What Are You Listening To?

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

got the eddie stobart trucking songs compilation. i bloody love this song and keep playing it over and over again. its a brilliant film that its from also. :-D

[youtube]5zHVFXorF38[/youtube]
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

chunkygull wrote:got the eddie stobart trucking songs compilation. i bloody love this song and keep playing it over and over again. its a brilliant film that its from also. :-D

[youtube]5zHVFXorF38[/youtube]

Chunky! Please, please, please tell me you didn't?! :'(

I'm bringing an album out next week, it's called Austrianandy's toilet songs where I stick 20 randomly sh*te tracks onto a disc and then folk can listen to it when they have a dump. :)

I cannot believe you fell for buying summat like that chunks! :O
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

no, rest assured andy, i didnt buy that load of toss, i got it for fathers day. most of it is crap, there are a few decent tunes spread over the 3 discs, but not many, i have most of the decent ones on other albums already.

everybodys talkin' is one of the stand outs, it sounds great whilst just driving along, turn it up loud and give it some bass (timeless). :)

apparently actual truckers who work for the company voted to select the tracks for the album based on what they listen to. obviously many of them have spent too many hours on the road and it has severely affected their capacity to think rationally. :P
Last edited by chunkygull on 28 Sep 2013, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:
Chunky! Please, please, please tell me you didn't?! :'(

I'm bringing an album out next week, it's called Austrianandy's toilet songs where I stick 20 randomly sh*te tracks onto a disc and then folk can listen to it when they have a dump. :)

I cannot believe you fell for buying summat like that chunks! :O
knowing the way music and the charts are today, if you market it right, whip up some hype, tell everybody enough its what is good and what they should be listening to, it would probably top the album charts. :-D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:clap: :lol:

I'm on it right away!! (the toilet that is :Oops: ).
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Check out this on the Chapman Stick - fascinating....
Tap the strings, cross between keyboard and 2 guitars - very cool
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

quite enjoyed that, different and quite clever. :)
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

You might all enjoy this one too.

Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

crikey, i thought he was playing along with a backing track at first then i realised all those various sounds were coming off those metal drum type thingys. that was brilliant! :clap: :clap: :clap:
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

It's a fantastic instrument, very similar to a steel drum but obviously a different shape. Every square inch of that drum makes a different pitch or key. Is called a Hang (pronounced, "Hung") and I am definitely buying one. Shame about the 2 year waiting list though!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

this is about as cultured as i get usually. as im getting older i am listening to and enjoying classical and certain opera and instrumental pieces though. however, this has been one of my favourite songs ever since it came out. sounds great in the car or even sat at my laptop with headphones on, you have to play it loud to appreciate it. gives me goosebumps.

[youtube]jKmEzXa1yJA[/youtube]
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I liked that Luke, as it is technically percussion then it ticks all the boxes for me being a skinsman myself.

It is different but sounds great, the bloke has superb talent there and i'm sure if he went on Britain's Got Talent the banal panel would clap and say something like, "Oh that's so cute" or some sh*t like that and then tell the bloke there isn't much further he could go with on of those things. Meanwhile next up some dolled up slapper comes on screeching Rhianna songs at the top of her voice, nodding her head like f*cking Frankel and showing a bit of t*t and bish bash bosh, through you go lass. A star is born. Yeah right, for 10 minutes until her CD's are all over car boot sales like a rash a few years later.

Talking about car boots, I went to the massive one at Donny Rovers ground last weekend, spent about 20 quid and hired a transit to take everything home! It was amazing, I got a cd rack for £2, thoroughly disinfected now of course (you should have seen the people who were selling it - they were actually wanting £3 for it but I knocked them down and now i'm really 10 men because they looked a family of psycho's! I also got a Korn CD for 50p, brand new! Like I said, not many alternative / metal cd's to be found at car boots apart from the usual sh*te like Arctic Monkeys, the Coral and all that crap. Plus endless Steps, SClub7, JLS and all the manufactured tripe that people buy when they are 3, wake up to music a few years later and then feel compelled to rid themselves of these evil cd's once and for all. I reckon if you asked 5p for a STEPS cd at a car boot you wouldn't sell it.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

agree about the car boots andy. it is usually the same old cd's of the same mundane. boring, manufactured tripe. stuff people have bought because the hype machine has told them its good, its what they must listen to and they must buy it. eventually they wake up from their musical coma and realise most of this stuff is shite.

i dont normally mind x factor, i see a lot of talented singers on there, many of which get nowhere and disappear whilst others go through and get on the main shows. then most on the main shows including some of the winners are crap.

i feel there is a lot of politics on that show and it is definite some of the judges already know or know of certain acts. indeed, louis walsh blurted more or less that out the other week when he put through an irish girl and he was crying and going on about how he knows her and her family.

gary barlow really p1$$ed me off last week, there was a group on there called tenors of rock, he put them through to his last 6 but was grumbling they arent his cup of tea, he took them on the advice of the other judges. he then swapped them for a really bland girl group that has been seen and done many times over, nothing new or out of the ordinary. same as the rest of the 6, all stereotypes of past groups, all similar, all really young, not anything different, boring, wont get anywhere or last long.

in the tenors of rock there is a lad called hugh maynard who i went school with in paignton and was mates with for a few years after. he won a few local talent shows, then went on to do loads in the west end for quite a few years. the group all auditioned last year on the andrew lloyd webber tv show to win the lead in jesus christ superstar, i think one of them got to the final.

however, this group are really good and very different there is a few clips on youtube of their shows. they were in a show supporting david hassellhoff, they played hyde park last year, they are better than anything gary barlow picked in his final 6 line up. its just typical. :@
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

heres something i have been listening to in the car -

[youtube]07Y0cy-nvAg[/youtube]

from the licensed to ill album, made in 1986, yes 1986, it was 27 years ago :O , that scares the bejesus out of me,it doesnt seem anything like that. :|

anyway 27 years old or not its timeless. :-D
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

ooohh, better not forget this one, you cant really have one without the other - :~D

[youtube]eBShN8qT4lk[/youtube]