Brizzle Rowvers!

General chat about anything else goes here.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Yes thank you Dominic (BritishGAS) am having a great weekend. With no Saturday game it was Christmas shopping in Plymouth with lunch and a glass of wine at Cafe Rouge (travelling by bus of course for road safety reasons), and today it is a birthday for one of my grand daughters (I will try to identify which one when I get there - it's so complicated having so many!).

SG is right of course in that most Torquay fans have nothing at all against Bristol Rovers as a club but because Mr Buckle was not the most popular amongst many and did leave in totally inappropriate circumstances the causal affect of that means that we do have an interest in how he is faring.

I was never big into this anti-Buckle thing as I will always be grateful that he got us out of the Conference in two seasons, something that bigger clubs than ourselves like Luton Town have not managed to do.

Whilst we have had a lot to say on this forum about Rovers, although more in particular Mr Buckle, you must remember that this forum was inundated with Rovers supporters at the start of the Summer almost before the shrill of the referees whistle at the play off final had died down and the ink was dry on Mr Buckle's contract. Quite a few, including yourself BG, were on here within days of our last league game of the season and 2 weeks before our play-off final when the matter was still at the rumour / World's worst kept secret stage.

There is no doubt that the manager situation was the very worst preparation the players could have for an important game and the way he went about his departure was most unprofessional.

I would never dream of going on a Rovers forum but because so many Rovers fans registered on here you should not be surprised that there are so many comments about Rovers on here, and that will continue. Some early comments on here from Rovers fans also were not helpful as we were told that Mr Buckle had done superbly well at a tinpot club so would do great things at a bigger club with bigger resources that would be at least two leagues higher than us within 5 years.

The sands of time waiteth for no man!

Mr Buckle would turn things around for you if you gave him time, but the recent history of your club suggests you won't, so once you show him the exit door you will find that our forum interest in Rovers diminishes. You will of course still get mentioned, in the same way as we mention Port Vale, Bradford, and Northampton Town.

Hope you are having a good weekend as well BG - I would certainly be happy with 1-1 away to Southend - and that you stay clear of the drop zone as I would want you on the fixture list next season.

Our real rivals Argyle had a storming 4-1 win yesterday although I think it is a false dawn, but I see your local rivals continued their resurgance so it looks as though it will be several years before you play them again.

Football eh, whatever would we do without it! ;-)
gasrex
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by gasrex »

stefano wrote: do.

Mr Buckle would turn things around for you if you gave him time, but the recent history of your club suggests you won't, so once you show him the exit door you will find that our forum interest in Rovers diminishes. You will of course still get mentioned, in the same way as we mention Port Vale, Bradford, and Northampton Town.

;-)
I'm disappointed to note that you will lose interest in us when/if Buckle goes. I thought we were all friends for life. I'm hurt :'(
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

gasrex wrote: I'm disappointed to note that you will lose interest in us when/if Buckle goes. I thought we were all friends for life. I'm hurt :'(
Oh get over it! ;-) :~D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

BritishGAS wrote: You were saying Andy?

I think it is wise to leave rambles like that until the match has actually finished.

I think the fact that you posted this 12 minutes ago, when the scoreline was already at 1-1 has far more hilarity about it :~D
Oh sorry BritishGas, next time on a saturday when we haven't got a game i'll keep myself glued to the scores at all times as i don't have anything better to do apparently. You've got Paul Buckle and we haven't - that has far more hilarity about it would you not agree? :~D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.