Aldershot Town v Torquay United – Saturday 25th October 2014

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

taunton_gull wrote:None taken, but I think it's a little unfair to judge him this season on the one game he's played in which he was played at the back with Richards. You mention Vincent Kompany, I'm not sure how effective he would have been playing there either on the day either. You don't become a bad player overnight, he was easily our best player last season and was recently enquired about by several clubs despite not getting a look in this season. That should tell you about the quality he has.
i agree with you about last season TG, but he was dire. he actually looked disinterested and he looked all over the place - I dont think it would have made a difference if he had been playing with mac.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Would be interested in how Wakefield plays from those who are there.

Would seriously like to know why CH persists with Wakefield and what he offers us
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HT 1-0.

pity we didint start playing until 30mins........

oastler having a go at the ref and the torquay fans.............
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

Sounds like Seabright has done really well. Bowman continues to frustrate.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Josh Scott again, 2-0 down, sounds like game over.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
KingsteigntonYellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by KingsteigntonYellow »

Bugger.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Josh Scott again, 2-0 down, sounds like game over.
it sure is........... :@

TUST Member 468

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Dreams of a chance to be giant killers against Fleetwood, Dagenham or Wimbledon will have to wait for another year..... :} :} :}
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Oh well. Will that make it 5 defeats out of 6 games? It's difficult keeping up. That'll teach us not to take job applications from the safe environment of the television studio, particularly when at the time there was no job vacancy. Might as well have picked somebody at random from the Pop. Bags I go in goal next week! ;-)
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Even without Young in the team this simply is not good enough. Very questionable subs today, how has Bowman stayed on the pitch whilst Briscoe is taken off?
The original taunton_gull!!!
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

If the commentator feels compelled to keep repeating the word "pathetic" that's probably not good.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Well quite depressing really. Failing a miracle in the last couple of minutes this will be the first time we have not featured in the draw for the First Round Proper of the FA Cup since 1924/1925 season. That season we went out in the 1st Qualifying Round 2-1 away to Taunton Town in a replay after a 1-1 draw at Plainmoor.

Still I suppose this year we did make the 4th Qualifying Round! ;-)
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

It all seemed so easy when we won 6 on the bounce but now it's looking decidedly dodgy and I think we'll slip into mid table obscurity for the rest of the season.

The suspensions totally destroyed the rhythm of the team and now we appear to be on a bit of a downward spiral.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

This is depressing to listen to. I feel for those who have travelled - but at least they get a fiver off our next home match...

Sounds like we've been battered and are only in the game because of Seabright. I think it's time to fact facts - we over-achieved earlier in the season and are a bang average side at this level. Obviously we're missing Young who is by far our best player but we better get used to playing without him because he'll be off as soon as we get a half-decent offer - especially as we're going to get diddly squat from the FA Cup.

Bowman has once again been useless and missed a gilt-edged chance at a crucial time. O'Achie isn't a goalscorer and Briscoe is back to playing out wide even though he is our best finisher. Cruise, according to the commentary team, is having a mare. Time to blood Ives, irrespective of whether he will sign a professional contract.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Could be worse...I suppose - we could be Birmingham fans !

They are currently 8 - 0 down at home to Bournemouth !!!