Colin Lee back in football ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

MidDevon wrote:Aussie

You can kill any post on here by claiming you are closer to each and every situation that people comment on. I suspect you like the fact that some seem to believe you.

Football forums up and down the land have many many "Aussies" on them, but judging by what you offer the forum, me thinks you are not quite as close to things as you would like me to believe

Give me Southampton Gull anyday (not literary of course)!
If you wish MidDevon I can delete my account so you can carry on speculating incorrectly about most issues that you don`t have a clue about, it`s no skin off my nose!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Aussie is closer to the club and its workings than some realise. The fact that 99.9% of what goes on never reaches this forum through Aussie is the mark of the man.

Like Labour don't do God, Aussie doesn't do gossip.

Don't let the f*ck*rs wind you up mate. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Back on topic, I'm pleased one of my former team mates is back in football, and more importantly, on the coaching side of things.

One of Colin's achievements was keeping Walsall in the Championship against the odds, and he would have kept them there again except for the knee jerk reaction of Bonser who sacked him after applying for the Argyle job.

Then there's the little matter of one of Torquay's great escapes and the final game of the season at Barnet, and not forgetting his role in preparing the successful return to League football from non league.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Well one things for certain it proves Colin Lee is nothing but trouble!

I see by your anger Aussie that actually you do indeed care a great deal what people think of your postings. That is great and of course I do not wan't anyone to delete their account....I am not here to wind you up intentionally, but the point of a forum is to debate and as others have pointed out you need substance to have credability. It is not personal, I could have questioned many more than just you on here.

It gets to the stage that people like me just selectively read postings (south as Southampton Gull's) because at least you know for certain it is not one big ego trip

Personally I am not close to anyone at the club these days, but hear an awful lot from various business contacts I have at Exeter City, some things are so frankly embarrassing to the club, that I choose not to post, especially the era when Pual Buckle first arrived.

If your inside knowledge does not cause embarrassemnt to the club or anyone within it then you should feel free to go ahead and post a few more facts to back up your status
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

MidDevon wrote:1 Well one things for certain it proves Colin Lee is nothing but trouble!

2 I see by your anger Aussie that actually you do indeed care a great deal what people think of your postings. That is great and of course I do not wan't anyone to delete their account....I am not here to wind you up intentionally, but the point of a forum is to debate and as others have pointed out you need substance to have credability. It is not personal, I could have questioned many more than just you on here.

3 It gets to the stage that people like me just selectively read postings (south as Southampton Gull's) because at least you know for certain it is not one big ego trip

Personally I am not close to anyone at the club these days, but hear an awful lot from various business contacts I have at Exeter City, some things are so frankly embarrassing to the club, that I choose not to post, especially the era when Pual Buckle first arrived.

4 If your inside knowledge does not cause embarrassemnt to the club or anyone within it then you should feel free to go ahead and post a few more facts to back up your status
1 You`ve lost me, exactly how does this prove C.L. is nothing but trouble?
2 I care what people think of my opinions and it is opinions I try to stick to unless said fact is already public knowledge!
3 I am not on here for an ego boost, just to share opinion and banter!
4 I don`t post anything unless it has already been officially released by the club unless it is my opinion! People who do know things should have the club`s best interests at heart and not their own egos, therefore they shouldn`t speak out until said news is official!

This is my perspective of how I conduct myself in the interest of the club I love, it is not about massaging my ego or bigging myself up to look like I`m some sort of know-it-all! Please don`t rely on me for info or even ask me for info because I will just be repeating myself and say " wait till the official announcement from the club is on the official website"! Sorry to dissapoint anyone! One other thing I don`t require a status to back up, that`s why I try to only type opinion, I`m NOT a club representative just a fan and a volunteer!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Everybody knows that nothing good can ever come from anything named Colin.

Colin Lee. Colin Murray. Colin Farrell. Colin Oscopy.

Although I hear that Mr. Oscopy is a real insider.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

happytorq wrote:Everybody knows that nothing good can ever come from anything named Colin.

Colin Lee. Colin Murray. Colin Farrell. Colin Oscopy.

Although I hear that Mr. Oscopy is a real insider.
You forgot Colin Ireland!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Looks like we'll have to go through this one by one Aussie...
Aussie wrote:That`s the difference though isn`t it? You seem to think that transfer rumours are credible info, whether they are correct or incorrect I don`t and wont speculate about transfer rumours because they are just rumours, whether someone flukes one or two every now and then gives them credence does it?
Transfew rumours are very credible, when they're right. I'll take one member as an example (I won't name a name as they can get involved of their own accord). This member has made about 6 or 7 'predictions' in my time on this forum and I believe has only got one wrong. The one they got wrong had been in talks with the club but went elsewhere. I'd say that's fairly credible information, right? If someone flukes one, then great, but I wouldn't say that's credible and neither would anyone else. This is also why your one little nugget of information does not make you credible...
Aussie wrote:Anyone who is privilaged enough to know about such things shouldn`t be broadcasting them on a forum or to anyone for that matter until the deal is done! I could tell you loads of things about our club both good and not so good but it isn`t my place to do so and I don`t brag about what I know, I keep it to myself unless I am correcting an inaccuracy that is already in the public domain. Most of what I type is my opinion and not gospel club info unless, as already stated, it is already public knowledge!
I do agree with this, dependant on the information. I do believe that there are many things which should be kept within the club, and I'd imagine for the most part, they are. What shouldn't be happening is you or anyone else being told about any of it. If information needs to stay secret around the club, why would any club representitives talk to anyone outside the club about it? I think you'll find that most information that reaches your ears, reaches many other ears and is also not that important. It'll be information which wouldn't be fatal to the club if it leaked. If it is important, you should be turning around to your source and telling them they should not tell you these things.

