ticket pricing

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

So it's the ex manager and his assistant who are being paid? 150k or 3 reasonable players. Anyone else we should be aware of?
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Well written Chunky Gull well argued.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

SteveDeckchair wrote:Got to say, chunky gull has made some valid points. One of my issues with some of the narrative coming out of the club this season is that we actually get decent crowds in this division yet we are told we have one of the lowest budgets. Why is that? How can teams with much smaller crowds have a bigger budget than us? Especially with the supposed cap on playing budget this league had. This I don't feel has ever been satisfactorily explained.
This is a good point. As far as I am aware the rules are that the wage budget has to be no more than 60%(ish - I don't remember exactly) of income. Owner investments can only be used for infrastructure, not wages. There are of course ways around this, an owner's company paying crazy money to 'sponsor' the team but still, you do wonder why there seems to be such a massive gap between us and the like of Eastleigh.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

PhilGull wrote: This is a good point. As far as I am aware the rules are that the wage budget has to be no more than 60%(ish - I don't remember exactly) of income. Owner investments can only be used for infrastructure, not wages. There are of course ways around this, an owner's company paying crazy money to 'sponsor' the team but still, you do wonder why there seems to be such a massive gap between us and the like of Eastleigh.
Correct, but it doesn't stop an owner bunging loads of money in. They don't have to buy a pen from the club shop for £100,000 either, they are allowed to pump money in as long as it is not a loan (I.e. Converted to shares). Basically to stop someone turning round and asking for the money back.

Added in 3 seconds:
PhilGull wrote: This is a good point. As far as I am aware the rules are that the wage budget has to be no more than 60%(ish - I don't remember exactly) of income. Owner investments can only be used for infrastructure, not wages. There are of course ways around this, an owner's company paying crazy money to 'sponsor' the team but still, you do wonder why there seems to be such a massive gap between us and the like of Eastleigh.
Correct, but it doesn't stop an owner bunging loads of money in. They don't have to buy a pen from the club shop for £100,000 either, they are allowed to pump money in as long as it is not a loan (I.e. Converted to shares). Basically to stop someone turning round and asking for the money back.