2 more tomorrow??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Yes - you are quite right Jerry.

He is no taller than Benyon but if we play to the strengths of the attackers which are on the pitch (like Shane has said) it is not that important.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

I just like that we have pace out wide and some strength through the middle. We have a good mixture of experience and pace in the team. We have good height, and we will be a danger from all angles set pieces/ counter attack/ long ball etc.

I am very happy with this and we have to see how we get on , on Saturday although the first game of the season is never a good indicator as to how good you are going to be.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

:whistle: :whistle: This is rapidly becoming a chicks thread where size matters! :whistle: :whistle:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Told you all about Hawley weeks and weeks ago and I was guffawed at! Now I feel great!! :clap: :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I did live up near Carlisle for a bit and watched Hawley play when he was on fire, anything back to that and we're in serious f*cking business!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

well done andy, two good signings from ak, now will people stop panicking. :bow:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

has he definitely signed then and who is the other signing?
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

guess that puts an end to our summer dealings? very happy with our lot, no bad signings!
The gulls are going up
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

gullno4 wrote:guess that puts an end to our summer dealings? very happy with our lot, no bad signings!
Most probably although we will have to see if there is still something left over for young Deaman. Must admit (being greedy, maybe) but I would have loved to have seen Mozika added to our squad and give real competition for places ALL over the park ..... maybe if we pull a big one in the Cup(s) ... here's hoping eh!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just seen the link now. Well pleased AND.........................

I PREDICTED KARL HAWLEY AT THE END OF MAY ON THE PLAYERS TO BRING IN THREAD!!!!! I'M SPARTACUS!!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I, too, am happy with this close-season's signings. At the risk of repeating myself (my previous contribution was deleted), I think this could possibly be a promotion side thanks to the additions of Hawley and Ball.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I am more excited about the capture on Ball than Hawley (if they both end up being confirmed). Don't get me wrong - I am pleased and think Hawley will play a big part but I suspect Ball will be first choice most of the time and it will be between Hawley/Benyon and Yeoman for the other starting place.
Last edited by Richinns on 01 Aug 2013, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Just seen the link now. Well pleased AND.........................

I PREDICTED KARL HAWLEY AT THE END OF MAY ON THE PLAYERS TO BRING IN THREAD!!!!! I'M SPARTACUS!!
Would you like a Jim'll Fix it Badge or Esther Rantzen Heart of Gold perhaps? or maybe a Blankety Blank chequebook and pen?
bigleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bigleigh »

I've just seen Callum Ball arrive at Plainmoor in the last hour, I was there picking up a new shirt.
Just need Karl Hawley to turn up and I think we've a decent squad to start the season with.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Neither, just having a happy day. We should all try and aim for more of them. I'd take the Crystal Maze trophy though, always wanted one of those.