Alan Knill - Thank you

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Seems neither were being paid by us which makes it even a bigger thank you. Without them I honestly think we would have been dead weeks ago. It seems as Ling and Taylor will be in place next season so I really hope these guys find themselves decent employment as they have very much earned it.

Thank you Alan and Chris and I wish you all the best for the future.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Richinns wrote:Seems neither were being paid by us which makes it even a bigger thank you. Without them I honestly think we would have been dead weeks ago. It seems as Ling and Taylor will be in place next season so I really hope these guys find themselves decent employment as they have very much earned it.

Thank you Alan and Chris and I wish you all the best for the future.
They kept us up for free??

Wow! They deserve a bloody statue!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Sorry if you have seen my post on the other thread.
It seems Alan Knill and Chris Brass have done this job for nothing. If the club cannot afford to pay them or offer them anything in the end. Maybe we should put our money where our mouth is and make a collection for the pair. It is the least we can do.
How many would do what those two have done. If we offer nothing but thanks then I for one would feel that it a very hollow gesture.
I will gladly chip in. They deserve it.
Come on you lot. Put your hands in your pockets.
Without Alan and Chris, we would have been in the Blue Square next season.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

The Knill and Brass story is starting to sound like something from the old testament.
I had no idea they were not getting a salary - this is almost as bizarre as Bryn the police dog.
From the article on the BBC it sounds like they are having a weeks holiday locally, I do hope that the club did the decent thing and covered this expense and some in light of the revenuse saved if we had only 50pts.
My faith in mankind is restored knowing what these two good men did for us all, and it sounds like they enjoyed themselves into the bargain.
I still have some Johnny Nash I could post over if there is a whip round.
Magnificent
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Is this fact that they were not being paid or just rumour. I find it hard to believe to be honest.
TUST MEMBER
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Neal wrote:Is this fact that they were not being paid or just rumour. I find it hard to believe to be honest.
They were not being paid. All they were given were their expenses. And that's straight from the mouth of Simon Baker.
TUST member 203
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Neal wrote:Is this fact that they were not being paid or just rumour. I find it hard to believe to be honest.
Simon Baker stated on his interview with BBC after Saturday`s game that Alan Knill came down and worked really hard and didn`t take any payment from the club other than his expenses. There was no mention of Brass doing the same although someone on here indicated that a few weeks ago. Interestingly that part of the interview wasn`t shown on late kick off.

See Simon`s interview on the link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22330256

I would just like to add my thanks for what Knill has done. It wasn`t a fantastic turnaround but given the state of things when he came in I think he did a good job.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Simon Baker confirmed that Knill was working on an expenses only basis in a post match (BRFC) interview on Saturday.

As for Brass, it seems that he has been working on the same basis, although this is based on what a poster on here had been told by the man himself a couple of weeks back, which now given the confirmation that Knill was working without a wage seems to be spot on. It always seemed unlikely to me that we would employ, or more pertinently pay, for another Assistant Manager when we already had one in Shaun Taylor.

Personally, I can see the benefit to both parties. TUFC get all that experience for nothing (other than expenses) while still having to pay Martin Ling whilst he was on sick leave.

As for Knill and Brass, whatever happens now, I am sure they won't regret giving a couple of months of wages up for the chance to work in football, in jobs they clearly love, rather than sitting around doing nothing. At the end of the day, they have both got a relegation saving job completed at TUFC on their CVs and it may well either end up with them getting the job(s) on a permanent basis here at TUFC or if not elsewhere.

Job done.
Paul John
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by Paul John »

It was I that posted re: Brass for nothing! He did say at the time had been offered two jobs which he had put on back burner until he had kept Torquay safe and that both clubs were prepared to wait for him as he wanted to give something back to Torquay as they had given him his league debut. Both clubs respected his reasons and he probably has an even tougher call to make right now! Hope you can keep him results definitely picked up at Bury when he became assistant to Alan and work ethic and desire within the team! Looks like the same happened with you guys!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

would be interested to know which two clubs?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Paul John
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by Paul John »

One is a premiership the other championship who he was working at prior to joining back up with Knill. He wouldn't tell me which club or what capacity I did ask!! Players at Bury really rated him!