Rene off

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Just p**s off Rene. You've held the club to ransom for far too long. Your contract has been on the table since December. You obviously have no intention"s of signing it. So just go now and give us a chance to get a replacement in, before we have to settle for the leftovers that no body else wants. Starting to get very angry with mr Howe now. :@
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

diamondgirl wrote:Just p**s off Rene. You've held the club to ransom for far too long. Your contract has been on the table since December. You obviously have no intention"s of signing it. So just go now and give us a chance to get a replacement in, before we have to settle for the leftovers that no body else wants. Starting to get very angry with mr Howe now. :@

Stop being ridiculous!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think Rene is seeing which options come up and hoping there will be one he is looking for. We are all assuming that Rene is wanted enough by other clubs to pay him the money he wants, if no club is willing to meet his demands and he wishes to accept our contract offer THEN we should tell him to p*ss off and then tell him to f*ck off too for good measure. If he wanted to stay at Torquay then diamondgirl is correct, he could have signed already and i'm sure he would have got more cash than he's on now. The fact that he hasn't signed means he thinks he's too good for us and can get better offers elsewhere. I hope he can for his sake as i don't want him to re-sign for us regardless. He actions show he has shunned TUFC.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufcfans
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan!

Post by tufcfans »

I'm going to try and defend Rene here and his decision to wait on other offers. Rene, obviously now with a family, wants the best for himself and his family in all terms, and this includes financially. And in order to get the best that he can he has to bide his time and see if anyone offers him a more attractive contract. I don't want to get into the whole argument of footballer's wages, but wouldn't everyone in this situation do the same? He has been at United for two seasons now and as much as we would all hope he has, he won't have become the biggest TUFC fan in the world who would do all he can to stay here. He's in the prime of his career and you have to give him credit for aspiring for greater things. I mean, I love Torquay, but if I was a footballer, and top scorer for a team like Wycombe (chosen as a random League 2 club I have no association with) and my contract was up I would be looking for a move upwards. I don't think its disrespectful I just think he's put himself first which in all honesty is probably a good thing!
Torquay United Online Newspaper (Torquay United Fans Daily) http://www.paper.li/TUFCFANS/1309719474 and other online newspapers here: http://paper.li/~/publisher/674697#
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

:goodpost:

It is still only May and hardly any players across the country have committed to signing new contracts with their clubs. I cant understand all this vitriol towards Rene, he is just doing what any one of us would do in his position. He owes us no loyalty the same as we owed none to the players we released. He did a good job for us and so now can command the reward for that.
I sincerely hope he stays but if not I will wish him well and we will move on to support a new hero.
Tust member 191
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

tufcfans wrote:I'm going to try and defend Rene here and his decision to wait on other offers. Rene, obviously now with a family, wants the best for himself and his family in all terms, and this includes financially. And in order to get the best that he can he has to bide his time and see if anyone offers him a more attractive contract. I don't want to get into the whole argument of footballer's wages, but wouldn't everyone in this situation do the same? He has been at United for two seasons now and as much as we would all hope he has, he won't have become the biggest TUFC fan in the world who would do all he can to stay here. He's in the prime of his career and you have to give him credit for aspiring for greater things. I mean, I love Torquay, but if I was a footballer, and top scorer for a team like Wycombe (chosen as a random League 2 club I have no association with) and my contract was up I would be looking for a move upwards. I don't think its disrespectful I just think he's put himself first which in all honesty is probably a good thing!
I have said this in my post and said it is what any reasonable person would expect but to then turn round to us if such acceptable other offers aren't forthcoming and expect to re-sign for us isn't acceptable. That's all i'm saying. If it were me and i had settled and had a family and was able to squeeze a bit more out of Torquay when negotiations took place then i'd be extremely happy and extremely grateful for the opportunity. Obviously as he has NOT signed then he either is unhappy in the area and wants to leave, he wants more money which we won't give him or he wants to sign for a bigger club to further his career ambitions in all cases all it takes is for him to COME OUT AND F*CKING SAY SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :@ so we can move on and forget about him. I don't understand the indecision of some players, it's not as if he's under contract, all he is doing is using us as back up incase everything goes t*ts up in the summer and he's left without a club. On that basis we'd be insane to give him another contract as he clearly isn't bothered about us. I wish people would just do the honest and decent thing, make their frigging minds up and state their intentions instead of playing silly buggers all the time, it's f*cking annoying.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

