The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Great idea hector but how many would give TUFC the winnings if it came down to it. I would do it if could ve guaranteed all the money went to the club
TUST MEMBER
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Let me look after your winnings Neal, im trustworthy........
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

100/1 - This is a bet you simply cannot lost on, I've just had £20 on that and hope Mr Coral keeps it.

My warped logic being the following.

Ask yourself would you give £20 to ensure TU stay up? I'd probably give someone a couple of hundred to guarantee our safety but i'll go with £20 this week. Anyway, Mr Coral has assured me Torquay will stay up this weekend in exchange for £20. In the event that he does not keep his promise and the list of events required to line up all happen, he will give me £2000 with which to console myself with over the summer.

Its a win win situation.
TUST #324
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

can't argue with that I am going £20 as well.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

numpte wrote:100/1 - This is a bet you simply cannot lost on, I've just had £20 on that and hope Mr Coral keeps it.

My warped logic being the following.

Ask yourself would you give £20 to ensure TU stay up? I'd probably give someone a couple of hundred to guarantee our safety but i'll go with £20 this week. Anyway, Mr Coral has assured me Torquay will stay up this weekend in exchange for £20. In the event that he does not keep his promise and the list of events required to line up all happen, he will give me £2000 with which to console myself with over the summer.

Its a win win situation.
Agreed, a friend of mine phoned me Saturday and suggested the same thing, some time this week will be doing the same.

Much prefer to be celebrating safety and quite happy to waste £20, however as said £2000 should ease the pain if it all goes wrong.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

forevertufc wrote:
Much prefer to be celebrating safety and quite happy to waste £20, however as said £2000 should ease the pain if it all goes wrong.

Betting against your own team to ease the suffering. I'm here holding my betting slip feeling disgusted with you Dave for even giving that notion a thought.

:red:

:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Indeed Troj me old mate..it's a no brainer.. :)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

forevertufc wrote:Indeed Troj me old mate..it's a no brainer.. :)
Together with me Dave you'll be donating all winnings to "Mens Troubles Down There" research ?

:Oops:

:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by londongull63 »

Perhaps if the directors have £1,000 to waste, then should the worst happen it will give them £100,000 start to get us out the Conference! If every home fan on Saturday donated a pound at the gate, we'd have probably over £350,000 and could get back no problem !!

Anyway before I'm accused of negativity and glass half-full, I must admit when we look doomed my posts are always positive and optimistic and when we look safe they are warning of pitfalls and the "we'll be ok" Colchester/play-off affected Tranmere memory is a mistake well worth mentioning as I can see every chance of Barnet and Wimbledon winning. In fact if I had to bet on their results I'd bet on both winning as Barnet giving everything buoyed by last Saturday against a half-hearted, injury-avoiding and wobbling Northampton who will be resting best players could well be an away win, and Wimbledon do pull out unexpected must-wins and they're playing in front of a packed home crowd against an off-form nothing-to-play for Fleetwood who might give younsters or reserves a game.
Dagenham York looks like a pretty even contest which could be a draw, but should the worst be happening at Plainmoor and we're losing, particularly if by two, and
they are drawing with radios/internet, it's obvious they would muck about wasting time knocking it across the back fours to play out their draw.

Yes, we can't rely on a back-up saviour, I think there's every chance we will need to go and get our result with the same determination and fire as against Barnet and if we do that there's no reason why we can't. In fact Argyle face the same danger

Having said that, I'm a total two-faced hypocrite, because I have something else on and i'm thinking should I cancel it and travel all the way from London when we're looking ok. It's hard to banish that felling and if the other results do all go against us, I'd be far more confident in us getting a result if for example they'd all played in the morning and we knew before kick off it was totally up to us to do it, rather than be in the position of that Colchester day.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Nah, for a start I don't have the need to go quite as often as you Troj. :) , and to be honest I don't want the winnings I want the club to stay up, but if does happen, I also need a new van, see where I am coming from, will be donating the money to the charity of erm..me.. ;-)
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

I have put my £10 on with Paddy Power at 100/1, not because I want to win the money but because my predictions are usually wrong so a bit of superstition here to help Torquay stay up. If we do go down I will be spending some of it on a season ticket that I wouldn`t normally buy due to cost and ability to get to many games so the club would benefit to a degree.

Paddy also give a free matching bet so I`ve a more realistic £10 bet at no cost on Barnet going down at 5/2 so hopefully we will stay up and I win £25.

For anyone with money to burn, Betfair are still giving odds of 19/4 on Rene Howe being League 2 top scorer this season!!

With regards to Saturday`s game, playing for a draw will be asking for trouble. I`d have a cutting of the Relegation mini league from us downwards in the dressing room and be drumming it into the players that we must win to stand a chance of winning this mini league.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

We're safe now for sure as I had a sneaky bet and I never win anything! He he.

Best tenner I've ever spent!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I haven't got the money to waste on a lost cause, so I'm not going to bother

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

Amazed this 100/1 price has lasted so long, you only have to remember Colchester in 2005 to know this series of similarly damaging results could happen. I'm sure we'll be safe, but you just never know.
Looks like the bookies have finally recognised the weight of money, I've already had a lump on it at 100s, but just got restricted by both PaddyPower in terms of bet amount and by Corals in terms of odds offered.