Use of the loan market.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ferrarilover - footballs all about a game of opinions but I sometimes wonder if you actually watch the games. Easton has been absolutely terrible in my view in both the home matches I have seen. Lightweight, can't tackle - in fact I don't really know what he offers to the team at all.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Easton was anonymous the other night. It really showed out Lathropes work and how well he does it though, it's a peculiar role but he plays it excellently.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I saw Easton play at Exeter in the PSF and thought he was excellant and on that night Lathrope was terrible. I was not there Tuesday but everybody has bad games soIi am not worried and am confident he will do a good job filling in for Damon.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Richinns wrote:Matt - I am pretty sure the person involved paid the price for her mistake and no longer works for the club. This is very much in the past and to be honest your derogatory comment made towards her are uncalled for at any time in this episode.
I know it is said a bit tongue in cheek but sometimes please just think before posting as although I enjoy many of your ramblings - they can on occasions cross the line (as is the case here).

Agree. Cut it out Matt. It's totally disrespectfull, not at all funny. :@ :@ :@
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

brucie wrote:Downes and Saah at the back looks solid enough behind Poke.
That's a strange defensive set up we have this year... :na:
diamondgirl wrote:Agree. Cut it out Matt. It's totally disrespectfull, not at all funny. :@ :@ :@
At least use his full name, that's what mums are meant to do, aren't they?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:Ferrarilover - footballs all about a game of opinions but I sometimes wonder if you actually watch the games. Easton has been absolutely terrible in my view in both the home matches I have seen. Lightweight, can't tackle - in fact I don't really know what he offers to the team at all.
Except in your case, where you just swap and change your opinions to differ from anyone else's. I see now you're favouring Jarvis (funny old thing, since in the post immediately before your last, I suggested Jarvo might not be all that brilliant) despite having lambasted him repeatedly as being useless.

You're a terribly dull wind up merchant. At least when I say things to spark debate (which isn't all the bloody time) there's some variety to it. Yours is just monotonous shit designed to antagonise and annoy and generally make the internet a slightly less pleasant place for everyone else.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie wrote:I have not been Lathrope's greatest fan but he played really well on Tuesday and was a big miss when he went off. If we are relying on Easton though we are really in the sh*t.So far our big players are peforming well I would say. Howe is peforming well. Downes and Saah at the back looks solid enough behind Poke. Bodin looked a right handful on Tuesday night - thats the best I have seen him play.
The ongoing problem seems to be that we lack any real options though.
A midfield containing Mansell,Morris and Easton doesn't seem anything like good enough and with Easton and the youngster playing against Rochdale we look a couple of players short in my view.
Personally I would play Jarvis with Bodin and Howe as he has looked pretty sharp when he has come on as sub.
Hanging on for a 1-0 just isn't going to work because only Mansell looks remotely able to tackle anyone in midfield.
:goodpost:
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Will be interesting to see if Ling goes in for a CB on loan now. He's been very vocal in wanting to give our youngsters a chance (quite rightly) but is he prepared to give young Mackenzie a chance at CB?

In my view CB is a very different position compared to the winger position Ling trusted Thompson with. If you make a mistake on the wing, it just means you lose posession. If you make an error at CB it normally costs you a goal.

I open the floor to you, good people, would you give Mackenzie a chance? Or would you dip your toes into the loan market?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Certainly wouldnt loan. Its only one match suspension. Play Cruise in there and if he doesnt do too well then next time a CBis out we'll know
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

I think we need an extra CB to cover anyway, so I'd go in for one on loan. Maybe give Cruise/MacKenzie the chance this weekend but they've both had limited football in the last year or so.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

No brainer for me, we need another centre half anyway whether that is on loan or a permanent addition remains to be seen, but as posted above there is a big difference between giving a young centre half his league debut in an away game at Port Vale and a pacy young winger his home debut against Rochdale. Whilst I think that young Kirtys coud well have a bright future ahead of him, I would prefer to see a more experienced centre back brought in for the next game.

As for Tom Cruise, the very fact that he ended up playing at Right Back rather than Centre Half ... Joe Oastler ended up filling in there today .. would confirm to me that Lingy no longer sees him as viable option at Centre Back and so, for me at least, two experienced centre backs (Saah and Downes) and just one rookie (McKenzie) is not enough, we need another, preferably experienced, one in the squad.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Thing is CP, not many experienced centre backs will be happy to sit on the bench. Even that young lad from Reading last season (Mcdonald?) didn't want to sit on our bench. And once Downes comes back I'd prefer one of our youngsters on the bench than another club's youngster.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

So who do you think he will stick on the bench next week if Mackenzie starts alongside Brian ?
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

In this scenario, Cruise would be on the bench as the defender, and if he was needed you'd move Oastler to CB, as Ling seems to prefer that.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I expect to see 1 in this week on loan, if not then I would have though cruise would have been the better choice as the CB- like I did yesterday but clearly ling doesn't.

If no one comes in and Stevens is still out then expect to see youth teamer Sullivan on the bench with cruise starting.