New home shirt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Chunky, I'm with you mate. I really liked the retro look of the kit, it too reminded me of one of my all time favourite united kits.

The group of 30 somethings (+) I stand with all agreed G was a great design. Many were planning on buying their first replica kit in years. Unfortunately after seeing the photo of the final design they've all changed their minds.

Reading the forum it seems many feel the same. It's a real shame because I truly believe that we've missed out on a lot of extra sales.

As mentioned above, nice idea, poor execution.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I actually prefer the new version to the old one. G, was not a nice design for my tastes and I disagreed mainly with the choice of white and yellow. The new version has a bit more yellow than I thought and we won't be stuck in the early 90s with the silly collar that many footballers said they couldn't stand when V-Necks started coming in.

In the process of changing it though, they haven't changed it enough to make me want it, but have changed it too much to make the appealing aspects of 'G' redundant.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I can't be bothered to read through 28 pages of discussion to find out...

Has anyone got this shirt yet? If so can someone upload a picture to this site so I can see what it looks like in the flesh?

Thank you kindly.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Steve, go onto page 22 of this thread and the 3rd post down has a pic of a woman wearing it at a game for some reason I can't remember.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

here is a picture i copied from page 22 - at the game in the daylight you could hardly pick out the yellow stripes and the shirt seemed to take on a dodgy sort of magnolia, cream colour (which is what i said it would because of the past 2 incarnations ).

80% of why i dont like the shirt is because it is yellow and white stripes and not yellow with blue trim, 10% is because we have had almost identical twice already, 10% is because although its not hideous it just doesnt work (it ends up looking cream/magnolia).

only real gripe with the tweaking of the winning design is the collar whatever style would have looked much better in blue.
Attachments
image[1].jpg
image[1].jpg (16.4 KiB) Viewed 1064 times
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It's immense that shirt Chunky! My one problem is the club badge, it's plain and boring and should be blue or something. Our club crest is yellow and blue and not black.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Surely it can't be long before we are able to get our mitts on this football design leviathan? I thought it might be available by now with less than 4 weeks to the start of the season. Maybe Sondico are as incompetent as Vandanhell?
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Thankyou Dutch, most appreciated. I shall be one of the first in there. A new shirt, a new manager, a new team, a new way of playing football and a new era in the history of TUFC. Can't wait.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

"mid-july" is a bit vague, isn't it? As long as they are there by July 27th, that's all I care about. I shall be there to purchase my first shirt in several years (and I'll probably take a few of the older ones of their hands too)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Hopefully on sale on Tuesday to coincide with the Yeovil match.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Surely it can't be long before we are able to get our mitts on this football design leviathan? I thought it might be available by now with less than 4 weeks to the start of the season. Maybe Sondico are as incompetent as Vandanhell?
Sondico ARE Vandanel!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!! :-/

:lol:
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Sondico is cheap tatty crud from Sports Direct, so naturally they make our kits as we are also cheap tatty crud.

However I am loving the stripes so will get one, only I am going to put a Matchwinner sticker over the Sports Direct logo.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

royalgull wrote:Sondico is cheap tatty crud from Sports Direct, so naturally they make our kits as we are also cheap tatty crud.

However I am loving the stripes so will get one, only I am going to put a Matchwinner sticker over the Sports Direct logo.

Has it got a sports direct logo on the shirt then Royal? I didn't know this.