Bodin

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I noticed he was not apart of the match day squad today. Fingers crossed this could be a good sign for us for him to come back here.
luketufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by luketufc »

tufcbrett wrote:I noticed he was not apart of the match day squad today. Fingers crossed this could be a good sign for us for him to come back here.
He wouldnt have been able to play anyway as he was cup tied after playing against Sheffield Utd with us.

But yeah hopefully he'll still be back here.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

Very good point, my bad. I did forget about that. But if that side went out and beat wigan. I cant see Di canio changing it. I guess we will see in the next game or so.

I honestly think he will be back, just the matter of when.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

As do I Brett. We all know that a player who doesn't want to play for a team is useless, just look at Billy Kee while he was here, didn't wanna be so far from mummy, so he threw his toys out of the pram until he was sold. Bodin has made it VERY clear that he is absolutely disinterested and disillusioned with Swindon. He won't get a game, regardless of his ability, Di Canio has to justify the money he has spent by playing the very expensive imports he has bought tot he club. If he plays Bodin, leaves a six figure signing on the bench and the kid has a bad game, the owners are going to start questioning why the hell they're allowing the mad Nazi to spend all that money.

He WON'T stay at Swindon, that much I had assumed was very obvious, I certainly hope he will choose us when he is allowed to leave and that Di Canio doesn't do something stupid like demanding £100,000 for him and selling him to Creepy.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I note he was not part of the squad for tonights game in the JPT v Barnet.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

According to Sky Sports website from yesterday he still wants to try and get in the Swindon team although he would want to come back if he didn't. Maybe he isn't as disillusioned with life at Swindon as we all thought. Still think he won't get in the Swindon team as Di Canio seems to want to buy in more players instead of using the clubs own talent pool which seems daft to me but i won't complain if we are the beneficiaries!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... oor-return
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Of course he's going to say that, it won't look good if he's completely disregarding his current employers. I'm fairly sure he is expecting to come back.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I don't understand the delay if Bodin IS returning to us ( which i said before i don't think will happen ). If it's just a case of Di Canio saying yes or no then what's the problem? It can't be because Paolo wants to wait and see who he might bring into Swindon during the window as Bodin wasn't even in his first team plans anyway. Bodin wants to use Torquay as a get out clause should Di Canio not wish to use him for the rest of the season and thats fair enough but Bodin IMHO ISN'T part of Di Canio's plans so why the hold up? Maybe Billy just wants to stay at Swindon even if he is not getting a game just to try and break through into the first team. I just don't know but it's all a bit odd, especially as a deal between us and Swindon could be done in 5 minutes if all parties are in agreement. It seems they are not so Billy isn't coming back IMO.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

I dont know about that Andy, Swindon are still trying to bring in strikers so while they are looking he can still do them a job if called apon. You never know they may be waiting for any other intrest to try and sell. If they did want to sell him then he cant be onloan with us.

I feel he will come back, but not for a little while. Swindon hold all the cards so they can do what they like. The deal can be done in a short time but he was on good form with us so you dont blame them keeping hold of him for the moment.

If it hits Feb 1st and hes still a swindon player then he will be back with us in my opinion. Could be sooner but cant think to much into it as we dont know what Swindos intentions are.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Why would Billy be in Di Canio's plans when he previously never got a look in? If Swindon bring in MORE strikers then that situation isn't going to improve for him. Either way it looks like Swindon don't want to use him. Cheers Brett, i'm not the brightest spark when it comes to intricacies of transfer dealings and what goes on inside clubs but from a common sense point of view i don't understand why Billy isn't back at Plainmoor now and i don't understand why nobody at Swindon will tell us otherwise. You are right in saying Swindon hold all the cards but if they aren't going to play ball then Lingy should tell them to kiss his face and then go and look for someone else.I suppose i'm just a straight forward sort of bloke and this 'deal' seems so straightforward to me and delays don't help anybody. Not doubting Lingy but what if he is under the assumption that Billy will be returning and he then doesn't. Will he scramble around the footballing detritus last minute to try and secure an attacker?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

I dont know if you have seen the thing about Ling on BBC website. I did link it on the transfer window page.
During Jan, most clubs only really want to buy and sell. If you got a player you dont have in your plans then you may rather want to sell them to have some money to spend.

