New home shirt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

KentGull wrote:
...and white socks

Question though (it might just be my eyesight or the fact that my computer screen's contrast is buggered) but why is the kit BLACK and yellow???

definitely blue or navy blue shorts, but please dear god no more white in the kit, those bloody white stripes are going to be hard enough to stomach over the next 2 years.

yellow socks, please, let it be yellow socks at least, like the 1st incarnation of the stripes kit was. the whole yellow and white thing is bad enough and white socks will only make it worse.

looks like the sondico and club badge are in black, version shown off at half time vs rovers had these and it looked awful, why not blue?
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote:
definitely blue or navy blue shorts, but please dear god no more white in the kit, those bloody white stripes are going to be hard enough to stomach over the next 2 years.

yellow socks, please, let it be yellow socks at least, like the 1st incarnation of the stripes kit was. the whole yellow and white thing is bad enough and white socks will only make it worse.

looks like the sondico and club badge are in black, version shown off at half time vs rovers had these and it looked awful, why not blue?

stop moaning............

shirt looks fab! :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Manse has put a photo of himself in his new shirt on Twitter.....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Captain fantastic!
Attachments
Manse-shirt.jpg
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
KentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence's Afro

Post by KentGull »

...don't think much of the shorts! :keepie:
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Love it.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

comparing the shirt in the mansell picture and the picture of the one modelled at the rovers game, the mansell one looks to have a better finish, a better collar and the sponsorship logo is smaller.possibly the yellow is a bit different, but that may be the lighting. it does look better.

the shirt is not hideous nor awful (yeah, i know) =Z ,

but i still dont like it or want it, i dont accept it as our colours and never will, but it looks ok
(yeah, i know). :-/

bottom line, we are yellow and blue. :scarf: not yellow, blue and white, but its not bad, (yeah, i know) :-| .

dont want it, dont like it, shan't buy it (for a visual effect- i just stamped my foot, crossed my arms and my bottom lip is down - very low). :(

i dont hate it, it could have been worse, like incarnation 2 was, it might look smart with the rest of the kit (if they get that right), it may be popular, it might be better than i thought, the mansell picture is (YES, I KNOW). :Oops:

but i will never accept it, as far as im concerned its not our home/1st kit colours. :'(
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Chunky, it's sh*t hot man!! Get yersen down the club shop the minute they are on sale and get spending ya tight wad! :whip: :na: :lol:

I can't wait to get it and just hope I can squeeze into an XL this year. :Oops:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

This shirt will be on my shopping list when over in October. Need to browse through what is available in the shop so I can fill my suitcase :)

-Eirik-
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Saw it in the Club Shop before the game today and thought it looked better in real life than the pictures shown of it.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

What's the problem, new manager, new assistant, new board, new team, new tactics, new attitude & new shirt..... :scarf: :-D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Absolutely Coley.

:bow: :clap: :lol:

To be honest, I really cannot wait until the season begins as everything is new like you say and without meaning to drag up the old, can you simply imagine the despondency around the place if Ling was taking charge of another season at the helm? With everything being new we don't know what the hell to expect or what is around the corner, what type of football we're going to play, what our new signings will be like and so on and it's so bloody refreshing and exciting and I for one am close to excreting urine at the prospect of it all. :) :scarf:

Sadly I won't get to see our opener against Wombles but I may be at Swindon midweek and definitely at Morecambe the following weekend. Come on you beauties!!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

Yes Andy, what a refreshing change to have a 'feel good factor' and no one has fallen out on here lately :lol: Lee looks happy in the pic but a bit concerned about his belly :lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Does anyone know where you can buy those Football League logo patches that are on the players shirts in games but not on replica shirts? I think you used to be able to buy them and sew them on but i'm not sure if they still sell them.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Epic fail from the club! :na:

Wrong shirt (not the one shown in the Club Shop) and wrong sponsors.

I still prefer the one with the collar though.

http://mobile.torquayunited.com/news/ar ... 1030000000

Steve
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf: