Comedy gold (Buckle)

General chat about anything else goes here.
Enzo
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Enzo »

ferrarilover wrote: If only I'd anticipated the sort of old crap Enzo has come out with and made it perfectly clear that I was NOT doing the very thing you suggest...

Matt.
Sorry, I completely misread your post. I thought you were explaining to a Bristol Rovers fan who had just witnessed a fantastic perfomance where Rovers "ripped Rotherham to shreds" and "passed them to death" your belief that it was a freak game - which based on BBC stats Rotherham controlled until Branno got sent off. If only I'd have picked up on the highlighted part, I'd have realised that the other 5 or 6 lines of your post were completely pointless and without any relevance.............if you wanted to take nothing away from Rovers why did not just ask him whether, having been at the game, he thought the stats were a fair reflection rather than advising him not to get too carried away.

By the way.......we pi55ed all over Gillingham today according to BBC text and stats. I would certainly not wish to take anything away from Gillingham after what clearly was an excellent result, but from what I saw, it was more a case of a freak game - we bossed possession, won more corners and whilst Gillingham scored 5 of their 6 shots on target we had 9 and a further 9 off target. Clearly an absolute travesty. Gillingham fans should be worried only to have 6 shots on goal during a match. They have been very lucky as when a team concedes two they are normally very lucky to even get a draw.

Irrespective of whether you made a w@nk post or I posted "old crap", statistics prove that statistics prove nothing.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What I've done, Enzo, is offer a point of view alternative to that of BG, and I've based it upon the FACTS stated above that Rovers scored with almost every shot on target that they had. What you are doing is taking OPINION that Rotherham were "ripped to shreds" and using that to show that I am wrong to suggest that the scoreline did not accurately reflect the reported pattern of play.
To make matters worse, you suggest that I am TELLING the Rovers fan anything, when, very clearly I ask him to tell me if what I am saying is true and I further go on to say that I am not seeking to take away from a good result for The Gas, I merely seek to find if it may not have been quite the performance the scoreline suggests.

I do see that we had considerably more of the ball and of the play and of the chances against Gillingham Their manager said that they were fortunate to go in ahead at half time. I also saw their first goal be scored from an offside position, their fifth being a badly mishit cross and their second being a dubious free kick for two reasons. Moreover, I saw Olejnik make but one save of any note in 90 minutes, but their guy make three very, very good stops in the first half alone. The scoreline doesn't always reflect the nature of the match.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Enzo
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Enzo »

I'm glad we have got that sorted - Neither the scoreline, the stats or an opinion of a biased spectator will always reflect the true nature of a match.

Time to move on.........in more ways than one.