Contract renewals and extensions

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

What I would like is

Rice
Pearce
Downes
Lathrope
Labardie
Yeoman
Thomson
O'Connor
Coulthirst
Craig

That's it, the rest are useless, even at conference level.

What I think will happen

Rice
Hawley
Benyon
Mansell
Cameron
Harding
Tonge

Some of you seem to rate chappell, I don't, just because he looks tricky, can beat a player (sometimes) his distribution is dire, so as I've said before no point! Plymouth can have him. OK some smart arse will point to one or 2 occasions when he got it right, that's not good enough even at conference level.

And to whoever listed players who are "happy" to stay, bet they f king are if the wages quoted on here are anywhere near correct. They should all, p#ss off and go and screw some other naive and desperate club.
TUST MEMBER
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Hawley is contracted for next season, as is Harding. There are others too, but I forget who else - it's been discussed elsewhere.

I do know that Manse, Nico, Rice and Poke are all out of contract, as are Bodin, Labadie and (I think) Downes.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Downes has another year
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

Since Hargreaves has been the manager and based purely on playing in points gaining matches compared to playing in non-points scoring matches we should in particular wish to keep
Benyon (19points/15appearances), Tonge (15/12), Lathrope (16/14)and if poss Cargill (6/3);
and to release Chappell (1/10), Hawley (3/7)and Bodin (7/10).

All our other contracted players who have played under Hargreaves have points scoring = games played +or - 1.

It helps me try to make sense of all the different line-ups we've used in these 19 games!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

What do you mean by 'points' DP? What are they and how are they generated?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: aint got 1

Post by yellowwot1 »

Neal wrote:What I would like is

Rice
Pearce
Downes
Lathrope
Labardie
Yeoman
Thomson
O'Connor
Coulthirst
Craig

That's it, the rest are useless, even at conference level.

What I think will happen

Rice
Hawley
Benyon
Mansell
Cameron
Harding
Tonge

Some of you seem to rate chappell, I don't, just because he looks tricky, can beat a player (sometimes) his distribution is dire, so as I've said before no point! Plymouth can have him. OK some smart arse will point to one or 2 occasions when he got it right, that's not good enough even at conference level.

And to whoever listed players who are "happy" to stay, bet they f king are if the wages quoted on here are anywhere near correct. They should all, p#ss off and go and screw some other naive and desperate club.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:What do you mean by 'points' DP? What are they and how are they generated?
He means that when those individual players play in games, its how many points the team pick up. So eg, in 15 appearances that Benyon has made the team have gained 19 points. Yet Chappell has made 10 appearances and the team have only gained one point in all those matches :O
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Of course. Bloody hell I feel a bit daft now! :Oops:

Thanks for that A Realist.

I can't believe that we've won so many points with Tonge in the side, especially as he loves conceding and not scoring penalties.............. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

Thanks A Realist for that.
You could say this identifies 'lucky' players rather than good ones. At the moment we need lucky players!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just as well then because we ain't got any good ones. :lol:
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Dockers Pal wrote:Thanks A Realist for that.
You could say this identifies 'lucky' players rather than good ones. At the moment we need lucky players!!
Very true. Luck is something thats not been in abundance this season. Well, good luck at least.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

with a good clear out, I'm actually quite looking forward to the next season in the conference! last time there were some of the best days I've had as a Torquay fan, the atmosphere was a million times better than what it is now, and some of the players genuinely loved the gulls. If Pearce goes in the summer, toddy would be a great signing! to be honest we could do worse than tim sills aswell? or maybe I'm pushing it! however with players like stuart fleetwood playing conference south football, it makes me wonder how we've ended up with Karl hawley? he needs to go, it's yeomans season!
The gulls are going up
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

gullno4 wrote:with a good clear out, I'm actually quite looking forward to the next season in the conference! last time there were some of the best days I've had as a Torquay fan, the atmosphere was a million times better than what it is now, and some of the players genuinely loved the gulls. If Pearce goes in the summer, toddy would be a great signing! to be honest we could do worse than tim sills aswell? or maybe I'm pushing it! however with players like stuart fleetwood playing conference south football, it makes me wonder how we've ended up with Karl hawley? he needs to go, it's yeomans season!
I don't think we would get anywhere by recreating our Conference team from 7 years ago. I don't think our forthcoming Conference experience is going to be anything like the last time.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

When we went down last time, we only retained about three players. I was saying to someone the other day that if that was to happen again I'd keep Rice, Pearce and Yeoman.

I rate Chappell but Hargreaves obviously does not. I think he needs a run of games, but someone will come in for him no doubt. I also think Bodin will be sold (and Pearce, probably).

As for the older players, I am grateful for the massive contributions that Manse, Nico and Downes have made to our club over the years but I think all of them would admit they've struggled this year. No doubt if we go down they would be cheap options though, and probably would stay.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I think Cameron has shown enough to make me want him around next year. Him and Chapell on tuther wing could be useful in the league below.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/