So who will be relegated?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Trojan 67 wrote:The 24th and 23rd placed teams.

If we are placed in 22nd position or above after 46 League Two games then I'll be happy.

I reckon 22nd place should just about be enough to stay up
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

stefano wrote: As indeed we all will be Trojan and it is not a situation we are not used to ... although for us two our doctors would not recommend it! ;-)

Iffy* we are to escape the bottom 2 places and iffy* we are to finish in 22nd place then I hope it is by a clear margin of at least 4 points from the 23rd placed team. Work it out, this means whatever the final game results, we won't be involved in last day dramas/laying on a trolley in A&E connected to wires and monitors.

* very f in iffy at this moment in time.
;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Exeter City are now only six points above the relegation places. Not that we would want them to go down, of course.. :)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote:Exeter City are now only six points above the relegation places. Not that we would want them to go down, of course.. :)
me neither................ :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

stefano wrote: As indeed we all will be Trojan and it is not a situation we are not used to ... although for us two our doctors would not recommend it! ;-)

Now now. Trojan dear. Time to go back to the nice hospital and make your warm cell comfortable. Can't have you galavanting all over the place now can we. Listen to your doctor. there's a nice man. :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Difficult to believe that four years ago Portsmouth were a Premier League side. But, like Argyle, they had their financial problems and went into administration, and like Exeter, they are now owned by their Supporters Trust. Despite all this, and despite their current position in League Two, it seems inconceivable that they will be relegated. It's not impossible, of course, though I've a feeling they will just do enough to survive.

I was thinking that about Northampton too, but their prospects are looking worse week by week, and will look even more so if the Gulls beat them on Saturday. My favourites to join them would be Mansfield or Accrington, though it's such a tight league this season that any club in the bottom half of the table, Exeter and below, could find themselves in danger.

But perhaps those most likely to end up in the drop zone will be the most complacent ones; complacent because they think they're too big to go down..
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Northampton and Mansfield. I'm more sure about the Stags than I am about the Cobblers. That Mansfield are still not in the relegation zone shows just how poor this division is this year. They've won two of their last 17 games and they're not scoring goals either. They're clearly a dire side, as we witnessed, and they don't seem to have improved.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Mansfield and Exeter for me. The first because they are an awful side, the second because they are an awful side and I want them to go down.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dont give a sh*t as long as its not us!

although the greeks and gargs would be nice....oh and portsmouth and accrington and............ :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

FAO Stefano - just wondered if you wanted to amend your prediction given your post on page 1 (especially the "We will get nothing other than a damned good thrashing at Wimbledon next week and this time next week will be rooted to the bottom of the table, a position we will not shift from for the rest of the season." bit)

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:dont give a sh*t as long as its not us!

although the greeks and gargs would be nice....oh and portsmouth and accrington and............ :}
No we shouldn't want Argyle or Exeter to go down, and most of their fans wouldn't want us to go down either. Although it might seem a bit funny to think of Argyle in the Conference, it would be very bad for Devon football. At board level there is a good relationship between the three Devon clubs, and having two other Football League clubs in close proximity has quite a few advantages.

I never really wish relegation on anybody but somebody has to go so I hope it is a couple of those Northern teams (they should be in the Scottish League in any case!), or AC Northampton (who strangely I never really think of as being Northern) because of there supercilious fans! ;-)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Scott Brehaut wrote:FAO Stefano - just wondered if you wanted to amend your prediction given your post on page 1 (especially the "We will get nothing other than a damned good thrashing at Wimbledon next week and this time next week will be rooted to the bottom of the table, a position we will not shift from for the rest of the season." bit)

;-)
No not really as it was the most likely outcome at the time it was written. We were after all only clinging on throughout the second half on Saturday (I read the report that kind Womble posted on this forum). Mind you if we had lost we still would not have been bottom .... but only because AC Northampton are absolute shit! ;-)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

stefano wrote: ;-)
but only because AC Northampton are absolute sh*t! ;-)
:)

Which gives one great hope for this upcoming game.

:scarf: :scarf:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

stefano wrote: No we shouldn't want Argyle or Exeter to go down, and most of their fans wouldn't want us to go down either. Although it might seem a bit funny to think of Argyle in the Conference, it would be very bad for Devon football. At board level there is a good relationship between the three Devon clubs, and having two other Football League clubs in close proximity has quite a few advantages.

I never really wish relegation on anybody but somebody has to go so I hope it is a couple of those Northern teams (they should be in the Scottish League in any case!), or AC Northampton (who strangely I never really think of as being Northern) because of there supercilious fans! ;-)
i was being a bit of a :devil:

and whats this "we" business? speak for yourself......... =D

given the choice of us or one of them then...............

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Odd for Stef to be so negative.

In fairness, we weren't really 'hanging on' in the second half. The only thing Wimbledon did was have a lot more of the ball. There was shockingly little end product to any of their possession. Poke didn't make a save in the whole half and they didn't even have any real goalmouth scrambles or near misses to point to, either. They were a bit like we have been at times this season, looking lovely in the stats column, but in reality, never truly in control of the game.

Funny GITP mentions Exeter. I think they are a damn sight more likely to go down than plenty of the team currently below them. They are woeful at home (and have been for a number of years) and, as we approach the business end of the season, teams always look to tighten up at home, so their away record is not immune from suffering either. I still think we'll finish above them.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"