Billy Kee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

OllieGull wrote:I posted on the Ex-Gull thread about Olejnik, he has a clause in his contract that every 10 football league games he plays for Peterborough, they have to pay us £10,000, and apparently it's getting a bit expensive for them...
I think it was only up to 50 or 100 though however don't quote me on that.
Last edited by ethantufcbaker on 21 Aug 2014, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 50711.aspx

Don't think we are getting full backs
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Billy Kee : Pillsbury the dough boy - literally. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Well if the figures are correct then the £80k we should receive, added to the £20k we already got, represents a total fee of £100k for his services ... which is much more like it and I would suggest is about right for what he was worth back when we sold him!

I have to say it is something of a relief to have it confirmed that there is indeed a 35% sell on clause inserted because if you trawl back through these boards to around the time he was sold there were some (reliable sources I might add =D ) who were convinced that a certain individual within the club had cocked up the paperwork and omitted the clause! Now it seems there was indeed no foundation in these "rumours". Can you imagine the reaction now, given the individual concerned's current low "popularity rating" if indeed it had been missed out and we had just flushed £80k down the toilet ... :) :O

On another note, I totally understand the need for this money to be utilised on keeping the club afloat but, as a fan, it is always disappointing to hear him come out and say that he won't see any of this money being directed towards the playing budget. I imagine the same thing happened with the £40k for young Osborne too. There was a time, under this consortium, when we were regularly told that any "windfall" payments such as these two clearly represent would be given to the Manager (Paul Buckle in the main) to strengthen the playing squad .... not any more though, which is a sign of the times for sure.

Unfortunately, from a fan perspective, such actions do reek of a lack of ambition, something which we could never have been accused of in the early years of the new ownership.

It also goes to show just how difficult it is just to keep a team like TUFC viable when you consider that under the consortium we have done extremely well over the last seven years, relative to our history at least, in that we have pulled in close to £1 million in transfer fees by my reckoning.... Carayol (£35k); Benyon (£125k); Robertson (£60k); Sills (£20k?); Green (undisclosed?); Wroe (£10k?); Zebroski (£20k?); Olejnik (250k ... eventually rising to £350k); O'Kane (£170k); Ellis (£70k); Osborne (£40k); Kee (£20k + £80k?) ... and not forgetting Buckle (£70k)!!! I think that covers the main transfer deals and by my reckoning the player deals alone amount to pretty much bang on a million pounds, give or take.

When you also factor in that during those seven years we also pulled in some decent TV money (Setanta, Sky and the BBC have all covered our games on occasions), went on some of the best FA Cup runs in the clubs history (under Buckle), reached an FA Trophy final, a League 2 Play off final, three play off semi finals, and of course our victorious Conference Play Off final, we have enjoyed some fantastic successes .... albeit not in the last two seasons!

When you factor in all these "windfall" payments, and yet we still manage to make huge losses every year it seems, you really do wonder how the club can possibly survive ...It also, inevitably, makes you wonder where the club might be if we hadn't of enjoyed such success on the playing field for most of the last seven years? As a club, you should never "bank on" such income as transfer fees, FA Cup runs and Play Off campaigns and the like but despite all this we are still "skint" it seems and the "Seale Hayne club" appears to be a rather embarrassing attempt at dressing up what to all intents and purposes seems to be a case of "getting the buckets out and passing them around the ground" ... in the style of our Devon neighbours (both of the in recent history) in an effort to raise some much needed cash!

Hopefully the recent windfalls from the sale of Osborne and the Billy Kee sell on bonus will have eased the purse strings at Plainmoor a little but recent statements coming out of the club suggest we are in pretty dire financial straits ...which is a far cry from where we were when we last dropped into the Conference.