On a side note, "I don't brag about what I know"... I'd say you've tried to make it very clear that you know quite a lot of information about the club. I'd say that's bragging to some extent, wouldn't you? ;-)
Aussie wrote:Another point, why should I have to prove anything to anyone, they can chose to believe me or not, I`m not bothered just so long as they aren`t speading things that just aren`t true.
You don't have to prove anything to anyone, quite right. But don't expect people to believe every word you say or agree with every word you say, which you have during these debates about Colin Lee. I could say I have a 25 inch d*ck and of course, no one would believe me. I can't turn around to them and say "well I've spent far more time in my pants than you have" and then expect everyone to believe me. I'd have to post the damn picture on the internet wouldn't I?

I'm afraid it's the same with insider club information, you might well know every single bit of knowledge about the goings on of Torquay United since the dawn of time, but saying you do without proving it makes you look like even more of a b*llsh*tter than if you'd just disagreed with no basis.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I'm struggling a bit to see what all the fuss is about on this one. Aussie works in a voluntary capacity for our club and as such he will hear a lot of things which he quite rightly does not pass on. Confidentiality clauses actually apply in most peoples jobs quite apart from the responsible attitude displayed by not passing on information. On this occasion Aussie sprang to the defence of a former employee of the club who clearly did do a lot for the club based on his knowledge of that man. He would have had that knowledge, and although our former employee has had some criticism about the money he got from our club he was an employee with a contract agreed by the club and as such he was entitled to and deserved what he got. Aussie was not betraying any confidences in what he said and I am sure he would not do so.

In respect of the other poster referred to but not named by Cambgull he or she was uncannily right in loads of 'predictions' about transfers and I did not think it at all right as, unless the poster is actually Nostradamus or is a better punter than Bixie, he or she must have either been employed by the club or to be very very close to somebody within the club. The last thing a manager wants or needs in the delicate nature of transfers is to have it openly talked about before the deal is done.

There will always be a bit of speculation about players coming and going, but when it is clearly true but has been leaked I do not think it is in the best interests of the club.

Anyway that's my ramble over for the weekend. I was 60 a fortnight ago so have started acting like it. Off for a lie down in a bit before writing a letter to the Prime Minister about some matters the young pup clearly does not fully understand! ;-)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

stefano wrote:
Anyway that's my ramble over for the weekend. I was 60 a fortnight ago so have started acting like it. Off for a lie down in a bit before writing a letter to the Prime Minister about some matters the young pup clearly does not fully understand! ;-)

Hasn't anyone told you ?

60 is the new 40, even though the knackered body tells you otherwise. ;-)
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

stefano wrote:I'm struggling a bit to see what all the fuss is about on this one. Aussie works in a voluntary capacity for our club and as such he will hear a lot of things which he quite rightly does not pass on. Confidentiality clauses actually apply in most peoples jobs quite apart from the responsible attitude displayed by not passing on information. On this occasion Aussie sprang to the defence of a former employee of the club who clearly did do a lot for the club based on his knowledge of that man. He would have had that knowledge, and although our former employee has had some criticism about the money he got from our club he was an employee with a contract agreed by the club and as such he was entitled to and deserved what he got. Aussie was not betraying any confidences in what he said and I am sure he would not do so.

In respect of the other poster referred to but not named by Cambgull he or she was uncannily right in loads of 'predictions' about transfers and I did not think it at all right as, unless the poster is actually Nostradamus or is a better punter than Bixie, he or she must have either been employed by the club or to be very very close to somebody within the club. The last thing a manager wants or needs in the delicate nature of transfers is to have it openly talked about before the deal is done.

There will always be a bit of speculation about players coming and going, but when it is clearly true but has been leaked I do not think it is in the best interests of the club.

Could you narrow it down a bit further? That is an awfully big number! :bow:
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Richinns wrote: You forgot Colin Ireland!

fortunately died in prison this week........

and if anyone says you cant say that - yes i can - he murdered people and really should have been hung, which, in

all honesty would have been too good for him.

as for you aussie, just carry on posting - it is a f***ing forum for gods sake.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
as for you aussie, just carry on posting - it is a f***ing forum for gods sake.
Ahh, so now you have found that part of the site.

That's it now then, all the bloody women are gonna leave....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Ahh, so now you have found that part of the site.

That's it now then, all the bloody women are gonna leave....

see ya then scotty......lets hope you are the only one then.......... 8/ =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

What is a forum?

It's two-um plus two-um.

I'll get my coat.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...