Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Would a Jordan Robertson who hasn't played in 2 years be any less fit than a Rene Howe? :whistle:
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
SkyBlueGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SkyBlueGull »

Reece Brown - I wouldnt touch him with a barge pole - he is absolutely useless in my opinion.

CCFC only had him on trial as they were scraping the barrell

However I would be seriously interested in William Edjenguele and Jordan Clarke - one a central defender that the fans would love and one a fantastic young product as a full back (think Leadbitter but 10 times better) - that CCFc have released - or at least told them that they dont feature in their plans/squad with a year left on their contracts
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

cambgull wrote:Don't know much about Bowerman but Taundry I'd like to see. I know he mainly played at right or left back but can he play in centre mid too?
Spot on regarding Taundry mate.Mainly Right back over the last couple of years but started off in centre mid,
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper

Post by yellowforever »

SkyBlueGull wrote:Reece Brown - I wouldnt touch him with a barge pole - he is absolutely useless in my opinion.

CCFC only had him on trial as they were scraping the barrell

However I would be seriously interested in William Edjenguele and Jordan Clarke - one a central defender that the fans would love and one a fantastic young product as a full back (think Leadbitter but 10 times better) - that CCFc have released - or at least told them that they dont feature in their plans/squad with a year left on their contracts
I think Clarke could be a bit above our budget, but Edjenguele seems more reasonable. On the subject of L1 released players, our old friend Grandison has been released from Shrewsbury. Although he was diabolical when we beat them 5-0, he was a couple of years younger and was playing out of position at RB, since then I was under the impression that he improved as a CB so I'm a little bit miffed as to why he's been released. Injury/Performance? Either way, he's the sort of player we could see sign on for us next season.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

I think it was actually Grandison who rejected Shrewsbury's offer of a contract extension. I would've loved to have seen Mark Roberts join, but he's signed for Fleetwood after a successful few years at Stevenage. Let's hope Knill has other names in mind to fill the crucial vacated positions in central defence and up front.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I too have just seen the news about Roberts and Fleetwood. I'm a little sad we weren't linked with him or, indeed, successful in landing him. He's a direct Saah replacement, incredible in the air, a threat from corners, a leader off the pitch and on it if Manse is missing. Still, plenty more (probably slightly less tasty) fish in the sea.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Always been impressed with Roberts whenever I've seen him play for Stevenage. Although there is no transfer fee involved, I would imagine Fleetwood must be paying him a fairly hefty wage! They were trying to lure Creswell from Southend and were rumoured to have bid £100k but clearly have now moved on and to my mind at least have got a better player.

They are putting together a really strong squad at Fleetwood and together with perhaps Chesterfield and Portsmouth have made the most quality additions this close season. I can see all three up there challenging next season.
Last edited by CP Gull on 04 Jul 2013, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Stevenage were desperate to keep Roberts, and I think Swindon were in for him too. Do drop down a level and join Fleetwood, the money must be big.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

£100,000 for an intra-League Two transfer of a defender. Jesus, how times have changed...

Portsmouth's quality this season will depend much more on their off-field position than their on field quality. There are plenty of good teams this year, and the division will be much more diverse than the utter, utter crap to which we were treated last year.

Matt.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Joe Anyinsah on trial at Cheltenham. Would have been a decent option as mentioned previously.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

On Trial you say, presumably for the crime of impersonating a footballer?

I thank you.

Matt.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper

Post by yellowforever »

ferrarilover wrote:On Trial you say, presumably for the crime of impersonating a footballer?

I thank you.

Matt.
Bang on. Very overrated from what I've seen of him, and would probably demand extortionate wages.
Brucie. 27/02/14
godfather_tufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: rice

Post by godfather_tufc »

any truth that jake robinson could be coming on trial on monday?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

godfather_tufc wrote:any truth that jake robinson could be coming on trial on monday?
From what I have heard on hear I would imagine not unless he has come down to tidy his room!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
godfather_tufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: rice

Post by godfather_tufc »

its just i heard two lads that were released from Northampton could start training with us from monday