A lot to look forward to?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

In a sad masochistic way, I'm almost looking forward to drawing 0-0 with FC Woodchipping Albion or whatever next season.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

yellowforever wrote:In a sad masochistic way, I'm almost looking forward to drawing 0-0 with FC Woodchipping Albion or whatever next season.
:red:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

yellowforever wrote:In a sad masochistic way, I'm almost looking forward to drawing 0-0 with FC Woodchipping Albion or whatever next season.
Me too, can't wait to be honest. Fed up of going to the same old places year in year out although I'd have put up with it for the sake of staying up obviously. :Oops:

I'll go to Hereford although I've already been twice, Aldershot I've never been and will go if it's not a night game, Southport I've been once but will go again, Wrexham I've not been to and is one of the places I'm really looking forward to going for some odd reason, Welling is a tiny hamlet in south east London so **** that - no chance, Macc I've been to loads of times and always enjoy the run over the cat and fiddle, Lincoln is local so can't wait for that even though I've been a few times now, Nuneaton I've not been to although we did get them in the FA Cup a few years back but I didn't go - it's pretty near so will be there, Salisbury i'll try and get to as I've not been to the ground (been to Salisbury itself though - delightful) but if it's a night game no way, Alfreton becomes my nearest game at under 10 miles and can't wait for that - what a depressing experience THAT will be! Forest Green never been but will go, Woking is perilously close to London but I'm actually gonna do it!! Barnet, they've got a new ground but I'd rather stick pins through my nipples, Kiddy been before but will be there again, Braintree is another I'm strangely looking forward to - probably because it's just a random Essex town with a stupid name, of the play off contenders I hope that Gateshead go up because it's grim although i'll definitely go if not as I will to Halifax, Cambridge and Grimsby.

Telford I can't wait - i'll be there and I hope North Ferriby come up from the north play offs although i'll be at Hednesford (west mids), Guiseley (Leeds) and Altrincham no messing.

Eastleigh might be a push but so long as it's not a night game i'll see what I can do, Bromley, Sutton and Ebbsfleet can sod right off - forget those three - hope they stay in conf south but i'll go to Dover just for the laugh. There you have it. My conference adventures already mapped out! COYY!!!!

Oh and i'll be whoever drops with us from league 2. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Conference looks good for away trips for me. Aldershot, Eastleigh, welling, Salisbury, Wycombe if they join us,
TUST MEMBER
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm not suggesting that we have a right to be in the FL, but we're talking about "our level". Our level can't be anything but L2. It's where we've spent about 98% of our existence.

Matt.
Matt, your spot on here, no FL club has right to stay in the league, and no one is saying that Torquay had the right. This is the thing that I'm finding frustrating, the willingness just to accept our relegation, the attitude, we're Torquay a small club with no money, conference must be our level.

Bullcrap, conference isn't our level, we shouldn't have gone down. I've spent this entire season turning up at Plainmoor and watched one utterly crap team after another walk away with 3 pts, because of our inability from the manager's through to the coaching staff, down through to the players to find a way of playing to their strengths.

We've spent most of this season with both Knill and Hargreaves whacking the ball down the field expecting the likes of Benyon and Hawley to win the ball 5 ft in the air and wondering why we've lost games and those two have been close to useless, truth of the matter is, that why we've only won 4 games at home and why we're going down.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote: Matt, your spot on here, no FL club has right to stay in the league, and no one is saying that Torquay had the right. This is the thing that I'm finding frustrating, the willingness just to accept our relegation, the attitude, we're Torquay a small club with no money, conference must be our level.

Bullcrap, conference isn't our level, we shouldn't have gone down. I've spent this entire season turning up at Plainmoor and watched one utterly crap team after another walk away with 3 pts, because of our inability from the manager's through to the coaching staff, down through to the players to find a way of playing to their strengths.

We've spent most of this season with both Knill and Hargreaves whacking the ball down the field expecting the likes of Benyon and Hawley to win the ball 5 ft in the air and wondering why we've lost games and those two have been close to useless, truth of the matter is, that why we've only won 4 games at home and why we're going down.
agree dave.

the most galling, annoying thing for me is that the club hasnt learned the lessons from last time to keep us in the FL.

too many more dodgy decisions regarding things outside of the footballing side of the business has cost us our league stauts.

again.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Have to agree with both of the above points. Our Football League status, which IS our natural level, has been lost through a combination of poor off the field decisions (the training ground, you couldn't make it up, a real comedy of errors), poor signings (a highly paid striker who can't score, and he's with us next season, God help us) and some poor team management (particularly by the highly experienced Alan Knill). I don't want us to stay in the Conference for long, I hate it there. The last visit had some fun moments, but it is not where we belong.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Conference looks good for away trips for me. Aldershot, Eastleigh, welling, Salisbury, Wycombe if they join us,

BLINKIN HECK I FORGOT WOKING.

