Barnet v Torquay United Sat 30th January KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I agree we are not in a position to be able to bed someone in to "learn the game".

As I said if Umerah had missed the two sitters that Street has in the last two games then you'd have 20 odd posts on here saying he is useless. I'm not criticizing him - I appreciate he's young, inexperienced and doesn't look physically strong enough to fufill the role he is being asked to carry out.

If I had the choice I would start Umerah overs Waters/Street purely because I think he's better as the lone striker than either of the other two,
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Agreed. Waters is successful coming on after Umerah has given the defenders an hour long battering. He'll have a decent career in my opinion.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Umerah is a centre forward, big, combative and willing to lead the line, Street if you look at his palace videos mainly plays as a number ten, it will be a few years before he has the strength and acumen to lead the line,making comparisons is fine but these are two different players, I believe a great percentage of our goals this season have come from midfield because that is the way we play, I am not a fan of lone strikers no matter how good they are, playing more dedicated frontline players ties up more defenders.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

brucie wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 16:08 If I had the choice I would start Umerah overs Waters/Street purely because I think he's better as the lone striker than either of the other two,
I concur. As Culmstockgull says, " a great percentage of our goals this season have come from midfield because that is the way we play," and that generally happens because you have a front player who can hold the ball up to allow the midfielders to catch up with play. Both Wright and Umerah do this well - its a skill in itself.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest