chance does he have here??

Forster was a punt but you kind of feel maybe if Colin Lee was still at the club he's the sort of guy they would have gone for. Instead (if true) it seems they've opted for a lower league 'name' in Martin Ling.

God I'm dreading next year!!! If he proves me wrong then great. Why can't the board take into account what we as fans want? If they think this is going to attract more fans they are WRONG!!

'Oh look love, Torquay have just appointed Martin Ling, I think I will take up the offer of the early bird deal now!'

It's fair to say I'm fuming as I'm sure other fans are, will we go back in time to the Bateson days?!!
Last edited by taunton_gull on 13 Jun 2011, 15:08, edited 2 times in total.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

orient_fan wrote:Leyton Orient supporter here...if this rumour about Lingy going to you is true then I think that you have found made a very shrewd appointment.

Before he took over as our manager, we were looking more likely to be relegated from the division, yet Ling got us on the right track and after just missing out on the play-offs in his first season, we gained automatic promotion is second full season.

He will get you playing football in the right way and he has a knack of attracting good quality players to a club that's on a tight budget. Yes he was poor at Cambridge, but at League Two level (with a few more funds available) he'll have you battling towards the top of the division again. You'll be knowhere near the bottom of the league with Ling in charge, dont worry.
Is that you Martin…?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."