Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Reg Wyatt and Alan Smith, what a hard as nails combination that was.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

How old is this Moore lad? Wouldn't surprise me if Yeovil look to send him out on loan to a League Two club first to see how he gets on...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
OhJimmyJimmy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by OhJimmyJimmy »

Heard on the GV via a customer who is a keen Bournemouth fan (he has paid his £60!!!) that a lad called Jordan Stockley is currently training with us? Never heard of him myself? Anyone......
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

OhJimmyJimmy wrote:Heard on the GV via a customer who is a keen Bournemouth fan (he has paid his £60!!!) that a lad called Jordan Stockley is currently training with us? Never heard of him myself? Anyone......
Jayden Stockley?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayden_Stockley

Interesting.......
Def worth a look.

Although it does not look like he was with us today as goodluckgull would have spotted him when he was down there earlier.
Last edited by Richinns on 08 Jul 2013, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayden_Stockley

My guess is a Jayden not Jordan. Seems highly rated at Bournmouth and at 6ft2 is a big lad. Wasn't someone at training today?
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

OhJimmyJimmy wrote:Heard on the GV via a customer who is a keen Bournemouth fan (he has paid his £60!!!) that a lad called Jordan Stockley is currently training with us? Never heard of him myself? Anyone......

Jayden Stockley I believe is quite highly rated there. Fairly tall and stocky, played for the first team a few times, and spent last season on loan at Woking and did well. He's still under contract there so would surely be a loan?

Eddie Howe even gave an interview last month discussing his first team prospects: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/ ... is_chance/

And, interestingly, the Herald reported back in February that we were after him on loan when Rene got suspended. Might lend this story a little more credence:
http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Torqu ... z2YSNjQNft
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

He's got one of those new-fangled American type chavvy names that are now flooding English schools so I just hope he's a decent footballer. Jayden, Jordan, Harley, Harlee, Harleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Harleigh, Devon, Harrison, Madison, Chelsea, Katelynn, Keight, Rhianna, Rylee, Ryleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Ryleigh, Lexi, Lexee, Lexeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Liana, Tiana, Keanu, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. My child has a foreign name to reflect our heritage and it's not made up, we've either got some parents embarrassed of their own country or sh*tloads of American ancestry in this country that's all I can say.
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 08 Jul 2013, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

What is it with the obsession of using surnames as Christian names though? Like Harrison and Jordan. John Terry is f*cking bad enough!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Back on thread, IMO this week needs to see just about all of business concluded in an ideal world. Still want the big man up top though. Any suggestions who might be available and fit the bill?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Taylor, that's another one.................................. :slap:
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

I've watched Jayden stockley last season at Plainmoor when our reserves beat Bournemouth. He's quite a big lad and has a nice touch and I could see him being a handful on his day But I have to say we beat Bournemouth 2-1 with Kirtys Mackenzie and jake Hutchings at the back and the both kept him in check.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Reserve games are impossible to go against. Although I do take your point. He scored 10 goals in 30 in the division below and a fair few were of the bench. However he is a big lad and could be one that sets up play well. I don't know too much about him to be honest.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

supergulls wrote:I've watched Jayden stockley last season at Plainmoor when our reserves beat Bournemouth. He's quite a big lad and has a nice touch and I could see him being a handful on his day But I have to say we beat Bournemouth 2-1 with Kirtys Mackenzie and jake Hutchings at the back and the both kept him in check.
Super - which position is Hutchings best? Right Back or Centre Back? Is he ready to go straight in then or does he need a little more time to develop physically?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

During his loan spell at Accrington, Stockley scored against us with a fine lob in a game we lost 3-1 up there (Rene was sent off and Chris McPhee got a late consolation). It was during Lingy's first season at TUFC. MIght jog some memories for anyone who was there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16124065
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

If worst comes to worst and we weren't to bring in anybody else, we could line up like this:

Poke
Tonge Downes Mackenzie Cruise
Cameron Lathrope Mansell Chappell
Benyon Bodin

how do we think that team would do?
The gulls are going up