Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Glad you all enjoyed it. I must admit it made me smile. I also go along with the superstition stuff but sadly Gilbert had flown in specially for this one-off performance and is now heading south for the winter. I will see what I can do with the old bird on its return to make it a bit more lively. It might need a giant box of sage and onion, if you get my drift!
Great win today. Keep smiling everyone.
Reading Gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Hill n Sills!

Post by Reading Gull »

Hi Mr Candy.

Just thought i would refer you to the Hall of Fame thread. Thought it may be a good idea...
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I am very pleased indeed to note that GILBERT will be performing 'The Bird's the Word' at ten to three on Saturday. This new GILBERT is a great improvement on the last one. I do appreciate feathered frivolity and hope that GILBERT will appear at half time too, as well as doing the 'Bird' dance if we score. So why not try that, Mr. Candy? We score....the announcer plays the 'Bird's the Word' song....GILBERT dances...and as Peter Griffin said 'everybody happy!'
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Per Captain Blackadder:

That is the worst idea in the history of entertainment since Abraham Lincoln said, "I'm sick of kicking around the house all day, let's go take in a show."

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

All we need now is Three Twerps, well maybe two (we are L2 after all), a slug balancer and a revolting drag act.
TUST number 080
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

We will monitor the success of Gilbert's new pre-match party piece before looking to change his job description.
Look out also for the new " Live at Plainmoor" posters which provide details of upcoming social events and acts at Plainmoor ( not on match days) which hopefully will be of some interest to some of you starting with a quiz night next Friday. Can someone let me have the contact details of the slug balancer please.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

A Candy wrote:We will monitor the success of Gilbert's new pre-match party piece before looking to change his job description.
Look out also for the new " Live at Plainmoor" posters which provide details of upcoming social events and acts at Plainmoor ( not on match days) which hopefully will be of some interest to some of you starting with a quiz night next Friday. Can someone let me have the contact details of the slug balancer please.

sorry Andy, as his agent, I have to inform you he his fully booked until after Xmas.

Sorry.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I had heard rumours he copped a packet at Galipoli with the Aussies.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thanks SNR, don't suppose you have any snails on your books?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Given my close proximity to France, I'm your man for snails - although you will have to be quick, as they are rather nice to eat

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Hi Andy. Please can the club get some people to play drums ( and any other suitable musical instrument) at the next home game. The fans at present just haven't been able to create any noise and we need direction. Maybe you could contact the Music Teacher at Westlands and offer pupils free entry if they can play some tunes. It could be a project called "The Power of Music in the football Stadium"....Failing that, are there some local bands who could create some noise and promote themselves at the same time ? I believe that the club would benefit from paying or offering free entry to anyone who is willing to play a drum and get the fans vocal again. Well done to Gilbert. More of the same please and can the ground staff join in ? We need to encourage people to lose their inhibitions and start joining in the fun and most importantly make some noise.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

It's a nice idea but unfortunately my working day does not allow me time to organise these types of events so really over to you guys. Sorry!
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate you are a very busy man. Would it be possible to just have a general appeal on the official website for a drummer to attend the next home game ?
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

SOMEONE CALL HAYDEN JONES AND HIS IAN HATHAWAY MASK, COME ON JONESY YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU. :bow:
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Andy- how about getting Steve Laister back? He was good at getting the crowd going before matches.
If he's not doing anything would be well worth asking him to do some of his stuff-especially in the matches coming up againgst Portsmouth and the Gargs