Dagenham & Redbridge v Torquay United - 12/3/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Just back after a freezing but most enjoyable evening.
Superb support from the 114.
Great second half performance and unlucky not to win. Players showed fight & spirit - just what's needed to stay up.
This could really be the turning point.
Looking forward to Southend now.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

UP THE GULLS!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Indeed, the lads must have gone back into the changing rooms feeling like they had won this match tonight, got to take that into Saturday though, going to be much tougher at Southend.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

UP THE CHIPNICKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Great point tonight. Second half showing could be the turning point of the season.

First half was usual toss, but Knill needs to bottle up whatever happened at half time and bring it out every game. Whether it was the perception of injustice I don't know, but we were a different team!

Billy and Rene were causing all sorts of problems with their movement. Labadie looks one hell of a player, great engine and not afraid to put it about. Saah was a rock, and after a shaky start Cruise looked the real deal. Poke has not had to make a serious save all match. There were some real positives to take from the performance.

On a negative slant, we still made some shocking errors and poor judgement at the back which cost us. And in the first half as a whole the passing was terrible.

Given the circumstance, a good point and something to build from.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

To add a bit more slightly positive news, I was at Home Park tonight and Argyle were worse than we've been recently! More tomorrow but if we can pick up a win at Southend or Chesterfield then ill be confident!
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by londongull63 »

The most encouraging thing right from the off was that the players clearly are still fighting - when, after the hammer blow of that sending-off, could have seen us 3 down by half time if they'd felt sorry for themselves. The quality was somewhat lacking in the first half but they still kept battling and stuck in there, and second half, well, it was all good - spirit, tackling, runnning, decent moves and chances. For all those who've been criticising Torquay performances, what would you have made of being a Dagenham fan with their total inability to get a grip in the second half with a man extra. Much of their passing was poor and we were winning nearly every challenge. Great to see Labadie celebrating so joyfully - he seems up for it - and also Rene's faceafter the goal and at the final whistle (as well as his running) showed he really cared. And while I haven't seen enough of Oastler this season, after what I've read here, you can't knock him for courage today. He was bravely getting stuck in and winning almost every 50/50 challenge.
Oh, and people in line with Dagenham's second goal said he was a good six feet offside. Well done lads.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Not long back in. And now glad I made the trip up. An average first half really where the early sending off looked like it might ruin our chances. But superb fight by the lads we deserved the win there second goal was completley against the run of play and offside from what most others have said as well. More performances like the second half and I think we will be fine. But the key to that is playing like that for the rest of the season. Our run in looks very tough.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Not meant as a dig at all Alex, I realise it was 326 in the morning and you'd just got in, but whilst I dont think any run in would be easy given our current form, I wouldnt say ours is very tough. 2 from the top, 4 from the middle, one from lower middle, and 2 from the relegation fight. Couldnt be bothered to look at all our rivals run ins but an even spread from across the table will be similar to everyone elses. If we write off th Gills and Northampton games (which we shouldnt, remember beating Carlisle away!!?) thats 7 games we can realistically pick up points, should we play like last night!
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

On Twitter, Super Rene complaining of a very painful toe, having injections on the bus on the way home. Hopefully not broken, can't lose him now...