Its never been soooooooooooooo good for away days for me here in Basingstoke :lol:
TUST MEMBER
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I honestly hope we completely put the FA Trophy to one side and focus on the league and FA Cup.

If we have a good season and find ourselves near the top then I'd much rather focus on regaining our league status and earning some money in the FA Cup.

I don't even think the final is televised anymore.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: agree dave.

the most galling, annoying thing for me is that the club hasnt learned the lessons from last time to keep us in the FL.

too many more dodgy decisions regarding things outside of the footballing side of the business has cost us our league stauts.

again.
I keep hearing this, but A) we get no specifics or evidence, merely subjective allegations and B) it doesn't necessarily fit with what I know about the world.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote: I keep hearing this, but A) we get no specifics or evidence, merely subjective allegations and B) it doesn't necessarily fit with what I know about the world.

Matt.
come on its not rocket science......

A) new grandstand.
B) training ground.

and the biggest turd which derailed us, our sh*t pitch - due in some part to A).
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm very much afraid that your depression may be causing you a temporary fever of the mind, Supes me old son, unless you're coming at it from an angle I simply haven't considered?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I am confused why anybody would have issue with the new Grandstand. To me this is now one of the clubs biggest assets.

What where we going to do? Leave the stand empty? It had been condemned for god’s sake!

A job needed doing, The Bristow family stepped up and the club sourced as much funding (from the FA etc) as it could to get this job done.

In my eyes they did this job successfully and cut no corners and the result is something the club should be proud of - not using it as ammunition against those who oversaw and funded it.

As for the pitch – throw record rainfall against any land which does not have Premier league drainage as a foil against it and you will end up with the same result some our fixtures suffered. I actually think the ground staff performed considerably better than last season but there is a limit to what anyone can do with such events.
It is not rocket science and those who compare us to the robbing bastards down the road in terms of postponements need sanctioning!
Last edited by Richinns on 28 Apr 2014, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Bobcoles
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Howe

Post by Bobcoles »

Well after years of reading posts on here , but never contributing myself , I feel it's time to vent my feelings on a disappointing but also inevitable season.

A little about my background, 50 last week and been watching United for about 46 years through some massive highs and also some disastrous times. From the good old Mini stand , pop side to the old Babbacombe end standing on the old slippery sleepers and now to the truly stunning Bristows Bench where I sit with my 17 year old fanatical son.

During the open day last year alarm bells began to ring whilst during a conversation with Alan Knill he indicated that finding a striker was a problem and we were probably not about to find a goal scorer for some time. Well after the departure of Howe our priority had to be a goal scorer and as the season panned out my fears were realised and I think it was together with no real quality in midfield the major contribution to our downfall.

About 2 years ago I moved to Basingstoke , but travel down every other week to see United and take my son to the match.as I've said he's 17 but a more fanatical supporter you'll not find and in these days of the money orientated Premiership it makes me proud that all he wants for birthdays or xmas is United merchandise. We have of course a brick on the bench with the words "Real Football" which of course it is, kick and rush, get stuck in,passionate football.

Living up here now there has been plenty of chances to see United locally over the last couple of seasons , Wimbledon, Barnet, Portsmouth and Oxford to name just a few, even driving to Torquay to pick up Josh and driving him back after the game.But every ground I visit I feel so proud to support Torquay United . The yellow army are always there in numbers , always out singing the opposition ,at Portsmouth this season , near 15000 home supporters watched the away end sing the lads to victory and I will always be able to say I was there .

Now to my point .

I have and always will support Torquay United

I will support anyone who pulls on the United Shirt

Whatever league we play in, they are my team , I come from Torquay and am proud of that fact, the colours are in the car , I wear the merchandise most days.

Workmates and everyone I meet whilst I'm in exile know about United , look for their results and most Mondays this season are waiting with their Monday morning banter.

