Racism in Football

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We've had this discussion many times and as we already know we're polar opposites. All the things you need, all the worries you have will be taken out of our control.

It's all pure pantomime anyway.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Arelbee wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 19:54 Comparing the brexit complexity to the restaging of a football match is just so way off the mark it’s frightening. In truth, a high proportion of people who voted did not understand the implications of their vote due to the
Di complexity of all of this. Now that the reality is to some degree known, I believe we SHOULD ask the question again - but only when we have agreement as to the options and they have been explained clearly.

I appreciate that if the decision reversed there would be many millions of leavers disappointed but if more information fundamentally changed the minds of enough people to reverse the decision, then that would feel like democracy.

To use the football analogy I would say it is more like being asked do you want to back your football team to win, only then to find out later that actually they will be playing a rugby match!
A typical REMAINERS attitude I'm afraid, you didnt expect the majority of this country to say NO enough is enough did you ? And to pompously have the bare faced cheek to accuse intelligent hard working people of not having a clue what they were voting for is at best arrogant to say the least.
The football analogy is a perfect way for the normal man to associate themselves with what is going on in this country today.
We are fed up to the back teeth with the likes of the Anna Soubreys & Emily Thornburys using their self professed power over the people to get what they want instead of delivering for the majority of voters they are supposed to represent

The sooner they are made to realised they were elected by the people & not to self serve themselves we will be able to move on.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Some of us are “fed up to the back teeth” with leading Brexiteer MPs claiming that 52% is a whacking great majority and the “will of the people”. It was the will of 52% of the people on one day in 2016, after a campaign of lies, deceit and bullshit. Interesting that “Lord Snooty” Rees-Mogg is now claiming that May should resign because she only has the support of 60 odd percent of her MPs, a cynic might call that hypocrisy. I’m also sick of Tory MPs telling us why all the Leavers voted leave, how the feck do they know, in their millionaire bubbles, probably on the payroll of Rupert Murdoch? There were all sorts of reasons why people voted leave, not least of which was a general pissedoffness at the world and the UK in general. So don’t give me this smug shite about will of the people, it’s utter bollocks.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 17:49 Some of us are “fed up to the back teeth” with leading Brexiteer MPs claiming that 52% is a whacking great majority and the “will of the people”. It was the will of 52% of the people on one day in 2016, after a campaign of lies, deceit and bullshit. Interesting that “Lord Snooty” Rees-Mogg is now claiming that May should resign because she only has the support of 60 odd percent of her MPs, a cynic might call that hypocrisy. I’m also sick of Tory MPs telling us why all the Leavers voted leave, how the feck do they know, in their millionaire bubbles, probably on the payroll of Rupert Murdoch? There were all sorts of reasons why people voted leave, not least of which was a general pissedoffness at the world and the UK in general. So don’t give me this smug shite about will of the people, it’s utter bollocks.
Well said mate. :goodpost:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

This is to all of you who are struggling to accept the EU referendum vote cast by the eligible people of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland back in 2016.
The result was 52% - 48 % IN FAVOUR of leaving the EU.
This was a totally legitimate Democratic vote in which ALL WHO HAD A SAY understood that the final outcome would be accepted by all no matter what way the result decided.
As a leave voter, I am not happy with what has been proposed & agreed with the other 27 euros states but I am prepared ( with a few tweaks here & there ) to COMPROMISE. As a proper Democratic country should.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

No compromise. Leave.
Dave

OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Can this thread be either locked or moved? Failing to see how it's related to TUFC now.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

OllieGull wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 20:59 Can this thread be either locked or moved? Failing to see how it's related to TUFC now.
If you don't like the thread don't fecking read it or comment on it it's quite simple.
Its got everything to do with TUFC with employment rights etc .
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Teigngull wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 21:24 If you don't like the thread don't fecking read it or comment on it it's quite simple.
Its got everything to do with TUFC with employment rights etc .
Really? I didn't realise Brexit had everything to do with Torquay United, thanks for informing me.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Employment rights......We lose Kalala , Niate and Keating ........bloody foreigners coming over 'ere taking our jobs.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

OllieGull wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 21:58 Really? I didn't realise Brexit had everything to do with Torquay United, thanks for informing me.
When you and many other lose their jobs because of Brexit and can’t afford to go to Plainmoor any more then you will see that it has a lot to do with Torquay United, unless you believe assurances from the liars and charlatáns who are leading demands for “no deal”. The people who funded the Brexit campaign illegally, who advised their investment clients to move their money to Ireland, who apply for German passports for their children and who now want us to jump off a cliff with them (they have parachutes, we don’t)?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Scaremongering at its very best. You have no evidence to back that up at all.
Dave

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Southampton Gull wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 09:04 Scaremongering at its very best. You have no evidence to back that up at all.
Only the recent projections from the Bank of England. I tend to believe Mark Carney rather than an arse like Johnson or Farage. A no deal Brexit will impoverish us immensely. For 45 years we have built close supply relationships with EU countries, we are mutually dependent. Brexit, particularly a no deal Brexit, will smash this. Even Lord Snooty Rees-Mogg doesn’t think we will see any economic benefit from Brexit for 50 years, I.e. never. There are many of us who will fight this madness to the end. Thankfully I have a sane MP, Sarah Wollaston, who is doing her bit. You believe thickos like Raab if you want to, the man who as Brexit Secretary was “surprised” at how much trade there is across the Straits of Dover, I will believe the Bank of England.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

The bank of England? Seriously? Good God any Banker is only interested in one thing and it's got nothing to do with the welfare of the ordinary man.

I'm not taken in by anybody, particularly Farage, I've always seen him as a Trojan horse anyway.

We can negotiate our own trade deals without it killing our industries in the way the EU has. It seems to me you're falling for the same thing you're accusing others of just from different sources. This country survived pretty dammed well before the EU and would do so without it. There's some ridiculous claims from the remainers that are dismissed daily by the evidence of how the economy is holding up.
Dave

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Dutchgull wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 22:19 Employment rights........bloody foreigners coming over 'ere taking our jobs.
Taking our fish more like. Once we exit the EU and the Royal Navy sink the first 12 French fishing vessels for moving outside the 12 mile French fishing zone into our protected waters watch the EU Commissions ability to renegotiate fishing quota's. It will be fun to see how they can renegotiate when its in their interests.

Bit extreme I know, just making a point.