When the window is shut and its only open for loans then better players will be around and avaliable. Any players the dont get their move away in jan or players who no longer are in someone plans due to new signings will be avaliable to go out on loan. Lings correct in waiting for the right players to pop up. I dont feel we are in any need to bring anyone in a hurry, with the loan market just better off waiting for the right players instead of wasting one on someone who wont play.

Remember just because its Jan doesnt mean deals have to be done, I would like to see Bodin back but i dont blame Swindon holding onto him untill they finish in the transfer market. He can be their for any cover if anyone gets injuries or suspended (after his spell with is im sure Di Cano would be more confident to use him if need be) Also i see Swindon are after some players like Constable and Rooney, Bodin could also be offered as part of a deal as most clubs will now know Billys ability from playings with us.

All depends where Di Cano see's bodin. If he will never be in his plans then he might just want to sell him after a decent loan spell out. If he is one for the future or noone is intrested then a loan when right for them is the other option. Everyone club wants to wait for the right deal. Im sure Ling knows exactly what he is doing, Like i said on a different page we should be more worried about losing anyone than bringing in for the minute.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I don't really think anything has changed tbh. Whilst Bodin wasn't featuring much in PDCs team back in August it's not quite accurate to say he wasn't featuring at all as he did make 3 appearances (all starts too) for them in their opening league games before being left out for their game against Oxford and then being loaned to us. Since then, he has done well for us with 5 goals in 15 league starts and so PDC who presumably hasn't seen him play in all that time (although Paul Bodin has been in regular attendence at our home games) quite understandably wants another look to see what progess he has made whilst he's been away for the last 4 months or more.

That said, I too don't see young Billy featuring much for the rest of this season for them and having got a taste for regular first team football I think his preference would be to come back here with us, whether on a loan until the end of the season or even on a permanent deal. I think that despite what he may say to the Swindon press he is realistic enough to understand that he is very unlikely to establish himself in PDCs side when you look at the wealth of (more experienced) talent he has to choose from with the likes of Benson, Connell, Murray, Magera - and yet despite all these riches he is still trying to add to his forwards with bids in for Constable (Oxford) and Grabban (Rotherham) as well as Rooney (Gillingham) all of whom you would imagine would be ahead of young Billy if PDC is sucessful with any of these proposed targets. If he is not, of course, then he may still see young Billy as a useful back up and may wish to keep him "in reserve" if nothing else.

It appears that PDC wants to move some of his foreign "imports" and some of his youngsters out as he needs to make a bit of room in his budget to allow for these proposed new (and expensive!) recruits and so the idea of moving BB on is an option that is open to him as he knows how keen Lingy is on him. No doubt he would probably prefer to sell him for a big fee (the sort we couldn't afford) and so that option is always a possibility - even if it isn't to us there is always the chance that somebody else will come in with an acceptable bid and prise him away from us. But unless that happens, the next best option for PDC would be to at least get his wages off the books and then defer a decison as to the way forward in the summer when I believe young Billy will be out of contract - but still subject to a transfer fee provided STFC offer him a new deal. For that reason, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does come back here but we will probably have to wait until either the very end of this transfer window or until the loan window reopens after the first week in February.

Martin Ling is just being patient and playing the waiting game.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Didn't Craig Stanley miss the playoff final last season, because his loan ran out.....?

No point in jumping in too early and the same thing happening. Might as well take a longer look at Morris, who I still think can do a job for us in that position.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Brett and everybody. I was under the impression that any deals had to be done before the end of January and thats why i was moaning a bit. It still would be good to sort things out sooner rather than later but as you all say there is no rush now and Lingy seems to know what he is doing.
Paolos meatballs
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by Paolos meatballs »

Swindon fan in peace

Bear in mind Billy's background:

He was born and grew up in the town
He is a Swindon youth product and has come through the ranks
His old man is a town legend, and is currently working at the clubs.

Billy is a Swindon boy and he wants to play for the club. It's just that if he isn't playing for us, he's rather be playing somewhere else instead and he seemed to have enjoyed his time with you lot.

PDC does seem to like Billy, he's just unsure if he is ready yet. Let's not forget Billy is only 19. With all this talk of us signing Rooney from Gilllingham, many of us wish Billy was given the chance instead. One thing to bear in mind is that PDC saw billy as an out and out striker but after Billy did well on the wing with you, maybe PDC will consider moving him out wide instead. I think Swindon fans will be seeing Billy in action over the next couple of weeks as PDC looks to make up his mind.

If he does come back to you, look after him for us. Remember you owe us one from selling us the dud Benyon.