Downes & Nico.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

portugull wrote:My first reaction to the team selected yesterday was that 2 senior pros had a bust up with Chris Hargreaves.

Very little comment on this site but if there has been trouble between the Manager and Downes and Nico then it demonstrates to me that CH must have a really massive clear out and start again. The problem is that about 7 players are contracted for next season including Karl Hawley. If we make them available who is going to sign them?

Nico fell out with Knill and has he fallen out with CH? Downes is an Aussie and they always speak their mind.

I backed the appointment of Chris Hargreaves but I was utterly shocked by the decision to allow Tonge to take the penalty. No Manager should abdicate such a decision. Never let this happen again Chris. It is unprofessional. Some decisions are very crucial. A top Manager would never ever abdicate such a decision.

The problem in my opinion is that it is not the Manager who is at fault it is the players. You can see it all over the pitch. THEY EXPECT TO LOSE.

Until the players change we are not going to see a winning team. The winning mentality has long gone and it is hard to change.

Further to your email, nothing has been edited or amended on this posting. If you wish to edit it yourself feel free. I've checked the Moderator logs and nothing has been altered.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Thank you Dave.I really cannot understand as I checked my first post before I replied.