Torquay vs Wimbledon 1/1/13 15:00 (new years day)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Bill Phillips has in the last few minutes been on Radio Devon and relying on the future weather forecast for this adernoon and tomorrow reckons the game will be on.

Who's up for watching hoofball in a mudbath ?

:-/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/tq1

:nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Well if it is on the pitch won't suit our slick fast passing game so won't be disappointed if its called off, plus I can head back to Basingstoke early :)
TUST MEMBER
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Neal wrote:Well if it is on the pitch won't suit our slick fast passing game so won't be disappointed if its called off, plus I can head back to Basingstoke early :)
Why would anybody be happy about going to Basingstoke ever, never mind early? :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Hoping this is on - not because I'm going or anything, but mainly because Wimbledon have been stripped of their first choice Central Defensive partnership.

Antwi (suspended) and Mambo (recalled from loan and shipped off to Shrewsbury) are out, Mat Mitchell-King and Pim Balkestein will be in. Last 2 starts together, 2-6 against Burton and 1-5 against Bradford (both games in which Gus McD played in but we'll overlook that!).

Bottom of the table, poor form, potentially porous defense - no better time to play them
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Jeff wrote:Hoping this is on - not because I'm going or anything, but mainly because Wimbledon have been stripped of their first choice Central Defensive partnership.

Antwi (suspended) and Mambo (recalled from loan and shipped off to Shrewsbury) are out, Mat Mitchell-King and Pim Balkestein will be in. Last 2 starts together, 2-6 against Burton and 1-5 against Bradford (both games in which Gus McD played in but we'll overlook that!).

Bottom of the table, poor form, potentially porous defense - no better time to play them
It'll be a draw, then..!!
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Suprised how reasonable their away form is given their league position:
W2,L2,D2, GF8,GA8. Not as shabby as you might hope.
Couple of defenders down maybe just what we need on a wet muddy wicket to get a result.
Let's hope the lads stuck to their 4-5-1 formation tonight( 4 tins of Irn Bru, 5 packs of Twiglets and a glass of bubbly with Big Ben) and are all raring to go tomorrow as we start the run in for the play offs...
Happy New Year
COYY
:scarf:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Woke up to a beautiful sunny blue sky, not a cloud to be seen !! This has got to be a good omen. Feel we are going to win and win well.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Yep, same up here in Oxfordshire. Can't make it down to Plainmooor but I am trying to get out somewhere to watch a game. I have us down for 3 - 0 today!! Oxford v Cheltenham is just down the road but ??? No!!!!! Launton Sports v Marston Saints might be worth a look and you can get a beer or three in the club there as well as watch Sky footy as well. Anyway, COYYS!! keep ahead of those other yellows down the road at the Kassam. :keepie:
Oblivion!!!!
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Jeff wrote:Hoping this is on - not because I'm going or anything, but mainly because Wimbledon have been stripped of their first choice Central Defensive partnership.

Isn't Pim their number 1? (cocktail joke, most of you younger ones won't get it :clap: :lol:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

wodger of awabia wrote:Isn't Pim their number 1? (cocktail joke, most of you younger ones won't get it :clap: :lol:
:slap:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Huh have I missed something here, came on to make a quick post and nobodys done a match day thread.It seems we might be with out AustrianAndy for a while so anyone with the time and humour that Andy has please feel free.

I dont have the time right now to a real introduction so disscuss away..must win for me, please lets get at them and have a go..2.1 gulls.
Formerly known as forevertufc
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

The New Years Day thread has acted as a match day thread.

Team will be Poke, Oastler, MacDonald, Downes, Nico, Easton, Mansell, Craig, Stevens, Yeoman, Howe.

And we will win comfortably, Yeoman with a goal.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

JamieE wrote:The New Years Day thread has acted as a match day thread.

Team will be Poke, Oastler, MacDonald, Downes, Nico, Easton, Mansell, Craig, Stevens, Yeoman, Howe.

And we will win comfortably, Yeoman with a goal.
Unlikely Manse will be fit so soon?

Great news that Thompson is fit - the option to start him and put Craig in the middle (with Easton or Lathrope) and Danny on the left

No Billy today so again numbers are a little short. Wonder if Yeoman starts whether Dan Sully will get a spot on the bench?

EDIT - just read Manse is fit! Likely Yeoman will come in for Billy and Thompson will be utilised from the bench but wonder if Craig's talents are wasted out wide.
Last edited by Richinns on 01 Jan 2013, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Chuffed to bits that Yeoman has been given an opportunity, albeit a bit of a forced hand to Lingy to be honest, what with our rediculous injury list and tiny squad!! Hope he'll have a chance to shine!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

3-0 today i fancy, howe 2 stevens, 2214 there
still keeping the faith