New Strikers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

He banged in 47 goals in 112 full appearances for Carlisle, he then moved to Preston who were then a solid championship side and struggled which was no surprise scoring 3 in 20 full appearances. After unsuccessful brief loan spells at Northampton and Colchester he joined Notts County where his career regressed only notching 5 goals in 41 full appearances before joining Scunny last summer and scoring 11 goals in 37 full appearances in league 1 and in a struggling team, some time was spent under Knill.

Considering Rene Howe did p*ss all at loads of clubs before he joined us and last season got 16 goals, some of them penalties at a league below and everyone now thinks the sun shines out of his ringpiece then i'd say that Hawley has shown last season that he could be on his way back to something like his best and a new challenge at a new club under Knill could see him rejuvenated and settled and get us some goals.

Why do you pass possible player suggestions off as laughable when you haven't looked at the whole picture. Hawley's profile fits exactly into our framework of finding strikers who were once good and are now crap before us making them good again or strikers who have had problems and we take a punt and it pays off. I'd have him at Plainmoor at least for a season (he is 31)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

ROADRUNNER wrote:he is waiting on replies from two strikers, dont know who they are yet.
Of course you don't, it isn't on the BBC website yet. :devil:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Has anyone mentioned Charlie Sheringham yet?

Matt.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Matt in "Lets ridicule Roadrunner's post" shocker :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

you really are a tw-t ferrari, i didnt see downes is to sign on bbc mate or brass and they are signing , crawl back under your stone .
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

Would be very happy with a player like Hawley. May have lost his way recently so TUFC is the perfect place to get back on track as we have proved for other players time and again. I see Lasbadee (sic) has been offered a new contract by County, maybe a season long loan? Those 2 would be fantastic.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i hear we are trying to get chappel back as well
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Just read in the herald that saah could be off to Cheltenham
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Now now lads it's just a bit of friendly transfer banter!

I would have thought Hawley would be a bit beyond us to be honest.

I'm more worried by the ominous silence from the Elliot Benyon camp. Although I'm not his biggest fan I'd definitely want him back on our books as a happy-go-lucky goal poacher.

Also, where did that chap go from our boards that kept harping on about Kieffer-Moore? I miss him.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

Im still here steve. Unfortunately weve missed the boat massively with keiffer and he is currently considering offers from multiple championship sides and atleast 1 premiership side. Saw him a few weeks ago told me torquay had never been in contract although exeter had but he wouldnt sign for them. Closest he came to signing for anybody was bristol rovers until mcghee left and it all cooled from them. He has had a weeks trial with Charlton before the end of the season and they have said they will offer him something, and he has also had contact from west ham. he told me he would like to join a big club and learn in the u21 leagues before possibly stepping down to play first team football.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

With the most excitement being that we have signed Tom Cruise the RR and FL saga is far more entertaining.
I have heard a rumour Knill is trying to sign somebody but keep it to yourself.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

well brucie im sure matt will be out from under his stone later to tell me that im spouting rubbish.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

i reckon its about time teeboo made a return to take over the roadrunners mantle and as everybody knows teeboo hasnt been wrong yet oh and p s stop the bickering chaps and get a room we are all lovers not fighters
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Welcome back Teeboo, I'm glad someone with a sense of humour has returned to the site. Turn over this RoadRunner clown ( :na: ) and give us some spark of hope in regards to signing Manset.

Matt.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

teeboo100 wrote:i reckon its about time teeboo made a return to take over the roadrunners mantle and as everybody knows teeboo hasnt been wrong yet oh and p s stop the bickering chaps and get a room we are all lovers not fighters
So have you anything to tell us other than that then?

Cannot be wrong by not saying anything teeboo!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/