Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

How dare you speak against my No. 1. hero! No, not Mark Loram (although he's high on the list) - but GILBERT! We want MORE dancing, more explosions, more cartwheels before turning into a Catherine Wheel and disappearing, more leaping over the Cowshed when we score, more running on to the pitch and hugging the goalscorer - in fact, more GILBERT of everything!
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Public Gilbert execution in the centre circle at half time, please.

No suggestions for Andy, can't expect anything more from our club since certain board members dug into their pockets to install Hodges and Greavsie at great cost. All these trivial suggestions pale into insignificance when you consider that the club answered the biggest concern we could ever have in the most positive manner.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

bengull wrote:Public Gilbert execution in the centre circle at half time, please.
Wait until we next play Bristol Rovers, then use gas..
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Actually, Mr. bengull has a point: If the incumbent GILBERT doesn't come up to expectations (and many don't) then a public execution at half-time would be the answer. This would ensure that the next GILBERT was up to scratch, as he would know his fate if he failed to perform. So no aimless wandering, please; instead, explosions, disappearances, magical tricks, cartwheeling, leaping over impossible heights and generally annoying the dull-brained morons who refuse to love our bird.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

potnoodle wrote:I beg your pardon Matt. Did you ever see Mark Loram play for Torquay. My first manager was the great Cyril Knowles. You certainly can not say that about Mark. Most gifted natural local talent. Shame on you. I'm 42 yes old probably watched Torquay more times than you.
:rofl:

Gilbert isn't meant for you, he's meant for your impending grandchildren and the other youngsters who turn up. Complaining about him is a bit like writing off to Points of View and whinging about the number of cartoons on TV.

Matt.

Admin edit of post
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm not belittling Loram at all.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

If Mark Loram was 1000 years ago, I feel bloody old now.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

It's NOT 'the end of....' It's the beginning! I intend to turn up at the ground with a poster demanding that the GILBERT DANCE be performed at every home game. Yes, it appeals to children, but also to the Old Codgers Gang (i.e. those of us who, knowing Mark Loram was good, are nevertheless able to compare him with Don Mills, Robin Stubbs, Tommy Northcott, Big Fry and all). Those wishing to join the MORE GILBERT protest join me on the Pop side!
A message to the left-wingers among you: consider the revolutionary implications of GILBERT.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

potnoodle wrote:No more dancing Gilbert please. Total toss. Bateson era revisited. Laughing stock then, getting like it again with Gilbert doing that dance.

Im just going to re-post a bit about I wrote about Gilbert on another thread -
by chunkygull » 26 Oct 2013, 20:33

its the sort of thing mascots are supposed to do. its better than him plodding about doing sod all. at least he has his own little party piece.

the only reason i suggested he do it in the first place was a bit of a laugh and to give him something to do.

the song goes with him because he is a bird and seeing the family guy dance made me think of it as something gilbert could do for a change. its meant to be a bit of silliness, thats the point.
potnoodle wrote:I beg your pardon Matt. Did you ever see Mark Loram play for Torquay. My first manager was the great Cyril Knowles. You certainly can not say that about Mark. Most gifted natural local talent. Shame on you. I'm 42 yes old probably watched Torquay more times than you.
Likewise, Cyril Knowles was when i first watched Torquay, Mark Loram was my favorite player, it made it even better that he was that good and he was a local lad. It is a toss up between Loram and David Graham for who is my favorite all time Torquay player.

Mark Loram = :bow:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Well, potnoodle , my favourite player of all time is dead & has been for a long time. Doesn't stop him still being my favourite player though! Micky Cave :bow: :bow: :bow:
Nothing wrong with Gilbert dancing.. you ever been to Swindon ? You can get molested by a Robin there, & he doesn't 'dance', he invades the pitch ! My granddaughter loves Gilbert dancing; she hardly notices him recently though.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

As said on the Pompey v Torquay match day thread.

Andrew Candy - Perhaps we could play 'Hey Jude' before the game on Saturday or something? Perhaps after 'Robert Miles - Children' and before the players kick off, get the crowd going roaring 'Hey Jude'.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:As said on the Pompey v Torquay match day thread.
Andrew Candy - Perhaps we could play 'Hey Jude' before the game on Saturday or something? Perhaps after 'Robert Miles - Children' and before the players kick off, get the crowd going roaring 'Hey Jude'.
Try anything once.. :)
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

potnoodle wrote:No more dancing Gilbert please. Total toss. Bateson era revisited. Laughing stock then, getting like it again with Gilbert doing that dance.
Total toss ... in that era we had the best Gilbert ever - ONE CANN LASHER (Bruce Cann) :clap:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Andy - none of us want another postponed game on Tuesday night. This is just a thought - Exeter got their pitch fit for the Portsmouth game with the help of some sort of magical equipment loaned from Somerset Cricket Club. Exeter haven't got a midweek game and are away next Saturday so they won't need to use it - is there any mileage in enquiring what the equipment can do, and if it could it help our situation ?
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thanks Tomogull, yes we will be asking about the "super-roller" that Exeter borrowed from Somerset. It basically helps remove surface water which whilst of some help is not the full answer to the problems we have. Thanks for the suggestion though. Regards,
Andrew