But you know what every time I go to Plainmoor , I still get that feeling of excitement and anticipation I got 10, 20, 30 years ago and I always will, to me the great times, the Wembley trips ,old Trafford and even days to White Hart Lane will stay with me forever,

We have a great club , I'm proud of the ground (no open away end) ,big screen , stunning stand but I'm proud to be a Torquay United fan and wherever I travel people know who we are, whatever league we are in I'll be there and always will.

The staff have alway been helpfull, even received a birthday card signed by all the players last week, which I have to thank Julia in the shop for and I only had to ask to get Josh who is studying Media studies a match day opportunity to help behind the scenes .would you get this from a premiership team?

So I hope that this weekend Plainmoor will be full, cheering on the lads to another victory , as we prepare to plan to come straight back up next year.

We must support the manager and the players all I ask is 100% effort ,passion, and pride in wearing Uniteds colours then I'm sure success will follow
We have fantastic supporters the best away fans ,not the biggest budget, but we will survive to fight another day.

Can't wait for next season when it all starts again, and maybe I can contribute a little more on here .

P.S Just got a call from Dean Edwards to say presentation of 125 shirt will be after match , that cheer josh up, that was his birthday present back in September .lol
"Torquay till I Die"
Bobcoles
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Howe

Post by Bobcoles »

Well after years of reading posts on here , but never contributing myself , I feel it's time to vent my feelings on a disappointing but also inevitable season.

A little about my background, 50 last week and been watching United for about 46 years through some massive highs and also some disastrous times. From the good old Mini stand , pop side to the old Babbacombe end standing on the old slippery sleepers and now to the truly stunning Bristows Bench where I sit with my 17 year old fanatical son.

During the open day last year alarm bells began to ring whilst during a conversation with Alan Knill he indicated that finding a striker was a problem and we were probably not about to find a goal scorer for some time. Well after the departure of Howe our priority had to be a goal scorer and as the season panned out my fears were realised and I think it was together with no real quality in midfield the major contribution to our downfall.

About 2 years ago I moved to Basingstoke , but travel down every other week to see United and take my son to the match.as I've said he's 17 but a more fanatical supporter you'll not find and in these days of the money orientated Premiership it makes me proud that all he wants for birthdays or xmas is United merchandise. We have of course a brick on the bench with the words "Real Football" which of course it is, kick and rush, get stuck in,passionate football.

Living up here now there has been plenty of chances to see United locally over the last couple of seasons , Wimbledon, Barnet, Portsmouth and Oxford to name just a few, even driving to Torquay to pick up Josh and driving him back after the game.But every ground I visit I feel so proud to support Torquay United . The yellow army are always there in numbers , always out singing the opposition ,at Portsmouth this season , near 15000 home supporters watched the away end sing the lads to victory and I will always be able to say I was there .

Now to my point .

I have and always will support Torquay United

I will support anyone who pulls on the United Shirt

Whatever league we play in, they are my team , I come from Torquay and am proud of that fact, the colours are in the car , I wear the merchandise most days.

Workmates and everyone I meet whilst I'm in exile know about United , look for their results and most Mondays this season are waiting with their Monday morning banter.

But you know what every time I go to Plainmoor , I still get that feeling of excitement and anticipation I got 10, 20, 30 years ago and I always will, to me the great times, the Wembley trips ,old Trafford and even days to White Hart Lane will stay with me forever,

We have a great club , I'm proud of the ground (no open away end) ,big screen , stunning stand but I'm proud to be a Torquay United fan and wherever I travel people know who we are, whatever league we are in I'll be there and always will.

The staff have alway been helpfull, even received a birthday card signed by all the players last week, which I have to thank Julia in the shop for and I only had to ask to get Josh who is studying Media studies a match day opportunity to help behind the scenes .would you get this from a premiership team?

So I hope that this weekend Plainmoor will be full, cheering on the lads to another victory , as we prepare to plan to come straight back up next year.

We must support the manager and the players all I ask is 100% effort ,passion, and pride in wearing Uniteds colours then I'm sure success will follow
We have fantastic supporters the best away fans ,not the biggest budget, but we will survive to fight another day.

Can't wait for next season when it all starts again, and maybe I can contribute a little more on here .

P.S Just got a call from Dean Edwards to say presentation of 125 shirt will be after match , that cheer josh up, that was his birthday present back in September .lol
"Torquay till I Die"