What i am saying in simplistic terms is the very fact that he is courting offers means that he doesn't want to play for us anymore otherwise he would have already signed. Therefore on that premise i don't want him back. I don't blame him for looking at other offers but he should tell us he is off and then sort himself out and not use us as security incase it all goes wrong.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

the bottom line is if he wanted to stay, he would have signed by now.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

My God! That's even simpler than MY explanation!

but entirely correct. :~D
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

At the end of the day we have made him a perfectly good offer which would have made him our highest earner but I'm sad to say Rene has become a mercenary !!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

hector wrote:

Stop being ridiculous!
What's ridiculous about it?

Rene isn't going to be a TUFC player next year. Why is he still hanging around the place? We have an excellent opportunity to get ahead of the game for a change and sign up some players nice and early. What Rene is doing is just mincing around, getting in the way. His 9 proper goals will hardly be challenging to replace, but it might be nice to get a jump on the opposition while we have the chance.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

supergulls wrote:At the end of the day we have made him a perfectly good offer which would have made him our highest earner but I'm sad to say Rene has become a mercenary !!
haha of course he has
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

tufcfans wrote:I'm going to try and defend Rene here and his decision to wait on other offers. Rene, obviously now with a family, wants the best for himself and his family in all terms, and this includes financially. And in order to get the best that he can he has to bide his time and see if anyone offers him a more attractive contract. I don't want to get into the whole argument of footballer's wages, but wouldn't everyone in this situation do the same? He has been at United for two seasons now and as much as we would all hope he has, he won't have become the biggest TUFC fan in the world who would do all he can to stay here. He's in the prime of his career and you have to give him credit for aspiring for greater things. I mean, I love Torquay, but if I was a footballer, and top scorer for a team like Wycombe (chosen as a random League 2 club I have no association with) and my contract was up I would be looking for a move upwards. I don't think its disrespectful I just think he's put himself first which in all honesty is probably a good thing!

Understand what you are saying, tufcfans, but is going to anothert L2 club a "Move upwards". It's just so annoying that he has messed about for so long. I DO think this is disrespectful. He is behaving like a mercenary. "I'm only doing it for the money" (OK I guess thats why most of us go to work ) "if I can get another club to pay me more than TUFC then I will sell my services to them. If not, then I will allow TUFC to pay my, "not what I am worth but the best I can do", wages.

You only have to look at his record, 10 clubs in 10 years (And that includes 2 years at TUFC). I would have thought that with a very young family, and the fact that he likes the area, his best bet would be to remain settled. Lets face it, he knows that he is going to play every week (Apart from the weeks that he is banned) with us. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

All this, of course, is IMHO. It's what I think, and I dont expect/require others to agree. :~D
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

He is still under contract, he has an offer from TUFC (a bloody good one all things considering) but he's keeping his options open and listening to what other clubs have to offer. The same as we do when we are looking for insurance/tv companies and all the rest of it. How often do you take the first offer?

Rene is in his mid 20's, been a consistent goalscorer in this league for a couple of years and now has a family. He needs to do what's best for him and them, nobody in football's ambition is to play for Torquay for 10 years, Rene is no different to Eunan, Ellis, Benyon, Ward, Olejnik and the countless others before him who have come here needing to rebuild or kickstart their career, done well and looking for the bigger prize.

don't understand why some of you over react so hilariously as though you've come home and found the Tank hanging out of your mrs. It's football and the natural course of the football food chain, we can't keep good players, never have, never will.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

No, what we're saying is that if he knows he wants to go then just come out and say so without all this protracted bullsh*t. It's simple really ask him if he wants to accept the offer and he says yes or no. How f*cking hard can it be? Regardless of where he goes next the reason he hasn't signed is BECAUSE he wants to go so i don't want TUFC to be a security blanket incase he doesn't get the offers he wants and then decides to re-sign for us face being unemployed. Rene, you can go mate, we all thank you for service and we accept you cannot be here for the rest of your career but just tell us so that we can move on and Alan can get on with his job. You are Rene Howe not Lionel Messi, i think there is a good chance that the club will go on without you so don't worry yourself.