Elliot Benyon?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

austrianandygull wrote: I'm not a cow but if i was i'd be a lovely Jersey, ripe for milking! :lol:
If you have ever seen a Jersey cow you will never have said that.

Guernsey cows meanwhile..... :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

This is a Jersey cow ;-)
Attachments
1289875749_ugliest-woman-in-the-world.jpg

STIP
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Not even a bag from Exeter will look good over that head.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:6th choice striker at Southend! Surely worth a loan punt?
Even further down the pecking order at Southend now as they have just signed (yet another!) striker - Lavery on loan from Sheffield Wednesday. Talk about an embarrassment of riches, that's 8 (EIGHT) strikers they have on their books by my reckoning with loanees Asombalonga and now Lavery added to the existing roster of Tomlin, Harris, Eastwood, Corr, Njie and of course Benyon. Is it any wonder clubs get into financial difficulties? That is simply being greedy!

I see Benners had a recent run out in the JPT and indeed scored the winning penalty, but even this piece suggests he might need to go out on loan to get more games ... and that was before they added yet another striker!

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/ ... nd_United/

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him move out on loan before the window closes ......
lankyben
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by lankyben »

please say this doesn't kick start the old debate again. the guy is woeful now.he is a tesco value version of the tinpot monstrosity that is pippo inzaghi. they were both born offside.

interesting to see if Gills get tomlin or pope goes to peterborough
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

lankyben wrote:please say this doesn't kick start the old debate again. the guy is woeful now.he is a tesco value version of the tinpot monstrosity that is pippo inzaghi. they were both born offside.

This joker again!

You need educating on the function of the 'Shift' key before anybody will take you seriously!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

lankyben wrote:please say this doesn't kick start the old debate again. the guy is woeful now.he is a tesco value version of the tinpot monstrosity that is pippo inzaghi. they were both born offside.

Weren't you advocating the return of Chris McPhee the other day?!

STIP
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

IMHO I reckon EB would do a good job, alongside the Tank.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

With all due respect Ben, the majority of what you've posted whilst being on this forum has been absolute drivel. Benyon is woeful and Tesco value? Says the person who wants McPhee back at Torquay? That argument finishes here.

As for another Torquay career for Benners, I think that it'll be a great loan deal! Quick, skilful and would work off Howe really well. I think Jarvis should still keep his spot and do a good job for us, but I would be happy seeing Benyon back.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

We all know Benners is a good finisher, he was often played as a lone front man which we all know did not suit him, him up top with Rene feeding, yes please, go on Lingy have a word with Luggy and bring the lad home.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Can't see this happening. Ling's after a big man to cover Jarvis, we have plenty of players to do the 'poacher' role; Jarvis, Yeoman, Bodin.

I don't think it'd be a bad move, though I was never his biggest fan last time and he's done absolutely nothing since then. I think I'd prefer Logan...
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Could we afford him?
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Er No !!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes we could, he is currently 7th choice striker. Does anyone really think Benners would hold out for £2k a week ? And turn down the chance to play first team football again on a little less than that, for a club where he was clearly happy.

But of course Nick is right, not the type of player Lingy is in the market for at the moment, I am thinking more of the summer. Nick quick question you say you would prefer Logan. Have you hit the bottle ? ... :)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just to add, must admit all this continued talk about us being skint and potless is starting to bug me some what. If Nicks post is right and really are spending £300k on the training ground couple that with the club saying they would be quite happy to spend £600k on a plastic pitch is quite bizzare for a club that is barely surviving, can someone from the club forward me the phone number of there accountant he seems to have magical powers.

Agreed a lot of money did need to be spent on the clubs infrustructure but enough is enough now, we can do all that and not find £10k for a player, we are very much in danger of becoming a club "with all the gear, and no idea"