York City v Torquay United 25/3/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:If Goodwin loses appeal we have a real problem out wide;
If that was our only problem I wouldn't be concerned! ;-)
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

If we don't have goodwin, it gives Jordan a real chance to shine. And if so lets hope he does!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

We do seem to do better away from home - and on Tuesdays at the moment so have my hopes high for this one, (where's my medication?)

We are definitely due a Downesy goal and with Akinfenwa and Yeoman hopefully in the squad tonight we have two players how may just nick us something - i just hope we can get the first goal.

Well played all you travelling Gulls tonight! fingers well and truly crossed!

2-1 to the super gulls!!! (seriously - where's my medication?)

:scarf:
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Robiberto22 wrote:We do seem to do better away from home - and on Tuesdays at the moment so have my hopes high for this one, (where's my medication?)

We are definitely due a Downesy goal and with Akinfenwa and Yeoman hopefully in the squad tonight we have two players how may just nick us something - i just hope we can get the first goal.

Well played all you travelling Gulls tonight! fingers well and truly crossed!

2-1 to the super gulls!!! (seriously - where's my medication?)

:scarf:

? :-/
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

Bollocks - the other one Showunmi haha Nigerias finest
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
DonnyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Halstead

Post by DonnyGull »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:Can't wait for good old York. Going back up to my second home. Not in terms of property ownership though you'll understand. I can't even afford to live inside a wheelie bin never mind own a home. Couldn't fit inside a wheelie bin either to be fair unless it was one of those family size ones, I'd have a bash at that. Put it on it's side and lay in it and it's waterproof too. sh*t hot!!

No, York has been a place i have lived near and been in and around since i was knee high to a grasshopper and it's such an amazing place. I'll be there with a mate (ok, I'm paying him) and I'm looking forward to watching our songs dissipate into the North Yorkshire night air before they can ever reach the David Longhurst and the Minster army. Someone bring a tannoy and i'll stand at the front facing our faithful, hanging off a railing knocking out songs like they do in La Liga. What could possibly go wrong?

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

York are in cracking form and i can't see us getting 3 points here. I'd take a draw. I'll see all you lot up there lads and Super and Bix too. I wonder if Donnygull Tony is going? Not seen him since Burton nor does he post anymore. If you're reading Tony, get yersen off lad!!!! UP THE GULLS!!!
Hope to see you there Andy.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

SETTING OFF IN A BIT!!!! COME ON!!!! COME ON!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!

MADNESS!!!!!!!

TORQUAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON!!!! 3-2 WIN TONIGHT!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

can only see a defeat tonight and also on saturday, we'll just have to hope that all the others dont get points tonight and begin to increase that gap again

3-0 york
still keeping the faith
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Perhaps we will nick a draw 1-1
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Until the sending off at our place, I don't think they looked any great shakes. They're a funny side, capable of beating Chesterfield 4-0 one week and getting done by the same score at Accrington the next. Here's hoping that whatever it is that causes them to have a good day deserts them this time round (it won't, of course).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Robiberto22 wrote:Bollocks - the other one Showunmi haha Nigerias finest

:~D :)

A spirited 2-1 win to our brave and mighty warriors in yellow (and white stripes :Z ) this evening which sets them off on an 8 match unbeaten run, winning 5 matches and taking 18 points in the process! :)

Always remain positive! :-D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

1-0 to Torquay this evening. It won't be enough unfortunately. As a club we should never have sacked Mr Knill just as it was being turned around. It's what happens though when the Board are 'supporters' but have no professional help. Knee jerk reaction for the sacking / appointment and we are millions of points further adrift than we were at the time of the sacking. Even worse really as there was only one club below us at that time 6 points behind us and Mr Knill has completely turned that around so that they are miles ahead of us! You couldn't make it up really!.

Anyway, enough depression. Definitely 1-0 to us tonight! :keepie:
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Northampton miles ahead? We could overtake them tonight.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

stefano wrote: Even worse really as there was only one club below us at that time 6 points behind us and Mr WILDER has completely turned that around so that they are miles ahead of us! You couldn't make it up really!.
Fixed that for you.

:) ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

stefano wrote:1-0 to Torquay this evening. It won't be enough unfortunately. As a club we should never have sacked Mr Knill just as it was being turned around. It's what happens though when the Board are 'supporters' but have no professional help. Knee jerk reaction for the sacking / appointment and we are millions of points further adrift than we were at the time of the sacking. Even worse really as there was only one club below us at that time 6 points behind us and Mr Knill has completely turned that around so that they are miles ahead of us! You couldn't make it up really!.

Anyway, enough depression. Definitely 1-0 to us tonight! :keepie:
Idiot
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!