Torquay United v Plymouth Argyle - 26/11/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

is there some slagging of steve breed going on here again i here he buys very nice Christmas cards
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, you heard wrong then

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teeboo100 »

right ile tell him thats you off the xmas card list mr scott hes a very vindictive man is our mr breed
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I know that - I've heard his commentary

:P

STIP
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teeboo100 »

lol crickey he isnt that bad some people on here i think want to burn the poor bugger at the stake anyway its your turn soon scott fancy hearing you dulcit tones on radio devon
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

teeboo100 wrote:lol crickey he isnt that bad some people on here i think want to burn the poor bugger at the stake anyway its your turn soon scott fancy hearing you dulcit tones on radio devon

STIP
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Not looking forward to listening to us getting spanked tonight. I do hope for a miracle win and make it a happy Thanksgiving.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I love all the 'woe is me' on here about people having to drive "100 mile round trips" to get to games, as if it's 1870 and 50 miles is anything resembling an arduous task. I do 60 miles a day to school and back and it's a 25 mile trip if I want groceries beyond a pint of milk.

Last year, I did about 18,000 miles following Torquay and that doesn't come close to being a 'personal best', or matching the effort of some others who probably broke the 20,000 mile barrier.
I've done well over 700 miles in a day to watch us lose 1-0 in the freezing cold. So please, while we're all making our applications for 'fan of the year' based on the fact that we don't happen to live in sight of Plainmoor, don't think you're earning any kudos for basically driving from Plymouth to Torquay and back again.

I dread to think what the odo on Paul Bastard's car reads...

Matt.
Last edited by ferrarilover on 26 Nov 2013, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ferrarilover wrote:I love all the 'woe is me' on here about people having to drive "100 mile round trips" to get to games, as if it's 1870 and 50 miles is anything resembling an arduous task. I do 60 miles a day to school and back and it's a 25 mile trip if I want groceries beyond a pint of milk.

Last year, I did about 18,000 miles following Torquay and that doesn't come close to being a 'personal best', or matching the effort of some others who probably broke the 20,000 mile barrier.
I've done well over 700 miles in a day to watch us lose 1-0 in the freezing cold. So please, while we're all making our applications for 'fan of the year' based on the fact that we don't happen to live in sight of Plainmoor, please don't think you're earning any kudos for basically driving from Plymouth to Torquay and back again.

I dread to think what the odo on Paul Bastard's car reads...

Matt.
I think you will find it has scores for the best toilets and B&B at stadiums Matt. lol :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Well I am on my way now. Leaving early as traffic is likely to be heavy so let's get the shirt and scarf on and Cooommmmmmeeee onnnnnn yooooooooooooyeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssssss. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

well done to everyone who's making the effort and a big boooooo to all those who say they cant be bothered and "its a protest".

real fans, who can afford to go, will stick to the team no matter what

not sure what to think tonight, i was expecting a defeat, argyles form points to it, but our lucks gotta change soon, if we cant get fired up for the argyle game then it'll be tough getting us going for anything. we#ll def be outnumbered in the crowd, gonna go 2-1 benyon and the new boy, a very very disappointing 3,878 there.

yellow army!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yep Bix, if I lived closer I'd be there or if I had the money for fuel / ticket / hotel etc about £150 - £200. Tonight I'm off to sit with the Cobblers fans at Chesterfield to see the only team in English pro football that are worse than us. Should be fun watching them get annihilated tonight and interesting to hear what they are saying about their team and performance. I'm not going to look at our score until after the game because I need to chill out a bit and enjoy a game as a neutral for once. I'll certainly be chilling out tonight, it's bleedin' freezing!

I stand by my crazy prediction I posted earlier - 4-0 to us.

Getting excited even now COME ON LADS!!!! 'AV IT!! COYY!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

haha, what price you get for that?? fancy a few aways today, except argyle of course!! tranmere at 6/1 stands out to me, they beat cov 1-5 and wolves not exactly firing on all cylinders are they?

goog luck and enjoy the game, lets hope chesterfield stuff em to keep us off the foot of the table for a bit longer!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I fancy Wolves tonight Bix and Sheff U too. Also for some reason fancy Mansfield at Burton.

I'm going for Arsenal, Wolves, Chesterfield and Sheff U as my main bet and hope it can pay for Scunny on Saturday although i'll still be going anyway.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

teeboo100 wrote:is there some slagging of steve breed going on here again i here he buys very nice Christmas cards
You've obviously never met him then. He just saves up the cards that charity send him and gives them out as if he bought them. Without paying the postage either. :whistle: