New Chairman/Chairwoman - Thea Bristow

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Richinns wrote: Probably because Simon is tired and stressed of taking all the sh1t!
you mean talking all the sh*t................
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: you mean talking all the sh*t................
No I mean taking sh1t - off people like you!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

The only thing I can really see as a possibility is that the board decided to do something with which he fundamentally disagreed and he didn't want to be the public face of that decision.
TUST member 203
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Richinns wrote: No I mean taking sh1t - off people like you!
if he couldnt hack it rich, he shouldnt have took the position.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Something about this starts alarm bells ringing for me. Why now and why Thea? Do not get me wrong - I am very grateful for everything her and her Family and her late husband have done for our club but is she the leader and decision maker many on here are claiming Simon was not?

With three games left it seems bizarre. I hope my initial worrying proves to be incorrect but currently this whole episode does not look good and is there something going on behind the scenes which could be far more disastrous than even relegation?
TUST member 328
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Richinns wrote:Something about this starts alarm bells ringing for me. Why now and why Thea? Do not get me wrong - I am very grateful for everything her and her Family and her late husband have done for our club but is she the leader and decision maker many on here are claiming Simon was not?

With three games left it seems bizarre. I hope my initial worrying proves to be incorrect but currently this whole episode does not look good and is there something going on behind the scenes which could be far more disastrous than even relegation?
could be the opposite rich........

TUST Member 468

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:if he couldnt hack it rich, he shouldnt have took the position.
Not accusing you personally, as you have not been party to this, but some of the personal things said on here are nothing short of bullying. If (which I am sure it is) this sort of vulgar behaviour is repeated to his face at matches then he should not have to hack it - no one should.

He took the role because he loves the club and thought he could help move us forward whilst putting sustainability at its core. Questions can be asked of him and the board in their pro-activeness in the current season but we must remember they needed to be made in bizarre and confusing circumstances. Personal attacks, however, are just simply not justified as at the end of the day he is exactly like all of us on here - a fan who loves the club.
TUST member 328
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: could be the opposite rich........
I either hope you know something I don't or your positivity bares fruit! :)
TUST member 328
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Obviously none of us have any real understanding of why this decision has been made. But it fills me with dread. Understand a change at the top is probably a good thing for all concerned. But 3 games before the end of the season!? The timing is bizarre. And added to that, we now have a chair(person/woman?) who by her own admission doesn't really understand that side of the game. On who's insistence was this decision made? All very...amatuer.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Fonda wrote:Obviously none of us have any real understanding of why this decision has been made. But it fills me with dread. Understand a change at the top is probably a good thing for all concerned. But 3 games before the end of the season!? The timing is bizarre. And added to that, we now have a chair(person/woman?) who by her own admission doesn't really understand that side of the game. On who's insistence was this decision made? All very...amatuer.
This is what I said only worded better!
TUST member 328
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Richinns wrote:Not accusing you personally, as you have not been party to this, but some of the personal things said on here are nothing short of bullying. If (which I am sure it is) this sort of vulgar behaviour is repeated to his face at matches then he should not have to hack it - no one should.

He took the role because he loves the club and thought he could help move us forward whilst putting sustainability at its core. Questions can be asked of him and the board in their pro-activeness in the current season but we must remember they needed to be made in bizarre and confusing circumstances. Personal attacks, however, are just simply not justified as at the end of the day he is exactly like all of us on here - a fan who loves the club.
nothing personal or bullying rich - its business.
and in business - any business if you cant do the job then you should either a) not take it or b) leave.
been there myself rich. the other thing is, not to let your heart rule your head.

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Fonda wrote:Obviously none of us have any real understanding of why this decision has been made. But it fills me with dread. Understand a change at the top is probably a good thing for all concerned. But 3 games before the end of the season!? The timing is bizarre. And added to that, we now have a chair(person/woman?) who by her own admission doesn't really understand that side of the game. On who's insistence was this decision made? All very...amatuer.
err you mean TUFC mate.

TUST Member 468

divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

I think the club needs to give serious consideration to providing some explanation of this turn of events. Yes, it could all be very innocent and unremarkable, but people are quite reasonably reading doom and gloom into this.
TUST member 203
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

"I hate Simon Baker, he's the worst Chairman ever"
"TUFC are a joke, employing that Simon Baker"

News just in, Simon Baker replaced as Chairman.

"I hate TUFC, can't do anything right."

Make up your minds, either SB is so hopeless that he needs replacing as Chairman, or he's good enough to lead us through our current predicament. You can't have it both ways.

again, the fanbase gets what it wants (Baker replaced) and uses the decision as a stick with which to beat the club.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:"I hate Simon Baker, he's the worst Chairman ever"
"TUFC are a joke, employing that Simon Baker"

News just in, Simon Baker replaced as Chairman.

"I hate TUFC, can't do anything right."

Make up your minds, either SB is so hopeless that he needs replacing as Chairman, or he's good enough to lead us through our current predicament. You can't have it both ways.

again, the fanbase gets what it wants (Baker replaced) and uses the decision as a stick with which to beat the club.

Matt.
Not all of us wanted Simon to go Matt. As I have said earlier I think he is an easy target who has only ever had the best intention for the club as his agenda. He has made mistakes this season but who hasn't?

I am glad he is staying associated with the club and that he remains on the board and I hope he has a more welcoming environment surrounding him for future matches.
TUST member 328