What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Mansell's gunna have to play out of his skin really. Never rated him there to be honest, thought he looks far more adequate at right back. Think Ling's next couple of signings will be so important. If he brings some players in with obvious quality then then the arrivals of Saah & McPhee won't actually look too bad. Your Andy Parkinson's, Bobby Linn's, generally all round no-bodys will never help the situation.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

DavetheRave wrote:Billy looks like he's got eyeliner on!!!!!!!!!

No Robbo in those pics then???
Robbo is in the group pic, next to ST.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Thought Mansell looked really good in midfield when he partnered Stanley. I can see him making a decent partnership with O Kane in there. One doing the graft the other doing the guile. Problem was we didn't have a competent right back. Hopefully with Leadbitter and a bit of Oastler we should now have one/two.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

From Dave Thomas in today's Herald...

But I understand that United have made an immediate, but not substantial, profit on the £25,000 they paid Wycombe Wanderers for him 18 months ago.

There is also a 'sell-on' clause to the deal

I think this pretty much confirms what we heard from the Bristol press and also backs up what I had heard - that we made a small profit and that we have a sell on clause. I am not aware, and piece in the paper seems to back that up of any "other" add ons such as appearance, goals scored, promotion based bonuses etc . I think its a straight forward fee up front and a % of any future sale.,
Last edited by CP Gull on 05 Jul 2011, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

That's not a direct quote from Baker, just the views of David Thomas (unless I'm reading it wrong). Either way it does appear that we have been robbed. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

tommyg wrote:That's not a direct quote from Baker, just the views of David Thomas (unless I'm reading it wrong). Either way it does appear that we have been robbed. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.
You're quite right Tommy.

I have amended my post to refelect that fact. :Oops:
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Southampton Gull wrote: I wouldn't disagree but there are whingers, and there are whiners who whine on about wingers when they really should be whining about whingers. I'm of the opinion that on a forum people can air their views without whiners whinging at them for doing so. ;-)

GOOD GRIEF !!! Has Trojan taken possession of SG !?!??!? :lol:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

The boys who have gone hve gone. We need to get over it now.
Yes we had some real good players last season but now they gone and we really need to look forward rather than back.

The likes of Zebs and co had to beat the doubters before and the guys we have now need the time to show us what they can do. Whos to say that Mcphee or Saah could turn out to be class and really add something new and better to the club. Before anyone says they wont becuse there no Branno or Zebs, how do you know this without seeing both the new guys play in the 2011/2012 season.

I am a supporter of Torquay United like everyone else and players come and go in football. Beckham was a massive legend at Man utd but left for Real Madrid, am there at the same level. Back to league 2, Kedwell has left Wimbledon for Gillingham and thats no diffrent. Gornell is set for shrewsbury after leaving Accy ( was set for inverness but that broke down) Again again did very well on a smaller budget like us, but sadly there clubs with a few more pennies will always be more attractive.

Our squad isnt that bad, just its not what people know or used to so there scared. To me the back line is looking strong and very happy with that. Yes we need a couple of strikers and winger but there come soon enough. Your all shoot me down but its a new season and just anouys me that were all in strop mode. The squad and starting 11 against Burton may look diffrent, but noone knows if this team will be better or worse this season. Im for one is sure that this team will not be in a relegation dog fight that people are saying, might not have a playoff season again but thats life.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Regiment wrote:
GOOD GRIEF !!! Has Trojan taken possession of SG !?!??!? :lol:

No chance of that, Brady. I was just standing up to those that seek to silence forum members from putting their views across, no matter how much certain individuals whinge ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Southampton Gull wrote:
No chance of that, Brady. I was just standing up to those that seek to silence forum members from putting their views across, no matter how much certain individuals whinge ;-)

it was the "tongue twister" nature of your delivery that made me think Trojan had hacked your account !! ha ha. :lol:

but your point of course, was correct. :-D
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Haha, I was trying to do it in a light-hearted way but unfortunately it was lost on mlw who just seems to want to moan at anyone on here who can see a negative.
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Regiment wrote:
GOOD GRIEF !!! Has Trojan taken possession of SG !?!??!?

Seemed simple enough to me, comprehended it in an instant. :lol:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Boom Boom wrote:Mansell's gunna have to play out of his skin really. Never rated him there to be honest, thought he looks far more adequate at right back. Think Ling's next couple of signings will be so important. If he brings some players in with obvious quality then then the arrivals of Saah & McPhee won't actually look too bad. Your Andy Parkinson's, Bobby Linn's, generally all round no-bodys will never help the situation.
I agree. I personally have always preferred Mansell at full-back. I thought I was quite isolated in that point of view.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

CP Gull wrote:From Dave Thomas in today's Herald...

But I understand that United have made an immediate, but not substantial, profit on the £25,000 they paid Wycombe Wanderers for him 18 months ago.

There is also a 'sell-on' clause to the deal

I think this pretty much confirms what we heard from the Bristol press and also backs up what I had heard - that we made a small profit and that we have a sell on clause. I am not aware, and piece in the paper seems to back that up of any "other" add ons such as appearance, goals scored, promotion based bonuses etc . I think its a straight forward fee up front and a % of any future sale.,
If people are happy with this...as it seems some are...and whilst this price is to a degree speculation, DT is not going to print something so wide of the mark...but if people feel the club have done well, then how will they feel when BRFC say, offer £10k for O'Kane and the board think...well, we signed him for free so we can at least make another profit, if not substantial one. It sickens me that we seem/appear to have sold Zebroski to another team in our division so pointlessly cheaply. Everyone else now will see TUFC as a soft touch. It bodes not at all well for the future.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

hector wrote:Everyone else now will see TUFC as a soft touch. It bodes not at all well for the future.
What do you mean, "now"? It's been obvious to all and sundry for quite some that if you come in with any bid, the chance are we'll not fight you off for too long. We're like that drunk girl in the Venue at 3am - the first time you ask her home she says no, but suddenly she can't find any of her friends so she wanders back past you hitching her skirt just a little. This time when you ask her, she's in the the back the taxi so fast you don't even have time to find out her name.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.