Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Ben Harding to come in midfield
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Lloyder5 wrote:In an article in the Herald this morning AK said 2 players would be joining the squad after the marines game.
http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Rene-Howe- ... z2YkrTv0N4
A centre-forward and a centre-half
Yes it says that they are planned signings & they are being invited to the club. Does this mean that they are certain to sign?
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

supergulls wrote:Ben Harding to come in midfield
Experienced midfielder, check!

Great signing if it happens. Does anyone know if he is a midfield general or a playmaker?
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

I'm hearing he has a medical tomorrow
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Would be an ideal signing! Big lad be a good signing for us and a good footballer.
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

Wikipedia says Harding will sign for us on 15th July.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

I'd heard this too about Harding...did wonder whether we'd be in for him when Northampton released him.

Think it would be a decent signing. Pretty tall, quite physical and a good passer. Certainly got the better deal with them getting Morris! Never particularly impressed me when he's come up against us but I'm quietly confident he'll be a good signing.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Seems like he lost his way after leaving MK Dons several years ago having a few loan spells before spending 4 years at Aldershot. Latterly he was at Northampton so I think he'd be a solid acquisition for us and give us a bit of bite in midfield and a good passer but i'm not sure if he's quick enough to do a 'Labadie' nor is he a particular goal threat with about 20 in his last 10 years as a footballer. I don't know too much about him but he'll give us a bit extra in the middle no doubt. Still need a decent CB, a big front man and possibly a couple more and so it's still all to do but we'll wait and see.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

I think Andy after this guy it will be a center half and a center forward and that will be it, I don't think there will be a couple more after that.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

That's fine with me supergulls. My main priority which I believe we've been crying out for these last few years is a big, physical target man who can get on the end of set pieces as I don't believe we were anywhere near productive enough in these areas under Ling. I feel we do need a solid experienced CB too but like you say, so long as those are added i'm more than happy with the squad.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by exiledgull »

Well AK said he wanted at LEAST a centre half, centre mid, 2 strikers.

This would leave us with wanting at least 3 more if Harding is to sign. I don't think that's too bad to say before our first friendly game. I'm still hearing a strong rumour Mozika will be with us but not until November.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

exiledgull wrote:Well AK said he wanted at LEAST a centre half, centre mid, 2 strikers.

This would leave us with wanting at least 3 more if Harding is to sign. I don't think that's too bad to say before our first friendly game. I'm still hearing a strong rumour Mozika will be with us but not until November.
November? - Any reason as to why with this rumour?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by exiledgull »

If I said anything more I would be guessing. That's all I've heard. Could be complete tosh/could be true I don't claim to be in the know and know everything just what I've heard. I wouldn't take it as gospel.

Will anyone who goes to game to do a write up on the new players? As I'm eager to find out what there like and won't be able to attend the match :(
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

I'm going to the match and in my drunken stupor I will make sure to post and give updates, I'm sure quite a few others will too.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'll be there as well. And at the Season Ticket Holders thing beforehand as well. Be interesting to see how the new players do and if there are any trialists playing a part.