Last Five Games of the Season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: and imagine the reaction when it doesnt happen - just like it wont. in the real world.
As the travelling barrister said, I rest my case... :~D
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

The last five games on paper were very kind to us. Three of them against sides in the relegation battle and two sides who were safe but still in the lower half.

Had we been within 6 points we would have had half a chance (the same as the Atkins escape with 5 games to play). As it was, 10 points (plus our goal difference being so bad) was too much. We could win all five and it still likely would not be enough.

6 points from 24 in March was when we dug ourselves too big a hole. 11/24 and we would have been in the mix still, but 6 defeats was too many.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I've never mentioned Hartlepool. But they are now in grave danger. They've lost their last five games, and they've yet to play Burton (A), Morecambe (H), Plymouth (A), and Exeter (H).

It still looks to be the Gulls who are favourites to go down, but so many of the bottom teams play each other over the final games that nothing is certain until it's all over, and if Torquay does produce a late winning run, it could all come down to the final game against Wycombe.