The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Dortmund amazing 3-2 win whilst Sheff U fail to win AGAIN at home. I so hope they get another season in league one the piggy b*stards!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

bloody cowdenbeath, last min goal to ruin two accs, £2200 snatched away!! £6 only tho luckily, 5/6 and 8/9

vale scuppered two other smallers accs too, won £25 on another line so small profit once again, been a damn good year
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Never thought i'd hear anyone utter those words Bix!

BLOODY COWDENBEATH!! :clap: :rofl:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Leicester for conceding a last minute penalty tossers! Money that i could almost touch blown away cruelly in the wind. W*NKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

austrianandygull wrote:Cheers Leicester for conceding a last minute penalty tossers! Money that i could almost touch blown away cruelly in the wind. W*NKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Save your money for your holiday!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It was only a tenner acca with a load of Irish teams and stuff but not to worry, i'll spend like mad on holiday and not pay the bills when i get back! :bow:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

wolves in one line, northampton in another. won about £35 off german over 2.5 line, so most of weekends outlay covered there
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'd like to post this is main threads but worried that id get done again

argyle 9/1 to get relegated!! massive aint it?? i'm certain that they'll get beat tomor at chesterfield and hoping beyond all hope that we can beat barnet, 7/5 home win!

we're 13/8 with bet365 to go tho, along with shots at 1/3. i think they'll win tomor too, so could have a completely diff look at 10pm tomor

four homes tomor is my bets
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

What price are Wimbledon to go Bix?

Benfica the latest to be pissing me off. 1-1 at home with minutes to go. Bang goes another acca. Juve, Nantes and StPats already won.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i am now an ex-internet gambler!! decided to quit while i was ahead, been a good 2013 so far, removed all my funds and thats that until next season, probably!!

the final straw was tonight, getting so pissed off with one game letting accs down, arsenal v everton, only needed one goal for £50, 0-0. leeds torquay and cardiff treble, 0-0 again, its so difficult to pick anything at this stage of the season so i thought i'd try to just stop

gardening from now on!! no, not, uphill before any of you cards chips in!!
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:i am now an ex-internet gambler!! decided to quit while i was ahead, been a good 2013 so far, removed all my funds and thats that until next season, probably!!

the final straw was tonight, getting so pissed off with one game letting accs down, arsenal v everton, only needed one goal for £50, 0-0. leeds torquay and cardiff treble, 0-0 again, its so difficult to pick anything at this stage of the season so i thought i'd try to just stop

gardening from now on!! no, not, uphill before any of you cards chips in!!
as if we would.......................

and f**kin derby 90th min equaliser ruined my gulls/tykes win double! :@

baskets!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

day three completed, not placed one bet either online (as planned) or at the bookies (which was not part of my deal with myself)

tomorrow i will probably take a stroll to the bookies down on woodseats, but i may decide to refrain completely as i'm off out on the lash again, leaving home half 3, meeting dave in the tap on the station

little music.arts event at victoria quays, connect the dots, then a band called lolly and the resonators at the shakespeare, should be a good un

so its hardly worth betting if i'm not gonna be a home roaring at the computer when goals go in at the wrong end as usual!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

decided to start again and got £125 back on gulls Sunderland and Charlton treble! cool!
still keeping the faith
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Yes, you can see why we are 100/1. We are at home, five teams have to get results that would see us go down. Imagine though, if 100 Torquay fans did that bet and donated winnings to club should we go down. If a thousand fans staked £10 on Torquay to get relegated and if the worst happened, donated winnings to club, that would be £1m raised to help get back out of the conference.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We are as-near-as-dammit safe. Even if we lose to Rovers, as Hector says, it will need five other results to go against us to send us down, and none of those adverse results are guaranteed. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to pay to watch the game and put down a £10 bet...